Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Probably a reach, but maybe Naomi will be drinking some lovely vino by the fire this weekend not just to relax, but to celebrate the announcement of Season 4? Coming this Friday, to a computer screen near you!

Then again, maybe not.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:Probably a reach, but maybe Naomi will be drinking some lovely vino by the fire this weekend not just to relax, but to celebrate the announcement of Season 4? Coming this Friday, to a computer screen near you!

Then again, maybe not.
Maybe a reach, maybe not, but since we heard nothing today, I guess I will get off the 'hype train' for the time being.

Which doesn't mean I won't be here to comment, just that I am not expecting any announcement in 2019.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

bob_wooler wrote:..and Kimmy
Is that a Twin Peaks sound FX pedal? OMG?! I want that!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Rewteeted by Mark Frost on Twitter, a few minutes ago.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (19.14 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The above tweet that he retweeted was in response to one speculating about Season 4:
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (154.45 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

hmmm- he quite often retweets TP stuff, but still.

hmmmm
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Mark Frost retweeting a fan's musings on a potential season 4 is noteworthy for me.

I get the sentiment of the tweet and all that, but if there was literally no chance of a season 4 then there really was no need to tweet that and keep the fans hanging.

I'm still confident things are bubbling, though I don't think we'll hear anything for a good bit yet.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch announced something on 10/10, double completion and all that, but if not by this weekend, then I say it will be next year. It's been fun keeping up with some of the rumours and it got me to finally rewatch The Return. I've just rewatched FWWM and The Missing Pieces. I usually start with the original series, but that's next on this rewatch.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Lynch announced something on 10/10, double completion and all that, but if not by this weekend, then I say it will be next year. It's been fun keeping up with some of the rumours and it got me to finally rewatch The Return. I've just rewatched FWWM and The Missing Pieces. I usually start with the original series, but that's next on this rewatch.
There's rarely a lengthy period of time where I'm not watching some part of Twin Peaks. It always pulls me back in.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Seems like Kimmy Robertson is shutting down the rumours.
Attachments
vq6ypaftwhr31.jpg
vq6ypaftwhr31.jpg (74.88 KiB) Viewed 6322 times
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

More:

:? :cry:
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (40.64 KiB) Viewed 6319 times
tweet.png
tweet.png (110.03 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

That is...... disheartening.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote:That is...... disheartening.
Yeah and after seeing HHM post a photo on Twitter of an "11 year old David Lynch meeting Vincent Price" but it's not even our David Lynch...... it seems they're super unreliable.

I mean, I suppose it's possible Kimmy is doing damage control here, can't break her NDA, or simply hasn't been informed that the show is coming back yet, but somehow HHM knows before she does. But I think all of that is unlikely, and then Kimmy would have to explain why she said it was lies. So, yeah, I don't know. But it seems HHM might be full of it. I know they doubled and tripled down on it, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say there's always a whisper of a chance that they're not wrong, but..... yeah, it doesn't look like it.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote:
sneakydave wrote:That is...... disheartening.
Yeah and after seeing HHM post a photo on Twitter of an "11 year old David Lynch meeting Vincent Price" but it's not even our David Lynch...... it seems they're super unreliable.

I mean, I suppose it's possible Kimmy is doing damage control here, can't break her NDA, or simply hasn't been informed that the show is coming back yet, but somehow HHM knows before she does. But I think all of that is unlikely, and then Kimmy would have to explain why she said it was lies. So, yeah, I don't know. But it seems HHM might be full of it. I know they doubled and tripled down on it, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say there's always a whisper of a chance that they're not wrong, but..... yeah, it doesn't look like it.
I have no problem believing that the actors may not know yet about any potential season 4. It could have been ANYONE who passed that info the the HHM - someone involved in the very early stages of pre-production.

Alternatively, they're talking absolute rubbish and we've been led astray for the last couple of weeks and got our hopes up for nothing. I guess we'll see.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Wild goose chase, nothin' else. I guess Horse's post on Twitter was him hushing all bullshit-talkers.