Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by FauxOwl »

The casting notice scoop seems amusingly credible to me as well. I agree it can be about anything. If the casting notice is specific that it is a film, hopefully it means it's a substantial project. I would be excited for more Twin Peaks, but I might be even more excited if it was a new original film or limited series. Although Mark Frost and Lynch are very interesting collaborators.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

FauxOwl wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Cappy wrote:I personally have no qualms with TP having a new season on Netflix -- I'd just hate for the entire season to get released at once. That model seems to work well with certain shows (OITNB, Stranger Things), but I really enjoyed having a week to sit with each individual episode of S3.
There are some shows on Netflix which gets released weekly though
Which shows and what country are you in? Netflix releases some shows like Better Call Saul to the international market weekly, but that's a distribution deal. Better Call Saul isn't a Netflix original production. They are pretty strict about releasing their scripted original content in a full season release. I think there are some reality/ talk show type shows that they will release weekly as well. Is there an example of a scripted show where they've done that?
It’s a Netflix show called explained though it’s like a documentary. I also think that Netflix can experiment with a weekly streaming with Twin Peaks if that is possible. Come to think of it, even Showtime streamed the first 4 parts of Season 3 on the same day. That’s almost 1/4th of the total season
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BGate wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:Has this been posted yet? Tenuous at best lol, and maybe not even Twin Peaks. But still

https://www.reddit.com/r/davidlynch/com ... cappedcom/

This seems legit to me on the surface. This site has no reason to make up Lynch rumors specifically, and assuming their source is legit (a fairly big assumption admittedly) a casting notice is pretty hard evidence. Hell of a lot more than "we know someone who told us something is coming next year", anyway.

that said, it doesn't necessarily mean a feature film. and I know he did it for MD, but I'd be somewhat surprised if Lynch at this point in his career did a casting call to find his lead actress.
We first heard about BTW through a casting notice that Lynch was looking for an actress to play a waitress. So this could be legit, but could also be a short or music video, or anything.
I remember the mini social media furor when the casting agency put out a call for busty blondes or whatever it was. I've had a bit of a suspicion that the name of the character referred to as "bosomy woman" was a joke about that.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BGate wrote:

This seems legit to me on the surface. This site has no reason to make up Lynch rumors specifically, and assuming their source is legit (a fairly big assumption admittedly) a casting notice is pretty hard evidence. Hell of a lot more than "we know someone who told us something is coming next year", anyway.

that said, it doesn't necessarily mean a feature film. and I know he did it for MD, but I'd be somewhat surprised if Lynch at this point in his career did a casting call to find his lead actress.
We first heard about BTW through a casting notice that Lynch was looking for an actress to play a waitress. So this could be legit, but could also be a short or music video, or anything.
I remember the mini social media furor when the casting agency put out a call for busty blondes or whatever it was. I've had a bit of a suspicion that the name of the character referred to as "bosomy woman" was a joke about that.
The thing about the bosomy woman that has always lingered on my mind is that the person who played the part was neither a woman nor bosomy. It was played by a flat chested man! Felt like it was Lynch's way to telling the audience that you shouldn't believe everything that you see. Atleast thats what I took from that scene
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Metamorphia wrote:Has this been posted yet? Tenuous at best lol, and maybe not even Twin Peaks. But still

Hmm... Kinda coincides with what Twin Peaks Worldwide posted on Instagram saying that Season 4 is in Pre-production. But still no credible proof. Without Lynch/Frost saying it explicitly , the only proof I'm gonna accept is when Kyle dyes his hair black
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Twin Peaks Worldwide is not credible or worth discussing.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

BGate wrote:

This seems legit to me on the surface.(1) This site has no reason to make up Lynch rumors specifically, and assuming their source is legit (a fairly big assumption admittedly) a casting notice is pretty hard evidence. Hell of a lot more than "we know someone who told us something is coming next year", anyway.

that said, it doesn't necessarily mean a feature film. and I know he did it for MD, but (2)I'd be somewhat surprised if Lynch at this point in his career did a casting call to find his lead actress.
1. Very true. A lot of times on the internet, leaked casting calls turn out to be the real deal.

2. Why? He could be deadset on getting someone to match the image he has in his head. That sounds like typical Lynch to me. Plus, would you be very surprised if Lynch did something subversive?

When putting out a casting call, the only way for him to cast for TP without setting off a bunch of rumors would be to call it a feature film. Also, remember he also considered TPTR a film. It doesn't seem unlikely that a new asset would only find out they'll be working on TP until after they've signed an NDA. Not that I strongly believe this to be TP related, I certainly won't disregard the possibility. Although a completely new lead would be a surprise, but certainly possible. Anything is possible in Odessaverse.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

N. Needleman wrote:Twin Peaks Worldwide is not credible or worth discussing.
That may be so, but their viral campaign to "Bring Back Twin Peaks" in the mid-10s -- when everybody else was still proclaiming the property's death -- was uncanilly visionary, I'd say.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Soolsma wrote:When putting out a casting call, the only way for him to cast for TP without setting off a bunch of rumors would be to call it a feature film. Also, remember he also considered TPTR a film. It doesn't seem unlikely that a new asset would only find out they'll be working on TP until after they've signed an NDA. Not that I strongly believe this to be TP related, I certainly won't disregard the possibility. Although a completely new lead would be a surprise, but certainly possible. Anything is possible in Odessaverse.
Right, and also I'm not familiar enough with the biz to know what "lead" really indicates in this context. If it's an ensemble there would be several leads, and it might not necessarily mean an "above the title" type role.

As much as I poke fun at the HHM thing, it is interesting that the timing does seem to be lining up. If this really is a major project and they are already casting than it can't be long before we would see something reported from a legit outlet.

Has Jerry said if he's just posting this based off the nudity blog or does he have another source?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No additional source.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

I feel like all this casting smoke is pretty good indication that there's a fire. Hopefully we'll get some word soon if this is Twin Peaks related or not.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Twin Peaks Worldwide is not credible or worth discussing.
That may be so, but their viral campaign to "Bring Back Twin Peaks" in the mid-10s -- when everybody else was still proclaiming the property's death -- was uncanilly visionary, I'd say.
I think it’s completely different people running it than were running it back then.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

No one is talking about this tweet from Janus Films?
https://twitter.com/janusfilms/status/1 ... 2346501122

They do stuff with Criterion Collection and their name is on the FWWM Criterion release. Perhaps this is what Hollywood Horror Museum was referring to if they're credible? Twin Peaks: The Return joining the Criterion Collection? They never implied it was a whole new season and this would track for me.

I can't imagine they're banking on fans triple-dipping without some amazing never-before-seen special features. Perhaps those elusive deleted and extended scenes from The Return? I know for a fact they shot more than what was used. Would be amazing to see!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Dimmy, why you do this to me?? :( :( :(
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.