NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by N. Needleman »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm pretty much shaking my head and laughing that after basically no footage thus far, we will get four hours on the 21st.
I've moaned about this before. It's going to be like diabetic shock after 25+ fucking years. I don't know if I can take that.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

N. Needleman wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I'm pretty much shaking my head and laughing that after basically no footage thus far, we will get four hours on the 21st.
I've moaned about this before. It's going to be like diabetic shock after 25+ fucking years. I don't know if I can take that.
Judging by my heart rate during just the teasers, I'm giving myself about a 50% chance of making it through the 21st.

Decaf might help.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

I'd like to stretch that Twin Peaks experience as long as possible. My initial wish was two seasons split into 9 parts. One season this year and one season next year. So four hours on one day will also be very hard for me. But I'm glad they didn't decide to show everything at all.

Special thanks to Mark Frost and David Lynch. I'm just grateful for this new season. If it it will be even close to the quality of Lynch's directed episodes and FWWM I will be a lucky bunny.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Jerry Horne wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
Judging by my heart rate during just the teasers, I'm giving myself about a 50% chance of making it through the 21st.

Decaf might help.
I already told my staff on Friday 5/19, there's a good chance that the words coming out of my mouth will be gibberish. Saturday I'll be fine; calm, cool, collective. Sunday, I'll think it's all a dream and by 8:59 I'll loose my shit.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I will be taking that Monday off!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Even I will be taking the Monday off. I just hope my placements don't start at that time. I am just thinking about the amount of discussion there will be after the episode airs.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

With the exception of talking about a certain scene I witnessed locally, I will probably avoid this board at all costs for at least the first month. I want to digest it and process it for myself before allowing you all to influence me. :lol:
We live inside a dream.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Yep, four hours, whole family staying home Monday to decompress and watch it again. Obsessed weeks to follow.

-Mordeen
Last edited by Mordeen on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtsi wrote:With the exception of talking about a certain scene I witnessed locally, I will probably avoid this board at all costs for at least the first month. I want to digest it and process it for myself before allowing you all to influence me. :lol:
Cheeky. Bastard.

Said with respect.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Mordeen wrote:
mtsi wrote:With the exception of talking about a certain scene I witnessed locally, I will probably avoid this board at all costs for at least the first month. I want to digest it and process it for myself before allowing you all to influence me. :lol:
Cheeky. Bastard.

Said with respect.

-Mordeen
Spot. On.
We live inside a dream.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Looks like the file box behind the Laura photo has a big X on the side of it. I guess that makes it an X-File!
Attachments
Laura-X-File.jpg
Laura-X-File.jpg (120.58 KiB) Viewed 7606 times
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Hahah that's exactly what my brain did the first time I looked at it. Classic pareidolia.

But at least we know what those red lines are behind her pic from the teaser. Hawk's case files. I wish Hawk was the sheriff and Harry was the Mayor.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Esselgee wrote:Looks like the file box behind the Laura photo has a big X on the side of it. I guess that makes it an X-File!
The Laura-portrait itself is taped to what seems be the back side of another portrait, with the frame removed. If that's the case, wonder who's on the front.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

bob_wooler wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Looks like the file box behind the Laura photo has a big X on the side of it. I guess that makes it an X-File!
The Laura-portrait itself is taped to what seems be the back side of another portrait, with the frame removed. If that's the case, wonder who's on the front.
Might also just be the back of a random picture or a simple placeholder piece of cardboard, but who knows...

Interesting to finally see this Laura pic in a new context for S3.

Are we sure it's Hawks desk? Maybe Gordon's?
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

dronerstone wrote:
Might also just be the back of a random picture or a simple placeholder piece of cardboard, but who knows...

Interesting to finally see this Laura pic in a new context for S3.

Are we sure it's Hawks desk? Maybe Gordon's?
The pic is on a desk inside the Sheriff's Department as seen from a TV in a room in the Great Northern :? So the most obvious reading by far, I think, is that it's a desk belonging to someone inside the Sheriff's Department. Not necessarily Hawk, as the connection to him is the box from the set stills and we don't know what he's doing with those boxes in the set stills (eg he could be handing them over to someone else).

But since the full montage has at least one surreal location jump (the TV that brings us from the GN to the station), I think it's possible (although not terribly likely) that the desk is not in fact inside the station at all. In that case, it could be FBI...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.