NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DirkG
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by DirkG »

mtwentz wrote:
Kilmoore wrote:
mtwentz wrote: I cannot imagine what is going through Lynch's head to say the entire second season sucked. It just sounds to me he's parroting Kimmy Robertson.
It just sounds like he's completely done with these interviews and just says the shortest thing he can think of.
That's probably true- I just hope the negativity did not bleed into the production at any point and this will all be forgotten by Sunday.
Yes, but I wonder how much postproduction is even left for the later episodes. Not very much at this point, I assume. Also ,we don't know if an affection like this even would affect the production in a negative direction instead of a more positive. It certainly didn't for episode 29 which I sometimes feel might or might not have been created with a mindset not too far off.
Last edited by DirkG on Fri May 19, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

DirkG wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Kilmoore wrote: It just sounds like he's completely done with these interviews and just says the shortest thing he can think of.
That's probably true- I just hope the negativity did not bleed into the production at any point and this will all be forgotten by Sunday.
Yes, but I wonder how much postproduction is even left for the later episodes. Not very much at this point, I assume. Also ,we don't know if an affection like this even would affect the production in a negative direction instead of a more positive. It certainly didn't for episode 29 which I sometimes feel might or might not have been created with a mindset not too far off.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Didn't Kimmy Robertson catch some flack for saying the second season sucked a few years ago?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Lynch: You can go talk to Lara Flynn Boyle. This is a story that takes place without her.
Ouch.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Didn't Kimmy Robertson catch some flack for saying the second season sucked a few years ago?
I went to the fest in 1999. And all Kimmy did was complain that season 2 and FWWM sucked.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Rainwater wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Interview with Art Director Cara Brower:

https://www.format.com/magazine/feature ... ara-brower
Lynch put the cast and crew on a five year ban.
Huh?
NDA.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Ross wrote:Annie was an important factor in that cliffhanger.
I don't fully agree: sure, the show ends on an iconic line wth her name in it. But I don't think too many people came out of the finale actually caring how Annie was. I'd certainly rather see her again -- and I suspect we will -- but it also wouldn't be all that awkward to have some dialogue saying she died, or moved away, or disappeared mysteriously. She was important to Coop's late season 2 arc, but 25 years have passed, and the truly important question is what Coop's been up to, not how Annie is.

On the other hand, it's worth noting that the "How's Annie?" line wasn't in the script (Harry simply volunteers the info that Annie is recovering at the hospital, and Coop remains silent in the bathroom). So, for those who disagree with me and feel that line gives her some greater importance to the narrative, DKL is likely responsible for that (as well as weaving her deeper into the mythology in FWWM).
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Jerry Horne wrote:Didn't Kimmy Robertson catch some flack for saying the second season sucked a few years ago?
I think she was categorically referring to every non-Lynch episode even, wasn't she? That's in a sense maybe even harsher but on a more positive note way less cliché.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Has there been any official stills or footage of Amanda Seyfried?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

DirkG wrote:
I think she was categorically referring to every non-Lynch episode even, wasn't she? That's in a sense maybe even harsher but on a more positive note way less cliché.
I was just reading the portion of Brad's book where she says the Little Nicky storyline was a breath of fresh air.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Ross wrote:Annie was an important factor in that cliffhanger.
I don't fully agree: sure, the show ends on an iconic line wth her name in it. But I don't think too many people came out of the finale actually caring how Annie was. I'd certainly rather see her again -- and I suspect we will -- but it also wouldn't be all that awkward to have some dialogue saying she died, or moved away, or disappeared mysteriously. She was important to Coop's late season 2 arc, but 25 years have passed, and the truly important question is what Coop's been up to, not how Annie is.

On the other hand, it's worth noting that the "How's Annie?" line wasn't in the script (Harry simply volunteers the info that Annie is recovering at the hospital, and Coop remains silent in the bathroom). So, for those who disagree with me and feel that line gives her some greater importance to the narrative, DKL is likely responsible for that (as well as weaving her deeper into the mythology in FWWM).
I have no idea what Lynch thinks of Graham or the character of Annie today, but he was quite fond of her at the time. He personally cast the part- they had worked together on the Calvin Klein commercial. And he wove her into the tapestry of FWWM.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Has there been any official stills or footage of Amanda Seyfried?
No.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ross wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:

I have no idea what Lynch thinks of Graham or the character of Annie today, but he was quite fond of her at the time. He personally cast the part- they had worked together on the Calvin Klein commercial. And he wove her into the tapestry of FWWM.
I agree 100% and I'd sure love to see Graham as a more mature artist working with DKL again. As I said, I think she's a very likely candidate for a surprise appearance. My point was just that I don't think it would be super weird from a narrative standpoint to drop her. I like the character and the actress a lot, and I think DKL does too, but I don't think she's integral to the narrative 25 years down the line.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Annie was an important factor in that cliffhanger.
but it also wouldn't be all that awkward to have some dialogue saying she died, or moved away, or disappeared mysteriously.
I agree, not saying the character needs to be important, but I think she needs to be acknowledged somehow instead of completely ignored.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Fri May 19, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

pinetrees.jpg
pinetrees.jpg (302.3 KiB) Viewed 7914 times
Last edited by chromereflectsimage on Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.