NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by vicksvapor77 »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Not going to lie.. While I'm incredibly thrilled with these trailers I'm kind of bummed we haven't seen Bobby pop up. I really thought he'd be a bigger role this season and was pretty sure I read that he was from some one on here. Unless they're keeping his role under wraps for some reason...
I'm pretty sure he does have a big role this season. I think he'll be revealed in the final trailer as one of the six former characters shown (just as these last two have done) intermixed with some new cast members.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I also suspect Bobby next time. And a few letter J's.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

secretlettermkr wrote:
polishq wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:At risk of fanning the flames of over analyzation, I brightened this up quite a bit. I have no idea who it is.
My vote is MIKE.
i was thinking the same thing!
Agreed. I think Strobel.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Woodsman7 wrote:Yes
Indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Hot damn. Finally made it home and watched the trailer about 25 times, with all the lights off. Chills. The person walking with Coop (kudos to those who brightened the shot) could definitely be either an oddly shortened / hunched (injured?) Gordon Cole, or Strobel with a prosthetic/CGI arm. I favor the latter -- both because the posture seems wrong for Lynch, and because the thought of Mike accompanying Coop into the bowels of the Lodge all these years after his storyline was unceremoniously abandoned in season 2 is just so damn exciting. The ultra-darkness of that shot definitely reminds me of IE and Lynch's stated intention at that time to echo the murkiness of '20s and '30s film, where viewers could imagine in the blackness.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

One-Armed Man I do believe.

Anybody remember that rumor that Lynch was going to insert characters from his other films into this series?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Thanks for posting. That was an awful interview by Jimmy Fallon. We don't know too much about him over here but our Graham Norton (chat show host) would put him to shame! He will always focus on the current project the person is promoting, there will be clips and in depth chat about the current project, with lots of humour too. Hoping Kyle will do a promo here in the UK and we'll see him on there but I doubt it.

Thanks Jerry for posting the Madchen response video. Wonderful.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Fallon is a notoriously bad interviewer.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Is it Lynch directing the trailers? Seems so.

Yes, they are now bad ass enough to be called trailers :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

frompureair wrote:I just love that she has a small Mexican chihuahua god that made me smile so much, such a small detail. Cannot wait for this experience
tumblr_n0fet6APwP1s75z9eo1_500.gif
tumblr_n0fet6APwP1s75z9eo1_500.gif (891.95 KiB) Viewed 7815 times
Attachments
chihuahua.jpg
chihuahua.jpg (195.76 KiB) Viewed 7815 times
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

What an adorable little pupper. May he be forever memorialized along with Balthazar and the sloth from Aguirre in the canon of cute art-movie animals. :)
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:Anybody remember that rumor that Lynch was going to insert characters from his other films into this series?
The only way I could see this happening is something like the Winkie's Bum popping up. DKL's "spirits" from the Lady in the Radiator on feel like they all come from the same place, so I don't think that would be particularly jarring if done tastefully, and could even be pretty excitIng. But I tend to doubt it, and it's probably best if the TP mythology is kept independent. It's a rich enough world on its own. I think the possibility of mortal characters from DKL's other works showing up is very slim.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Al Strobel with a prosthetic/CGI arm walking with Cooper into the depths of the Black Lodge would be incredibly exciting. Makes you contemplate what Lynch had in store for MJA.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Panapaok wrote:Al Strobel with a prosthetic/CGI arm walking with Cooper into the depths of the Black Lodge would be incredibly exciting. Makes you contemplate what Lynch had in store for MJA.
After a night's sleep it makes complete sense it would be the one armed man in the Lodge and yes it does look like him. Maybe he's walking with Cooper out of the depths of the Black Lodge.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...