Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by krishnanspace »

I'm feeling very disturbed right now. Kimmy's responses are very scary! If there is no Season 4, I may need to go see a doctor soon. lol
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

krishnanspace wrote:I'm feeling very disturbed right now. Kimmy's responses are very scary! If there is no Season 4, I may need to go see a doctor soon. lol
I suggest you to make an appointment ASAP. :)
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Agent Earle wrote:Wild goose chase, nothin' else. I guess Horse's post on Twitter was him hushing all bullshit-talkers.
He could have been a bit more literal about that. Instead he just fuelled the flames.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

sneakydave wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:Wild goose chase, nothin' else. I guess Horse's post on Twitter was him hushing all bullshit-talkers.
He could have been a bit more literal about that. Instead he just fuelled the flames.
Yeah, as did MacLachlan with his daily posts pertaining to coffee drinking, donut smelling and pie eating. And then Al Strobel chipped in as well. The actors are well-meaning, I'm sure, but at times like this, they come across as clumsy and careless about the fans. It's just a very unfortunate situation...
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Boy, someone must sure be having a hearty laugh right now. He/she/they fooled everyone right and proper.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I'm pretty sure that Kimmy (as well as the rest of the cast and crew) wouldn't know if something was still in early stages. Only Lynch, Frost, Sutherland and Nevins would know if the show is being written or if there are ongoing negotiations with Showtime. So, all the posts from her as well as from Watts, Strobel, Horse, Goaz etc shouldn't be taken seriously. They are probably as clueless as we are.

There's not any actual evidence that something is happening. Only the tweet from HHM which is very vague and potentially unreliable. The only thing that keeps me intrigued is that nobody from the main people offically shut down the rumors, they just ignored them. We'll see what the future will bring us.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Panapaok wrote:IOnly the tweet from HHM which is very vague and potentially unreliable.
They're starting to look more and more unreliable. Though Jennifer Lynch was on their board, they also tweeted a photo of a young "David Lynch" meeting Vincent Price, claiming it was Lynch and saying nothing they'd ever tweet again would be as awesome. Even when it was pointed out to them that it wasn't THE David Lynch, they left the tweet up. And then they posted a very click-bait feeling tweet about how hard it was to "keep secrets".

I'm not discounting them completely. Who knows - they definitely could be telling the truth. But I don't think they're coming off great in their last few tweets.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

Kimmy’s post is disheartening—but to be fair, if something is brewing, the actors (apart from maybe a handful) may not know anything about a new project. A potential season 4 or movie may include Kyle and Sheryl only. That would certainly take the show in a different direction and make it a little easier to film in secret. It could be that Season 3 was the end of Twin Peaks as we know it and the future of it is now for Carrie and Richard to explore with a whole new cast. Like The Arm, the show could just evolve into something almost unrecognizable.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

mojo1976 wrote:It could be that Season 3 was the end of Twin Peaks as we know it and the future of it is now for Carrie and Richard to explore with a whole new cast. Like The Arm, the show could just evolve into something almost unrecognizable.
Sounds awesome to me, but I doubt something like this would happen.
I'll see you in the trees
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think there’s been a large amount of confirmation bias on these boards vis a vis the various social media posts from actors. Pretty much all those posts were completely innocuous on their own. I am glad that Kimmy clarified things, but as others have said, this doesn’t really change anything (except for confirming that the actors’ posts are presumably not intended to be taken as “hints”). Kimmy may be either lying or simply in the dark at this stage. Remember that L/F were denying there would ever be new TP even while writing it the last time. We still only have the HHM tweet as a source, and it’s still just as likely/unlikely that they have solid intel. I’ve been pretty firmly at 50/50 on this being the real deal, and I remain there.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Let us all just remember - the upcoming DVD box set was named 'The Complete Television Collection'.

Images of this floated around before swiftly being taken down.

The box set is now named 'The Television Collection'.

Yes, I am clinging on to hope for dear life. :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

That’s because The Television Collection only contains the Tv series. The Z to A includes Fire Walk With Me
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Kimmy didn't know anything before season 3, why would she be in the loop before season 4? I don't see this as being much of a debunk
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Remember that L/F were denying there would ever be new TP even while writing it the last time.
No, not at all. Besides Mark Frost debunking the actually untrue rumours about TP being about the reporter and bad coop being in jail for killing TP residents, no. Actually, his statement:
Dear Internet: You are very good at spreading rumors. Truth is more valuable and much harder to come by.

Slightly implies that there was in fact another truth (TP being written).

The only thing I remember is Lynch saying:
"Well, Ray, you know, the town is still there. And I suppose it's possible that we could revisit it. Of course, you're already dead, but we could maybe work around that.

Which is actually very positive!

I've asked about this before but so far without response. Honestly, as far as I know, there has been no denial coming from L&F in the pre-TPTR announcement era (that would be 2010-2014?) The ''dead as a doornail'' remark was a decade earlier!

Re > Kimmy >

This is a major red flag for me. That HHM source must be some kind of super ninja for word to get out like that.
Last edited by Soolsma on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."