Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by MoondogJR »

OrsonWelles wrote:Still trying to figure out how to watch new season in Belgium. BE TV seems like a French speaking channel? Wouldn't want to have to see it for the first time dubbed in French..
It was annonced yesterday it will be available on Telenet Play More.

I doubt that it will be dubbed on BEtv. So that's probably also an option. However, I don't think BEtv is available everywhere in Belgium.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

The whole dubbing thing makes me wonder how much time in advance non-english broadcasters receive a copy of the show to write subtitles. Or does Showtime have translaters that write the subs in all of the languages? And if so, Showtime, please hire me :D
Just wondering.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

NOW TV in the UK have said the episodes (parts) will be added weekly beginning 22nd May so it looks like no opportunity to watch 3 and 4 straight after.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Yup, that's true. I highly doubt the dubs are being completely done in just that little time. Some recording studios probably have some SERIOUSLY secret stuff on their harddrives already. :)
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

How do those channels usually handle dubs? Italian Sky only offers subtitles for its simulcasts, then on the following week they show the old episode dubbed and the new one subbed...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Still nothing on South America. Damn.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

A user on Reddit named /u/Nicetrye_StephenFry_ contacted me to inform me that HBO Europe outlets will have hours 3 and 4 available for streaming after the first two hours air through HBO Go.

Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

MoondogJR wrote:
OrsonWelles wrote:Still trying to figure out how to watch new season in Belgium. BE TV seems like a French speaking channel? Wouldn't want to have to see it for the first time dubbed in French..
It was annonced yesterday it will be available on Telenet Play More.

I doubt that it will be dubbed on BEtv. So that's probably also an option. However, I don't think BEtv is available everywhere in Belgium.
Might get Telenet Play More, then.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

THANK YOU HBO!!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/t ... iar-utokas

roughly:

"Congratulations Swedish Twin Peaks fans! HBO Nordic has revealed that they will be releasing the four first hours when the series premiers on HBO Nordic on May 22"..
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Anyone know if Crave in Canada is gonna have all four episodes on the 21st? Don't have twitter so I can't tweet em.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Rudagger wrote:Anyone know if Crave in Canada is gonna have all four episodes on the 21st? Don't have twitter so I can't tweet em.
Why don't you Facebook them or create a FB or Twitter account to just contact them? Direct line to find out.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I know some places dont even have a confirmed broadcaster yet but I'm pretty annoyed that sky here in the UK have managed to fuck this up so badly given that other places have managed to secure the 3rd & 4th parts at the same time as the US. I can just see myself coming across a spoiler while searching for a stream or torrent.

I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope that they will put up those episodes on the 22nd and are just clueless about their own service (which doesn't seem implausible from my dealings with them). This tweet, for example, gives me faint hope:
https://twitter.com/bathwaterblues/stat ... 2921291777
TwoChalfonts

Post by TwoChalfonts »

Hi all, massive TP fan here who has patiently waited for the premiere of S3. I am vacationing in Costa Rica for the month of May sans laptop. So I have various streaming devices but limited wifi. Downloaded the SHO app with the intention of DL'ing eps when the connection is solid, when they become available). However I can't get the app to connect to Showtime ("looks like we can't reach Showtime at the moment" message).

Am I SOL?

Thx and apologies if there is an answer in the thread already, I have scant internet connectivity at the moment.
phenomenal1

Post by phenomenal1 »

Is Twin Peaks going to be live on Now TV in England?
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I noticed that Showtime just updated their Showtime Anytime app (iOS at least). It specifically says the update is to support Twin Peaks! I thought that was funny. Not sure what they needed to add just for TP.
Attachments
ShoAppTP-update.jpg
ShoAppTP-update.jpg (36.11 KiB) Viewed 9806 times