TP Ugly Sweater Contest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TwinPeaksFanatic
RR Diner Member

TP Ugly Sweater Contest

Post by TwinPeaksFanatic »

Enjoy this fun post which counts down the ugliest sweaters worn in Twin Peaks!

http://twinpeaksfanatic.blogspot.com/20 ... liday.html

I hope everyone has a great holiday season!

:)
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: TP Ugly Sweater Contest

Post by LostInTheMovies »

No one will ever top JJW in this department. Not just the sweater (which I don't think is that bad), more because of how he wears it.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

You can give me Jack's sweater for Christmas! I'll be happy to wear it for the new year's party then :D

Love it!

By the way, I never realised there were so many sweaters in Twin Peaks, not to mention so many great ones :) Must be one of the subconscious reasons why I loved the series in the first place!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

I would like to have that sweater which Leo is wearing, that design is pure Twin Peaks and I love it. Also I like that blue colour on Maddy's sweater, some hipster girl could easily wear that one nowadays too. I can't deny though that JJW's sweater looks terrible (and also how he wears it). :D

Btw I also agree how many sweaters there are on the show, but that's another reason to love TP. I just wonder if we'll see more sweaters with various designs on season 3, I really hope so.. :)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

This is funny, but some of them aren't that bad. What surprised me was that you didn't have James' car-fixing sweater. "Hey, I'm gonna go work on this old car and get all greasy, I think I'll put in this poofy sweater!"

You mentioned Leo's looking like the Owl Cave Ring (I'd say it looks like the Red Room floor), but I never noticed that Donna wears a sweater with an Odal-like design, an Odal being an ancient rune which, in its "winged" serif version looks remarkably like the Owl Cave symbol. I don't imagine it being anything other than a coincidence, but it's still neat.

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jasper wrote:This is funny, but some of them aren't that bad. What surprised me was that you didn't have James' car-fixing sweater. "Hey, I'm gonna go work on this old car and get all greasy, I think I'll put in this poofy sweater!"

You mentioned Leo's looking like the Owl Cave Ring (I'd say it looks like the Red Room floor), but I never noticed that Donna wears a sweater with an Odal-like design, an Odal being an ancient rune which, in its "winged" serif version looks remarkably like the Owl Cave symbol. I don't imagine it being anything other than a coincidence, but it's still neat.

Speaking of coincidences, someone had a really funny post on another Twin Peaks forum I frequent, which I'll reproduce here for general bemusement:

mikemarino posted on Idle Thumbs:

You only think the Giant's last clue pays off in the same episode, but it doesn't actually pay off until the third-to-last episode!

Twin Peaks plays the long game!