Twin Peaks Poll - Demographic

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What is your demographic?

13-17
1%
18-24
15%
25-34
28%
35-44
45%
45-54
11%
55+
1%

Total votes: 200
dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Poll - Demographic

Post by dugpa »

Curious where this forum lands on demographic.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Take a poll

Post by krishnanspace »

Only one more person in my age group :D
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

krishnanspace wrote:Only one more person in my age group :D
Make that two :)
"Your log and I are on the same page."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I was 25-34 til a month ago. Doesn't seem half fair.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

N. Needleman wrote:I was 25-34 til a month ago. Doesn't seem half fair.
Now you belong with the 44 year old's :D

Between 18 and 44 it seems pretty even so far. I guess that's what TP does, appeal to quite a diverse crowd, even so many years later.

Wondering if we have any teenager dugpa's
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

N. Needleman wrote:I was 25-34 til a month ago. Doesn't seem half fair.
I just turned 35 on Sunday myself. Got to admit, I hovered over clicking the 34 and under category!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

OK, I must be super-dim. I don't even see how to respond. I just see the results graph at the top of the page.

{EDIT: Never mind! You have to log in! Duh...}
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Has there ever been an Original Generation vs. Late Adopter poll? Would be curious to see that, too.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I represent a wife in the 45+ category, and two kids, one 11 and 13. They're not on here but they're definitely owning their own copies of the novel (signed) and watching the show as it happens. Hopefully that counts for something in the end.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

My Mom tried watching Twin Peaks and she didnt understand anything :D
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:Has there ever been an Original Generation vs. Late Adopter poll? Would be curious to see that, too.
^^^
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mordeen wrote:I represent a wife in the 45+ category, and two kids, one 11 and 13. They're not on here but they're definitely owning their own copies of the novel (signed) and watching the show as it happens. Hopefully that counts for something in the end.

-Mordeen
Wow, that's nice, to have fans so close to you! Haven't your kids ever complained that the show is old looking or slow paced? People my age do that (20-30s)

For me fans who are nearly as obsessed as I am (though I know nobody who checks a TP bb almost daily) are really scarce. I think I know just one other friend who watched everything six times and owns the books. Though I'm 25 myself, my social contacts go up to 40-ish. Still, the best I mostly get is: ''Oh yeah, Twin Peaks, I watched it back in the day, it was cool, but weird, VERY weird."
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote:
Mordeen wrote:I represent a wife in the 45+ category, and two kids, one 11 and 13. They're not on here but they're definitely owning their own copies of the novel (signed) and watching the show as it happens. Hopefully that counts for something in the end.

-Mordeen
Wow, that's nice, to have fans so close to you! Haven't your kids ever complained that the show is old looking or slow paced? People my age do that (20-30s)

For me fans who are nearly as obsessed as I am (though I know nobody who checks a TP bb almost daily) are really scarce. I think I know just one other friend who watched everything six times and owns the books. Though I'm 25 myself, my social contacts go up to 40-ish. Still, the best I mostly get is: ''Oh yeah, Twin Peaks, I watched it back in the day, it was cool, but weird, VERY weird."
My darlings dressed up as Laura and Coop for the Fest costume contest. My son walks around snapping his fingers to a silent beat in his head ever since seeing episode 2. They are a testament to the fact that Twin Peaks isn't dated at all. It avoided pop culture references while balancing both substance and style, and it mastered the art of the slow build-up to climax. IMO that's why it has endured. Hopefully the same will be said of S3. 20-30 somethings in general are jaded by our current ADHDTV environment. Boobs, blood or bad jokes every 3 minutes or tune out.

I'm in the same boat with my regular friends (not including the ton of Peaks friends I made at the Fest). I have two who have even watched the show, and they've watched it once each. I'm introducing my mother-in-law (76 years old) to it and she's mesmerized.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Its good to meet the Original Generation People.You guys might be super hyped for the new season right?
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

krishnanspace wrote:Its good to meet the Original Generation People.You guys might be super hyped for the new season right?
Season 3 of Twin Peaks is 100%-literally a dream-come-true. -(age 43)
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne