NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Jerry Horne »

laughingpinecone wrote:I'm intrigued by "next to no money"...
Nobody ever got rich on Twin Peaks except Lynch/Frost and to a lesser extent MacLachlan/Ontkean. Trust me, I have the pay sheets.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Well- we know of one person who was offended by the money offered... :wink:
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I seem to recall someone saying that the money went into making the show, not to the cast or the on-set amenities.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Jerry Horne wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:I'm intrigued by "next to no money"...
Nobody ever got rich on Twin Peaks except Lynch/Frost and to a lesser extent MacLachlan/Ontkean. Trust me, I have the pay sheets.
To me, it echoed an old comment by Ferrer about the old show along the lines of "it was great to work on there even though none of us were getting rich, or if they did I didn't know about it". I guess some things just stay the same!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Could be that Mr Chase's role is not very big, maybe that's why the paycheck wasn't that great.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Panapaok wrote:An interview with Bailey Chase
And, speaking of reboots, you also snagged a role in one of the most beloved series of all time; “Twin Peaks.” I’m sure you can’t say much as you are sworn to secrecy, but, is there anything you can tell fans at all about how it was working on such an incredible project?

I can say that working with David Lynch was an utter dream. The job came out of nowhere. Like you said- it is very top secret, I didn’t know what I was going to be doing- there were no scripts. I was just called and they said; “David wants you. Here are the dates. There’s next to no money. Do you want to do it?” And I just couldn’t get yes out of my mouth fast enough. He’s an old school dream. They don’t make them like him anymore. It was a true blessing, and I wish I had more to do with him. I believe the show will start airing in May, and I believe there are eighteen episodes- but he just shot it like a movie. I don’t even know the whole story, David just had it in his head. The only direction he gave us, which I probably will never hear again in my life is; “I want you to talk. Listen. And Take your time.” That was all he told us. Just a very gentle man, and an utter dream to work with.

And, of course, he’s not the only dream to work with. Your cast is filled with talent and beloved people here; Original favorites like Sheryl Lee, Mädchen Amick, Kyle MacLachlan, Lara Flynn Boyle, Ray Wise, Sherilyn Fenn and many more are back, while the cast is also littered with great new people like Laura Dern. Want to talk about your amazing company?

The great thing about working on a project like Twin Peaks was that there was absolutely no egos. Whether you were working with a person, sharing a make-up trailer, or crossing paths and having lunch with them, everyone is just on the same level and it all started with David and it was pervasive throughout the entire cast. It was really just a reunion for those guys, so it was truly very neat to see them reconnect after all these years with spouses and kids. It was completely wonderful to see.
Love Bailey Chase. Thought he was great on Longmire.

For some reason I picture him playing a cowboy or rancher.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Could be that Mr Chase's role is not very big, maybe that's why the paycheck wasn't that great.
This deadline article seems to think Chase has a recurring role.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/bailey-chas ... 201625339/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

mfleite wrote:
This deadline article seems to think Chase has a recurring role.

http://deadline.com/2015/11/bailey-chas ... 201625339/
Interesting.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

laughingpinecone wrote:I'm intrigued by "next to no money"

You pretty much have to be insane (ahem, not to name names) to turn down a Lynch role over money.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

That or MJA :)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

ForKeeps wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:I'm intrigued by "next to no money"

You pretty much have to be insane (ahem, not to name names) to turn down a Lynch role over money.
It's a personal choice. I don't think we should begrudge anyone their right to test their value in the marketplace. It's disappointing certain actors won't be there for financial reasons, but if they feel they were undervalued, then more power to them.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Sounds like the 'photoshoot' was yesterday according to SF's twitter.
Last edited by chromereflectsimage on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Sounds like the 'photoshoot' was yesterday.
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 0011957248
Sheesh, her tweets seem to primarily consist of god and Prince.
The cow jumped over the moon.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

According to dugpa, Fenn's (and probably other peep's) tweets don't belong in this thread but rather in Hap's diner. As much as I hate being a self appointed thread cop, I agree because I don't think it's worthwhile discussing them here.

Re: Money
A lot of actors got a career boost in the right direction though :) Pretty sure that's another good reason to sign up.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Yeah, no one has ever been paid much of anything for the old Twin Peaks - and if you knew the flat sum they received for all future home video releases once upon a time, you'd be astonished. Not sure about the details of Kyle and Mike though.