NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

euclid
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by euclid »

Pöllö wrote:I wonder if the new episodes will end with Laura's picture frame, like the old series did. Even if she is not the central part anymore, it's where the whole story began.
I just hope they don't end with that weird shot of Laura reflected in coffee!
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

euclid wrote:
Pöllö wrote:I wonder if the new episodes will end with Laura's picture frame, like the old series did. Even if she is not the central part anymore, it's where the whole story began.
Lol, I remember that now. I hope so too!
The cow jumped over the moon.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

I think the end credits will be something new... I think the intro will be too. I think it's possible the theme will be the same with new footage of the place. This is Twin Peaks 25 years later after all, so it would only be right to show how it looks 25 years later to set the mood. Considering how different TP may be, that might facilitate the need for a new song, but I have a feeling that might be going too far. The coffee cup ending was so weird, would be hilarious if it was that for all 16 eps.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

If the passage of time, entropy, and decomposition are themes, then maybe the new intro will reflect it. Buildings and monuments we know from the original series would now be older and more withered, etc.
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

euclid wrote:
Haha, actually, Laura-coffee-cup aside, I used to love the episodes that ended with some sort of unique end credits sequence, like the MFAP dancing and the Great Northern hotel groundbreaking. Maybe they'll do more of that in the new episodes.

I definitely hope they keep an instrumental version of 'Falling' for the opening credits. I'd be ok with a new version but I can't imagine Twin Peaks beginning with any other music.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

Dead Dog wrote:If the passage of time, entropy, and decomposition are themes, then maybe the new intro will reflect it. Buildings and monuments we know from the original series would now be older and more withered, etc.
This is what I've thought of. A similar intro, but one that shows all the decayed and decomposed sights, and buildings that have replaced the older ones etc.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

dkenny78 wrote:
euclid wrote:
Haha, actually, Laura-coffee-cup aside, I used to love the episodes that ended with some sort of unique end credits sequence, like the MFAP dancing and the Great Northern hotel groundbreaking. Maybe they'll do more of that in the new episodes.

I definitely hope they keep an instrumental version of 'Falling' for the opening credits. I'd be ok with a new version but I can't imagine Twin Peaks beginning with any other music.
I feel like they don't have the nerve to get rid of that, maybe they will alter it somehow, but that should be it.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Pöllö wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:If the passage of time, entropy, and decomposition are themes, then maybe the new intro will reflect it. Buildings and monuments we know from the original series would now be older and more withered, etc.
This is what I've thought of. A similar intro, but one that shows all the decayed and decomposed sights, and buildings that have replaced the older ones etc.
While I have no problem with the idea, I can't see Lynch doing that - especially since what we've seen on location filming would indicate that many of those beloved locations from the show are well intact.

I think we may be taking the offhand quotes about the show involving aging to be a little too overt in their presentation.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

N. Needleman wrote:
Pöllö wrote:
While I have no problem with the idea, I can't see Lynch doing that - especially since what we've seen on location filming would indicate that many of those beloved locations from the show are well intact.

I think we may be taking the offhand quotes about the show involving aging to be a little too overt in their presentation.
It's probably just done to an extent, like showing the saw mill in it's current state etc.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

About the Laura Palmer Theme; remember there was also a Love Theme, which was identical to LP's Theme, it only had a different orchestration, so the many times we think we hear LP's Theme it's actually the Love Theme. I know, it's just different titles, so it feels the same but I believe AB and/or Lynch chose those titles for a reason.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Pöllö wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
Pöllö wrote: This is what I've thought of. A similar intro, but one that shows all the decayed and decomposed sights, and buildings that have replaced the older ones etc.

It's probably just done to an extent, like showing the saw mill in it's current state etc.
Yes, I'm speaking specifically about the mill and the Great Northern. But unlikely we'll see that, I think we are all in for quite a surprise.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I think there's likely to be an entirely new intro. I also think it's likely that they're working on it now.
I'll see you in the trees
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

I feel we'll get a new version of Falling with new footage that mirrors the old opening, except it will showcase how Twin Peaks has changed in the last 25 years. Then again there might be something completely new but idk.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

My vote goes to /completely/ new. New theme, new visuals, establishing its unique identity which is separate from old show & movie.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

They are using the old intro in their new teasers, it's set to a slower pace, but still. I don't think it will be left out. The intro IS Twin Peaks, one the reasons why so many fell in love with the show in the first place. Maybe they will make another rendition of it, but it wouldn't make any sense to get completely rid of it.