Twin Peaks: The Complete Mystery Special Features?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Twin Peaks: The Complete Mystery Special Features?

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Wow...so glad this site finally has boards of it's own. :)

Ok, so we know that there is likely gonna be a Twin Peaks: The Complete Mystery DVD set coming sometime down the line. It will likely have extras that the Season Twon set doesn't have. My question is, what kind of extras would you all want on this Ultimate Set? Here are some of the things I'd like to see:

Mark Frost Commentary on the Pilot
- yeah, I know Lynch won't do them, but I wonder if Mark Frost has the same aversion to audio commentaries? If not they should get him.

Pop Up Factoids ( probably on the Pilot )
- these things are often poorly used, but Twin Peaks has so much weird trivia surrounding it that the average fan may not know about. For example, I've rarely ever seen it mentioned, but both Frank Silva AKA Killer Bob and Mike Anderson AKA the Little Man were both born on Halloween. By pure coincidence, the shooting of Laura Palmer's murder in FWWM was delayed until Halloween night, 1991. These kinds of weird little facts are perfect for this kind of DVD feature.

Feature on the Influence of Twin Peaks
-back in '91, when TP was cancelled, Mark Frost went on record as saying that their show "didn't change television one iota" Well, 17 years on we know that's not the case. From The X-Files to Sopranos to Lost, Twin Peaks has been a huge influence on TV producers who came of age watching the show. A featurette on that would be great.

Feature on the fans and the Twin Peaks Fest
-apparently the DVD crews were at last year's Fest, so I imagine something is coming in regards to this, although I doesn't seem to be on the Season Two set. Maybe for The Complete Mystery?

obviously, odds and ends like the Georgia Coffee commercials as well as the SNL skit would be awesome. But I imagine there would be rights issues galore.

Any body else have any ideas?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Well, hopefully i'm wrong here but i'm getting the feeling this whole operation is half baked. So, for the complete box set we should concentrate on getting the basics out of the way:

- Complete 'Previously on Twin Peaks' segments

- Complete 'Next on Twin Peaks' segments (These got very interesting towards the end of the series, turning into still pictures only)

-Promo for season two. When ABC repeated season one in the summer of 1990 right before season two, they showed an amazing short preview that had a an out-of-focus shot of BOB walking towards the camera while the giant spoke. At the very end, we come into focus to see BOB laughing creepily at the camera

-Commentaries on every episode!

-Ad breaks (Lucy saying: 'I'm going to get the sheriff' and so on right before and sometimes in the middle of a group of ads)

-The cast on the Donahue show

-Deleted scenes and outtakes

-An all new two hour + documentary of the entire series with all new and archived interviews with as much of the cast as possible

There is whole bunch more of course but this would be a good start.
Juan Franela

Post by Juan Franela »

The complete "An Invitation to Love" episode (of which only snippets were used in the show) is top-notch good stuff and should definitely be included in any re-release of Season One.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I'd love to see the following:

Bloopers

Photo Gallery of Behind the Scenes Photos and Publicity Stills

Deleted Scenes (I remember Frank Silva saying in an interview that Josie was filmed in Episode 29 in the Black Lodge. Anything more from that Episode would be great to see.)

Isolated Music Score

Ben Horne Alternate Murder Scene with Maddy

Storyboards

Special Feature on where Twin Peaks would have gone if they had a Third Season/Another Movie. (Bob Engels mentioned some very interesting ideas in an issue of WIP)
scoopsie

Post by scoopsie »

I am so confused with what to do here. I want to get as complete a Twin Peaks set on DVD region 1 as possible. So, do I buy season 2 when it comes out in April, or do I wait until October for the complete set. It would help me make a decision if there was some way of finding out what the special features on the complete set are going to be. And also if the pilot on the complete set has the capability of both endings. I'd enjoy having both endings to the pilot. If anyone has any information of any of the bonus features that are available for the complete set I'd apreciate knowing them, so i can make a better informed decision of which to buy.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hi scoopsie! I have exactly the same problem. I want a complete set on DVD, but Amazon.com isn't selling "The Complete Set," yet, nor do we know exactly what's on it. I'm sure our fearless leader, dugpa, will find out for us!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
HAWKmoon74

Post by HAWKmoon74 »

Jerry Horne wrote: -Ad breaks (Lucy saying: 'I'm going to get the sheriff' and so on right before and sometimes in the middle of a group of ads)
I MISS THE LUCY PARTS!!!! Bring em back!

All of the items you suggested were great but I miss lucy the most.
hEY
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Welcome, HAWKmoon74! I really miss those Lucy parts, too! Anybody remember when you could call a 1-800 number and get your daily update from Lucy at the Sheriff's station?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

"I MISS THE LUCY PARTS!!!! Bring em back!"

Those were great eh? Well, it seems that on January 25th, Lynch said that Paramount is no closer to getting the rights to the pilot. This according to several posters at Amazon. I hope we see the complete box set sooner rather that much later. We've already had to wait this long!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I just went to Amazon to see what they said and they quoted dugpa.com!
Did you know that, dugpa? Wonder if they had your permission.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I like all the extras mentioned so far. Plus all the extras we have currently.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

"Bob Engels mentioned some very interesting ideas in an issue of WIP"

Anyone care to share what these were?
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

Good news! Some of the 'Lucy Parts', 'Previously On' and 'Next On' clips are on the Twin Peaks Archive DVD. The details on how to get it are in the Rare TP Clips! thread at: viewtopic.php?t=181
Pierre Tremond

Post by Pierre Tremond »

I definitely want the "Next Time on Twin Peaks" previews for the following week's episodes, worse than anything! Those things were awesome. I wonder if ABC created those directly, in which case they are probably lost forever. I would love to get them off that bit torrent thing, but I dont have a burner and I dont have the hard drive space for it. Those things need to be out there to look at. I'm dying here!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Posted on the front page of dugpa is a reference to Paramount obtaining the rights to FWWM in Germany, thus including it in their version of the Complete Set. I am totally confused. I can't read German. Wasn't the big concern for the US and UK to include the Pilot with the Complete Set?
Somebody, help me!