NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by ForKeeps »

Panapaok wrote:It's pretty insane that we're less than 100 days away from new Twin Peaks!
And we know next to nothing about what it will be. Bonkers.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

secretlettermkr wrote:
Dead Dog wrote: I expect it to be very nostalgic and a true companion piece to the original. I know some are expecting something more akin to Lost Highway or Inland Empire, which I just can't see. We'll find out soon.
NOSTALGIC? God NO, that will be the death of the thing. I dont expect INLAND EMPIRE or Lost Highway, but i expect, and i cant see it any other way, MOVING FORWARD(maybe backwards in time too ;) )
its not only the new season of an old beloved show, its also the new work from a true Cinema Auteur, and it needs to add up to his filmography, and, 25 years have passed, in the real world, in the TwinPeaks world, and in the Creators Life... so....
Nostalgic in it's aesthetic, in a lot of the design choices, which is common in Lynch's filmography. Nostalgic also in the score, maybe hints and echoes of the themes from the original. And I think there will be some looking back for the characters as well. I don't mean in a pandering on the nose way like Stranger Things (which actually kind of worked for them).
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

i though you meant nostalgic like the awfull X-Files new season
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

secretlettermkr wrote:i though you meant nostalgic like the awfull X-Files new season
I haven't seen that but I think I know what you mean, I've heard bad things. Nostalgic may have been a poor word choice.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Dead Dog wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:i though you meant nostalgic like the awfull X-Files new season
I haven't seen that but I think I know what you mean, I've heard bad things. Nostalgic may have been a poor word choice.
I thought the new season of X-Files was great. Especially the episodes that were episodic and self-contained. Those are always the best kind of X-Files episodes. Where they investigate a monster of some type and everything is wrapped up by the end of the episode, with maybe a little twist to it.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Dead Dog wrote:
I thought the new season of X-Files was great. Especially the episodes that were episodic and self-contained. Those are always the best kind of X-Files episodes. Where they investigate a monster of some type and everything is wrapped up by the end of the episode, with maybe a little twist to it.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

So who plans on watching the first four hours all in a row on 5/21 ? I am hunkering down shutting everything off and just going in. I also have Monday the 22nd off and plan on making some breakfast and diving right back in at the beginning . Ideally I'll get through all four hours twice on Monday for a total of three binge sessions :-P cannot wait !
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I would not be able to sleep knowing there are unwatched episodes. I will watch them all straight through.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jerry Horne wrote:I would not be able to sleep knowing there are unwatched episodes. I will watch them all straight through.
I am conflicted myself. Will 4 hours be too much to absorb? Should the new series be savored like a fine wine, to be sipped slowly, not to be gulped?

The downside is, if I do show self restraint, I won't be able to even lurk this board, or even go anywhere on the Internet for a full week.

Of course, if the first two hours ends on a cliffhanger, I don't think anyone here will be able to resist moving directly to Part/Episode/Chapter 3.

What if, at the end of hour 2, it's a knock at Dale's door (wherever he may be), and he opens the door and gasps...it's Laura Palmer! (or her exact lookalike). If that were the case, don't think I'd be able to resist moving on to the next hour of intensifying mystery.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I'll try to spread them out a bit, at least hold out on the 3rd and 4th hours for a few days, if not the entire week - I think it'll be more enjoyable that way. The downside is not being able to discuss it with anyone or visit the forums until I've caught up, but I want to savor it.
I'll see you in the trees
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I still wish they weren't dropping 4 episodes on day one. After years of waiting- and without trailers or even pictures(!), it seems kinda crazy to overload 4 hours in a single night.

Of course I'll watch them all that night. I just wish they were spreading them out. It will be over before we know it, and I want to savor it.

It sounds kind of dumb complaining about "too much"! However it happens, I'm beyond excited.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Ross wrote:I still wish they weren't dropping 4 episodes on day one.
I agree, but maybe there's a good reason for it.
I'll see you in the trees
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

Jerry Horne wrote:I would not be able to sleep knowing there are unwatched episodes. I will watch them all straight through.
Pretty much.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Rainwater wrote:
Ross wrote:I still wish they weren't dropping 4 episodes on day one.
I agree, but maybe there's a good reason for it.
My uneducated guess is that there is a big cliffhanger at the end of the second hour, plus they want to give a small hat tip to the 'bingers'.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Agreed! Plus, then I will have about two weeks to watch them all a bunch of times and analyze every facet of them for clues. :lol: