Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Michael J. Anderson | LMFAP
4%
Robert Bauer | Johnny Horne
7%
Lara Flynn Boyle | Donna Hayward
2%
Ian Buchanan | Dick Tremayne
2%
Joan Chen | Josie Packard
10%
Eric Da Re | Leo Johnson
1%
Mary Jo Deschanel | Eileen Hayward
1%
Lenny von Dohlen | Harold Smith
1%
Heather Graham | Annie Blackburn
27%
Piper Laurie | Catherine Martell
8%
Robyn Lively | Lana Budding Milford
1%
Brenda Mathers | Caroline Earle
No votes
Chris Mulkey | Hank Jennings
2%
Michael Ontkean | Harry Truman
25%
Brett Vadset | Joey Paulson
No votes
Jessica Wallenfels | Harriett Hayward
No votes
Kenneth Welsh | Windom Earle
5%
Kevin Young | Toad
2%
Billy Zane | John Justice Wheeler
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 165
Ghoul

Re: Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Post by Ghoul »

Come on, Needleman, why be such a hardass? On the other front, you seem to be very forgiving when it comes to whims and tantrums of certain miss Fenn.... What's so different with MJA? They clearly both have some personal issues and would, I guess, welcome a little support from the fandom. Why not embrace both of them and show them we appreciate their contributions and hope for the best for them in the future? Let's not be hypocritical just because one is a she and looks perky at that....
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Which actors from the Original Series will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Post by Mordeen »

Ghoul wrote:Come on, Needleman, why be such a hardass? On the other front, you seem to be very forgiving when it comes to whims and tantrums of certain miss Fenn.... What's so different with MJA? They clearly both have some personal issues and would, I guess, welcome a little support from the fandom. Why not embrace both of them and show them we appreciate their contributions and hope for the best for them in the future? Let's not be hypocritical just because one is a she and looks perky at that....
With respect, there is so much wrong with what you assert here, but specifically regarding MJA, the only way possible he'll appear in Season 3 is if he publicly disavows that Facebook page as a fake (IRL, not on social media) and is proven correct. Unfortunately, many folks who actually know him have confirmed that he's gone full-nutjob. I'm sure most everyone appreciates his former contributions, and I for one feel sorry for him and hope he gets help. If you look back through the posts in the other threads you'll find people like Needleman, myself and others speaking out on behalf of, and holding out hope for MJA, but things took a dark turn and we gave up. I think you should too.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Mordeen wrote:I've already spotted three names on that poll that have been confirmed as "in" from various reliable sources, including eyewitnesses.

My non-spoiler vote goes to Ontkean.

-Mordeen
Wait... Who? I know Bauer is one. But that's all I know of. A name on a trailer said "Toad", but (as far as I know) no one saw Kevin Young, and its been confirmed that the cook is also going by the name "Toad". There were rumors of Brett Vadset, but I think those turned out to be false, with Vadset denying any involvement.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I can't say without betraying trust, but you're right about Robert Bauer so at least it didn't come from me. I didn't make my statement as a tease, just to be sure, but rather to help assure people that there is a decent handful of actors across at least two of these "cameo" poll threads who are in, including at least one that is missing from this list that is also "in," so to speak.

Lots of surprises await.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Yep, without getting spoily.

And non spoiler knowledge... Ontkean.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Ghoul wrote:Come on, Needleman, why be such a hardass? On the other front, you seem to be very forgiving when it comes to whims and tantrums of certain miss Fenn.... What's so different with MJA? They clearly both have some personal issues and would, I guess, welcome a little support from the fandom. Why not embrace both of them and show them we appreciate their contributions and hope for the best for them in the future? Let's not be hypocritical just because one is a she and looks perky at that....
Whoo! What a hot take. Let's break this gem down piece by piece, shall we?

1) Michael J. Anderson is deeply unwell, has a checkered history with fandom, and has made antisemitic remarks while accusing David Lynch of raping his own daughter. Even if I was able to forgive the latter, as a Jew I cannot forgive the former.

2) As a gay man, Sherilyn Fenn's 'perky' whatever does absolutely nothing for me, and as a fan much of her recent behavior utterly exasperates me. Unlike MJA however, she has neither accused Lynch of incestuous rape nor turned into an antisemite. And that's not even getting to the stuff I believe Anderson may have said about the gays.

I do hope these pertinent details better illuminate my POV. Have a fantastic night.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

N. Needleman wrote:

1) Michael J. Anderson is deeply unwell, has a checkered history with fandom, and has made antisemitic remarks while accusing David Lynch of raping his own daughter. Even if I was able to forgive the latter, as a Jew I cannot forgive the former.

2) As a gay man, Sherilyn Fenn's 'perky' whatever does absolutely nothing for me, and as a fan much of her recent behavior utterly exasperates me. Unlike MJA however, she has neither accused Lynch of incestuous rape nor turned into an antisemite. And that's not even getting to the stuff I believe Anderson may have said about the gays.

I do hope these pertinent details better illuminate my POV. Have a fantastic night.
BA-ZING!
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Mordeen wrote:I can't say without betraying trust, but you're right about Robert Bauer so at least it didn't come from me. I didn't make my statement as a tease, just to be sure, but rather to help assure people that there is a decent handful of actors across at least two of these "cameo" poll threads who are in, including at least one that is missing from this list that is also "in," so to speak.

Lots of surprises await.

-Mordeen
Thanks for confirming but not spoiling. I have no information about any surprise guest appearances myself, but it seemed illogical that there would be none. I created these polls so we could each feel like we had some way of expressing who we hope or expect to appear in the new season.
Ghoul

Post by Ghoul »

N. Needleman wrote:

Okay. I obviously didn't know about your personal circumstances which are shaping your attitude towards MJA and Fenn. If you pronounced them on this forum in the past, I guess I've missed it. If that wasn't the case, you can be sure I wouldn't've used some of my argumentation when making my previous post addressed to you.
I still feel that people should be given some benefit of the doubt, though, at least if what they're expressing clearly stems from some deeply troubled struggles within them (you even say yourself the man is "deeply unwell"!). And when it comes to MJA, that goes double for me: just think how much our dreams and nightmares from the past 25 years would've been different if we never laid our eyes on the peculiar Little Man from Another Place....
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Ghoul wrote:Okay. I obviously didn't know about your personal circumstances which are shaping your attitude towards MJA and Fenn. If you pronounced them on this forum in the past, I guess I've missed it. If that wasn't the case, you can be sure I wouldn't've used some of my argumentation when making my previous post addressed to you.
You've been registered less than a month, so yeah, I guess you missed a lot, and not just about me. This topic has come up on this board many times, from many different people who find his behavior contemptible. Why exactly would you use your tacky insinuations towards anyone you don't know?

MJA is certainly a troubled man, and I think it's a terrible shame he is unwell and that he is not in the show. But I do not forgive or excuse him because I do not make allowances for behavior that goes beyond the pale, and neither do a lot of people. And for anyone else here who has a problem with bigotry or slander that is absolutely their prerogative.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ghoul

Post by Ghoul »

N. Needleman wrote:
Ghoul wrote:Okay. I obviously didn't know about your personal circumstances which are shaping your attitude towards MJA and Fenn. If you pronounced them on this forum in the past, I guess I've missed it. If that wasn't the case, you can be sure I wouldn't've used some of my argumentation when making my previous post addressed to you.
You've been registered less than a month, so yeah, I guess you missed a lot, and not just about me. This topic has come up on this board many times, from many different people who find his behavior contemptible. Why exactly would you use your tacky insinuations towards anyone you don't know?

MJA is certainly a troubled man, and I think it's a terrible shame he is unwell and that he is not in the show. But I do not forgive or excuse him because I do not make allowances for behavior that goes beyond the pale, and neither do a lot of people. And for anyone else here who has a problem with bigotry or slander that is absolutely their prerogative.
As is my prerogative to go light on someone if I feel he doesn't say or do what he says or does out of plain old meanness. Let me exemplify: I'm not sure I'm liking the somewhat passive-aggressive tone you're taking with me, but I feel you're somewhat entitled to it as I've unknowingly insulted you, so I'll not let this matter taint our future exchanges on this forum, should there be some.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Never mistake it for passive when you weren't passive yourself to begin with. You didn't unknowingly do anything, you actively tried to insult me because you thought it would be funny and apt. Instead all you did was embarrass yourself while marginalizing many people's legitimate grievances with someone's behavior. If you want to engage in actual discourse, next time maybe don't lead by claiming someone you've never spoken to only feels as he does because has it bad for Sherilyn Fenn's tits. Could be tricky.

MJA is sick but that doesn't preclude him from being an asshole who people aren't eager to forgive. End of story. Enjoy your stay.
Ghoul

Post by Ghoul »

Boy, does someone simply have to have a final word on the matter. Really mature, I must say.
But hey, look at it this way: by posting what I posted, I enabled you to engage in one of your (obviously) favourite activites - beating a dead horse over and over and over again. You should win some kind of award for that, you're so good at it.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I stand with needleman

drawing any kind of equivalence between an actor expressing professional dissatisfaction (however... unbecoming you may find their manner of expression) and MJA's unhinged bigotry & libel is complete bullshit and everybody - not just you, ghoul - needs to cut it out. You don't need to have a boner for anyone involved to see this, it's common sense.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Anyway! I'm back to avoiding the spoiler thread after hearing of things getting real again, but am intrigued by these apparent confirmed actors left off the cast least, as pace OP I'd have thought it entirely fathomable that there would be no surprise cameos.