Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by baxter »

:D

I must admit that I'm not seeing hints in any of these messages.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

krishnanspace wrote:There are 10 letters in between A and K and 10 is the number of completion. Also if Netflix is buying the Twin Peaks IP, why would CBS own the Twin Peaks festivals now?
There's no way Showtime sold the Twin Peaks IP. I guess there's a possibility of some kind of co-production between them but I still highly doubt it. I maintain that Wisteria is not TP related until there's some concrete proof saying otherwise.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Panapaok wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:There are 10 letters in between A and K and 10 is the number of completion. Also if Netflix is buying the Twin Peaks IP, why would CBS own the Twin Peaks festivals now?
There's no way Showtime sold the Twin Peaks IP. I guess there's a possibility of some kind of co-production between them but I still highly doubt it. I maintain that Wisteria is not TP related until there's some concrete proof saying otherwise.
Could be. Money Heist on Netflix was a co-production between the original Spanish channel that owned it and Netflix if I’m not wrong.
One question that was lingering on my mind is if wisteria is being shot in LA/some studio where did the rumours that it’s set in Odessa, Texas come from? Or were the Odessa scenes in season 3 shot in LA?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

krishnanspace wrote:One question that was lingering on my mind is if wisteria is being shot in LA/some studio where did the rumours that it’s set in Odessa, Texas come from? Or were the Odessa scenes in season 3 shot in LA?
Only the establishing shot of the Odessa sign is actually from Texas. The rest of these scenes were filmed in California.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Also does that indicate something is happening in the world of Twin peaks because of this legal activity? Otherwise why the apparent split if there is not going to be anything new in Twin Peaks
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I wouldn't be happy with a non Frost approved "Twin Peaks". However I'd imagine that Rancho Rosa was/is a sub-company made to handle the affairs particularly related to the expenses of producing "The Return", while "Twin Peaks Productions" handles the overall catalogue income and rights.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Good grief, this is exciting!

I don’t imagine this is the way that Lynch or Netflix intended to announce this project. I suppose this is all building steam towards an actual announcement, but I wonder how long they’ll let this continue before making things official.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Mixed feelings about the possibility of Lynch moving forward on Peaks without Frost.

But I do have trouble seeing them doing a new season together -- I don't even think they have the same interpretation of how S3 ended (or should have ended). It's hard to see them picking up and continuing on something if they already have fundamental disagreements about it.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Cappy wrote:Mixed feelings about the possibility of Lynch moving forward on Peaks without Frost.

But I do have trouble seeing them doing a new season together -- I don't even think they have the same interpretation of how S3 ended (or should have ended). It's hard to see them picking up and continuing on something if they already have fundamental disagreements about it.
Totally agree. After re reading Frost’s Twin Peaks books, I realized Frost and Lynch had very different visions of the series.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Sad news about Mark (potentially) exiting the franchise. It’s tough to know what to make of it. It seems unlikely that he would willingly relinquish control of the thing he’s most famous for, which he helped keep alive for so many years.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Sad news about Mark (potentially) exiting the franchise. It’s tough to know what to make of it. It seems unlikely that he would willingly relinquish control of the thing he’s most famous for, which he helped keep alive for so many years.
That’s what I’ve been wondering. He’s the one who got us Season 3 and now he wants out. Doesn’t make sense. I hope Mark is still involved with Twin Peaks
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Cappy wrote:Mixed feelings about the possibility of Lynch moving forward on Peaks without Frost.

Yeah, similar thoughts regarding how things ended up after Season 3, reflecting 25 years earlier after Season 2. I mean, history repeats itself and it would make sense re: Season 3 vs. the Frost Books. It would be very on-brand of Lynch, actually. But somehow I think we are reading too much into things (as usual) and the truth of the matter is there will be no more Twin Peaks, Season 3 was the last, and anything Lynch produces will be as close to one of his paintings as possible regarding its authorship.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Panapaok wrote:Yeah, I was about to post this. I did some research myself and I can confirm that this is true. Check this out:
This is particularly bizarre, as there is already an A2K Productions in existence since 2006 which doesn’t appear to have had any involvement with Lynch...

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0213284

https://www.a2kproductions.com/

Curioser and curioser. What the hell is going on!
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Crazy there was no post on this site for like 2 weeks and now all this. Exciting!

Even tho none of us no the truth to all this all this new news. The writting has been on the wall. I've posted about how I feel Frost and Lynch haven't seemed to be on the same page and so has a lot of others. Even if they haven't separated on Twin Peaks its been pretty easy to see that for season 3 Lynch wanted next to nothing to do with Frost. And Frost probably showed up one day on set and the new actors probably didnt even know who he was. Again I don't know the truth but he it defo seems like they are on different paths.

I'm pretty sure I really like the Lynch/Frost co-writting, but FWWM and other just Lynch Twin Peaks stuff is proof Lynch doesn't need Frost. It might even be better material.

I dont want it to sound like I'm anti Frost because I'm not but I'm not sure which I prefer. Together or just Lynch. I do want more Twin Peaks, so whatever helps make that happen.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

TwinsPeak wrote:And Frost probably showed up one day on set and the new actors probably didnt even know who he was. Again I don't know the truth but he it defo seems like they are on different paths.
In the behind the scenes footage, Mark can be clearly seen happily chatting with both old and new cast members throughout the Washington shoot. He was also there for some of the LA studio work, but the book was consuming most of his time during the California shoot. He was clearly perfectly welcome on set.