Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cappy
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Cappy »

Rudagger wrote:So, Peaks or not aside (though I’m still hoping for S4, as I think Peak’s familiarity helps keep Lynch with one foot on the ground so to speak), who are your dream casts?
Completely random, but I think J.B. Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm) spouting vague-yet-menacing Lynch dialogue through his trademark lisp would be amusing.

Mark Duplass is always good. I feel like Maria Bamford could work well in a Lynch piece, she simultaneously has bubbly Lucy energy mixed in with (un)healthy Sarah Palmer gloom.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Cappy wrote:I feel like Maria Bamford could work well in a Lynch piece, she simultaneously has bubbly Lucy energy mixed in with (un)healthy Sarah Palmer gloom.
That would be amazing, and not out of the realm of possibility given Brett Gelman's role and John Ennis' brief cameo in S3, two faces that surprised me a lot.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Panapaok wrote:Anybody remember Arbogast? That's who we need right now to give us info. Those were the days! :lol:
Yeah .. I remember! To think it’s been half a decade since.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Rudagger wrote:
So, Peaks or not aside (though I’m still hoping for S4, as I think Peak’s familiarity helps keep Lynch with one foot on the ground so to speak), who are your dream casts?
I'd always thought Michael Wincott would be a great addition; but perhaps I imagined him as a Renault. Convincing current speculation would cancel that out I suppose.

Other actors I'd like to see would be Michael K. Williams, Jared Harris, Lisa Marie and Tom Waits.
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Panapaok wrote:Anybody remember Arbogast? That's who we need right now to give us info. Those were the days! :lol:
Totally remember Arbogast...I often wonder if he ever was found out or got in any trouble for the little tidbits that he fed us.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Interesting tidbits. I'm still inclined to think if Frost and Showtime are not involved it is not Twin Peaks related, but I wouldn't rule it out.

As for dream casting, I recall that post-BLM discussion between Lynch and Sutherland where Lynch expressed an interest in centering POC in his work, and I can't imagine he'd have too many more opportunities other than whatever this upcoming project turns out to be. So I'd love to see pretty much any member of the cast of "Atlanta" work with Lynch, but especially Lakeith Stanfield.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

AXX°N N. wrote:
Cappy wrote:I feel like Maria Bamford could work well in a Lynch piece, she simultaneously has bubbly Lucy energy mixed in with (un)healthy Sarah Palmer gloom.
That would be amazing, and not out of the realm of possibility given Brett Gelman's role and John Ennis' brief cameo in S3, two faces that surprised me a lot.
The "Brett Gelman and Tim Heidecker Have Lunch" videos are some of the best character driven comedy I've ever seen.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:Interesting tidbits. I'm still inclined to think if Frost and Showtime are not involved it is not Twin Peaks related, but I wouldn't rule it out.

As for dream casting, I recall that post-BLM discussion between Lynch and Sutherland where Lynch expressed an interest in centering POC in his work, and I can't imagine he'd have too many more opportunities other than whatever this upcoming project turns out to be. So I'd love to see pretty much any member of the cast of "Atlanta" work with Lynch, but especially Lakeith Stanfield.
Can you link that? I recall the earlier Robert Johnson rumors, and that Sutherland said she would think more in depth about diversity during further projects, but other than a "if a person is right for the job thats all that matters" during the interview I'm thinking of, I don't recall Lynch's quote regarding the matter of focusing on POC. Thanks in advance.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

mtwentz wrote:
Totally remember Arbogast...I often wonder if he ever was found out or got in any trouble for the little tidbits that he fed us.
No and no.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

beano wrote:"Casting will take place shortly but it’s believed Lynch has met with a couple of names (one whose name rhymes with Learn) for headline roles."

https://moviehole.net/david-lynchs-new- ... g-shortly/
A good question to ask yourself when reading stuff like this and deciding how legit it may be: does it provide any new, specific information? The only "new" thing here is that Dern could be involved, which isn't really new since many people have already made the connection with her comment about Lynch wanting her to shave her head for a new project. Given that it's surrounded by a bunch of stuff taken from elsewhere, I would say the chances that this person has a legit source are next to nil.

Anyway as excited as I am for this, as someone who didn't really get into Lynch until the later '00s it does kind of bum me out that I will likely never get a chance to see a new David Lynch feature film in a theater (I've actually never even seen an old one, but I'm sure I'll make it to a rep screening one of these days, assuming rep theaters survive the pandemic).
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

LateReg wrote:
ManBehindWinkies wrote:Interesting tidbits. I'm still inclined to think if Frost and Showtime are not involved it is not Twin Peaks related, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Can you link that? I recall the earlier Robert Johnson rumors, and that Sutherland said she would think more in depth about diversity during further projects, but other than a "if a person is right for the job thats all that matters" during the interview I'm thinking of, I don't recall Lynch's quote regarding the matter of focusing on POC. Thanks in advance.
Yeah I find that hard to believe. I could also envisage Lynch getting in a bit of media trouble for his ideas about artistic purity in terms of how it affects representation... but that's another matter.

Unless he already had an idea with a minority lead in his "box" (the one he and Sabrina were going through last year) and that's what has evolved into Wisteria?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Remember in 2018 Lynch said that Carrie is calling but there are some disturbances. Then during his weather reports he mentioned that the future looks bright. Wonder if all of this is connected
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

mtwentz wrote:
Arbogast had to be professionally affiliated with the series, and on location for filming. I remember their profile picture was of a coffee cup, which turned out the be the very same coffee cup that was thrown out the window of Becky’s trailer. For years we’d heard “someone will throw a coffee cup out a window”, and that was it!
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

LateReg wrote:

I'd read this article. I misrembered details: may have been a print interview instead of a video, and sounds like Sutherland was expressing it more which should make anti-diversity folks happy : https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-lyn ... quarantine
Both Lynch and Sutherland say that America’s ongoing racial reckoning, including clarion calls for increased diversity in front of and behind the camera, has caused them to consider ways to better center BIPOC voices in their work, a subject that Lynch’s features have long interrogated.

“It makes me think about what I’ve been doing and how I can improve in that respect,” reflects Sutherland. She says that, while many David Lynch productions are staffed with long-time Lynch collaborators like Duwayne Dunham, Peter Deming, and Alfredo Ponce, she plans to “give opportunities that haven’t been there in the past” when new projects can begin safely crewing up.

Lynch, for his part, says that while “it would be wrong to put someone in a role for any other reason than they are perfect for the part,” he also “understands the frustration if people aren’t welcome to the table.” The rule that guides him now after more than five decades of filmmaking is simply to find fellow human beings willing to “follow the ideas” as they come up during production. If that’s the case, “I’m open for anything and I would work with anyone if they were right for the part. Zero problem,” he says.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:
I'd read this article. I misrembered details: may have been a print interview instead of a video, and sounds like Sutherland was expressing it more which should make anti-diversity folks happy : https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-lyn ... quarantine
Thanks, that's the one I thought you were referencing.