It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else. lantermansoils.squarespace.com

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Re: It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else. lantermansoils.squarespace.com

Post by Rudagger »

Just as I suspected in the Non-spoiler thread a while ago;

"Regarding the rumoured 'feature film' though; I'm not getting excited as it sounds like it might just be a feature length ad for Transcendental Meditation with a little bit of John Malkovich to entice viewers (as well as a recording of the benefit). The reddit poster interprets the feature film as separate from the recording of the benefit, but, in the actual body it reads like the director's cut is just a version of the benefit recording with additional stuff Lynch shot (the John Malkovich stuff)."

And, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got annoyed how heavily they leaned on Twin Peaks imagery, given the circumstance (the show coming back next year). Everyone was acting like I was crazy for thinking it was a bit manipulative and how I should just be excited for anything Lynch does. Pfft.

*Edit* Come to think of it, looking more at the details, it's actually less than I expected. Lynch didn't even direct it, and, also, in what world is 20 minutes feature length? It's generally considered 40+.
FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Re: It'll be just like in the movies. Pretending to be somebody else. lantermansoils.squarespace.com

Post by FrightNight »

Rudagger wrote:
And, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got annoyed how heavily they leaned on Twin Peaks imagery, given the circumstance (the show coming back next year). Everyone was acting like I was crazy for thinking it was a bit manipulative and how I should just be excited for anything Lynch does. Pfft.
I feel ya, man ...