Twin Peaks Poll - Demographic

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What is your demographic?

13-17
1%
18-24
15%
25-34
28%
35-44
45%
45-54
11%
55+
1%

Total votes: 200
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Take a poll

Post by Soolsma »

Mordeen wrote: My son walks around snapping his fingers to a silent beat in his head ever since seeing episode 2.
:lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
AgentCoop
Roadhouse Member

Post by AgentCoop »

OK,Bob wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Its good to meet the Original Generation People.You guys might be super hyped for the new season right?
Season 3 of Twin Peaks is 100%-literally a dream-come-true. -(age 43)
Same here. Never thought I'd see the day. -(also 43)
I'm an admin for The Genius Of David Lynch, Facebook's best DL group. Hit us up to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374245592894483/
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

krishnanspace wrote:Its good to meet the Original Generation People.You guys might be super hyped for the new season right?
Understatement of the year, my friend. I was 17 when the show premiered, and for me it's roughly equivalent to, say, when my dad saw the first appearances of Elvis Presley or The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Sometimes I can jolt myself out of a blue mood by just stopping and thinking about the fact that this show is happening. I may actually cry when the picture fades up and I hear that opening credits theme on episode 30.

[EDIT: Also 43!]
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Eater of Iguanas wrote: I may actually cry when the picture fades up and I hear that opening credits theme on episode 30.
You know you will. Like the rest of us.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:Has there ever been an Original Generation vs. Late Adopter poll? Would be curious to see that, too.
Good question. I am only about 2 years younger than Brad Dukes but didn't see the series until
18 years later! (Granted he seems to have had pretty permissive parents...)

It seems like the vast majority of people either caught it on the air in 1990-91 or didn't catch up with it until the Gold Box.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

34 here.
OK,Bob wrote:Season 3 of Twin Peaks is 100%-literally a dream-come-true. -(age 43)
And literally a dream come true because ever since this was announced I and I'm sure others too have seen dreams about watching season 3.

My latest dream had Cooper finding some weird looking boat and he made a god-awful joke and some motorboat motor noises with his mouth. These dreams often seem to have an amazing beginning but at some point it turns horribly stupid and cringy (some could argue it fits right in the way the original series progressed :D ).
Bookworm
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks Poll - Demographic

Post by Bookworm »

35-43. I was 16 back then. I got permission to stay up late the night of the series final in order to see it. After the end credits I just kept sitting where I was. Unable to move, dumbstruck. And then I started to cry. I think I provided quite a strong effort to not start sobbing uncontrollably. It was the most shocking, heartbreaking conclusion I ever seen. No other show finals moved me to this extent since.
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

Rami Airola wrote:34 here.
OK,Bob wrote:Season 3 of Twin Peaks is 100%-literally a dream-come-true. -(age 43)
And literally a dream come true because ever since this was announced I and I'm sure others too have seen dreams about watching season 3.

My latest dream had Cooper finding some weird looking boat and he made a god-awful joke and some motorboat motor noises with his mouth. These dreams often seem to have an amazing beginning but at some point it turns horribly stupid and cringy (some could argue it fits right in the way the original series progressed :D ).
i have had recurring dreams since the original airing that twin peaks was never cancelled. it does really feel like we are living inside a dream..
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Absolutely. Never thought I would see this day come.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

I can't stop myself from pointing out that a poll like this is highly unscientific and not necessarily terribly reliable - we're getting responses from a self-selected minority of total people registered on the board, so the sample size is very small and possibly unrepresentative.

It's fun to see the responses, though.

(Sorry, as an American, I find that the details of polling science are very much on my mind this year..)
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:I can't stop myself from pointing out that a poll like this is highly unscientific and not necessarily terribly reliable - we're getting responses from a self-selected minority of total people registered on the board, so the sample size is very small and possibly unrepresentative.

It's fun to see the responses, though.

(Sorry, as an American, I find that the details of polling science are very much on my mind this year..)
I just looked and there are 10 of us hardcore dugpas online right now and 25 (count 'em!) guests. Lurkers, register now and tell us your thoughts! :-)

Like, register to vote!
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

Oh yeah! we prefer the term OG..... Original Garmonbozians :-) I was thinking of changing my user name to OG Mudbone.

Season 3 will blow our minds and jaws will drop........ I feel it in the ether....
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I still don't believe it's happening. I know it intellectually but emotionally it has not sunk in in two years. When we do get a real trailer or teaser I'll be beside myself. It's been an integral part of my life and creative imagination for so long, but it was always in a certain place I never thought it would come back from.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I'm the same. I've done nothing but listen to podcasts about Twin Peaks and spend a silly amount of time on these boards since the announcement was made. Yet, I still can't imagine what it will be like when I actually see footage from it. Like others, watching the show when I was so young has resulted in me comparing everything that came after to it and it has entirely shaped my tastes in music/film/books etc.

It still feels overwhelming that it is coming back. They have so much to live up to.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

So there is someone in the 13-17 age group.Wonder who is that?Our Youngest Member