NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

mtwentz wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Snailhead wrote:Honestly, a show featuring a lot of old people looking sad & depressed really excites me (in Lynch's hands).

Don't know what that says about me!!
In a way, I know what you mean. We don't get a lot of shows with a big portion of characters over 50 years old, and we have so many talented actors in that age range who can't find jobs because audiences would rather see a younger cast on screen. Hopefully if TP S3 does well things can start to change.
Speaking of HDS is 90, right? He must have lived a really healthy lifestyle to still be acting at that age.
Heh, I dunno about that. I remember photos of him lighting a cigarette on the red carpet for The Avengers a few years ago, and he had an unidentified brown liquor in his glass at the TP wrap party.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

mine wrote: Actually the audiences have been quite receptive to actors/characters around and over 50 in the last few years.
A few important actors/characters around/over 50 is one thing, but a show with actors/characters prominently on that age range is another, and I think we could do better on the latter.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

IcedOver wrote:Don't know if this has been posted, but MacLachlan will be on the "Tonight Show" on Thursday
Nice.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

guys why are we still talking about that crappy teaser when we now have this to discuss?? Lots of exciting surprises. some of those people I was just expecting cameos from so series regular status is awesome!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

dud wrote:guys why are we still talking about that crappy teaser when we now have this to discuss?? Lots of exciting surprises. some of those people I was just expecting cameos from so series regular status is awesome!
I don't think that site has any insider info. It's not affiliated with Showtime. It looks about as reliable as IMDB.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No Andy Lucy or Hawk on that list? Hmmm.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
dud wrote:guys why are we still talking about that crappy teaser when we now have this to discuss?? Lots of exciting surprises. some of those people I was just expecting cameos from so series regular status is awesome!
I don't think that site has any insider info. It's not affiliated with Showtime. It looks about as reliable as IMDB.
Agreed. They just threw a bunch of names from the cast list randomly.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

It doesn't feel all that random to me...
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
I think it's best to be skeptical of anything that doesn't come directly from Showtime.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I'd be surprised if David Lynch was a series regular. He was kinda busy with some other things besides Gordon Cole.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

'preciate the order of the first three in that list, I really do, but no Horse, no Amick, no Robertson, no Goaz, no Shiels, no Bell, all of whom are featured in teasers or or were straight up on stage at the TCA. Horse especially got to be the first voice of the new show twice over, bite me if he's not a regular.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

Agent Earle wrote:It doesn't feel all that random to me...
totally agree. a lot of the actors who arbogast described as having substantial roles are on there. only exclusion I find weird is hawk. Out of the 200+ names, those 25 don't look like a random combo. If it is fake, someone who is pretty knowledgeable about twin peaks and season 3 made it and they did a pretty good job
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

laughingpinecone wrote:'preciate the order of the first three in that list, I really do, but no Horse, no Amick, no Robertson, no Goaz, no Shiels, no Bell, all of whom are featured in teasers or or were straight up on stage at the TCA. Horse especially got to be the first voice of the new show twice over, bite me if he's not a regular.
true true.

maybe all those names listed are series regulars but it isn't the full list of series regulars? that'd be a treat
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Plus we all know Sherilyn Fenn is not a regular and I remember Bailey Chase said his role is not substancial. That list is rubbish.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Plus we all know Sherilyn Fenn is not a regular and I remember Bailey Chase said his role is not substancial. That list is rubbish.
This is just a wild guess, but I think for the very first episode at least Fenn and Frost and a few others who we suspect have smaller roles will still get top billing in the opening credits (if there are any).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly