NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by dkenny78 »

helloboys wrote:I don't want to do a full series rewatch before it airs, so what episodes are best to revisit beforehand to broadly reacquaint myself with that? I'm not super well-versed on which episode is which, though I've seen the full series and FWWM a few times now so don't really mind about catching up on the minutiae.
I think the new show will do a good job of bringing people up to speed on the essentials but, if you're looking to crash-course beforehand, I'd recommend the Pilot, Episodes 1-3, 8,9, 13-16, 27-29 and Fire Walk With Me.

The first season is a masterpiece but, watching it again recently, there's actually very little that has a direct impact on the Lodge mythology. The Giant's appearance in Episode 8 kind of resets the show's trajectory into the realm of the supernatural.
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

Audrey Horne wrote:Okay - the phone call promo... I love it!
Yeah, that was actually fantastically cut/edited.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Eh, whatever-ish.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I've got a call in to both Davids (Lynch & Nevins) and Sabrina letting them know that the fans are demanding more. I'll let you all know how that works out on or around May 22nd.

-Mordeen
Last edited by Mordeen on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

LOL!
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

The phone styles may have changed, but the content of the calls remain the same.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jerry Horne wrote:Okay stargazers, looks like the premiere will be at the Ace Theatre in L.A. on the 19th.
Well, I guess this renders the "Oh my God, would they dare screen at Cannes before it premieres?" frenzy moot. :/ I sure hope they don't do this with other episodes but yeah it makes sense they want to give critics a sneak peek.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

helloboys wrote:From everything I've read so far about the new series, I'm assuming the 'mythology' of things like Cooper, BOB, the Lodge etc is the key stuff to understand.

I don't want to do a full series rewatch before it airs, so what episodes are best to revisit beforehand to broadly reacquaint myself with that? I'm not super well-versed on which episode is which, though I've seen the full series and FWWM a few times now so don't really mind about catching up on the minutiae.

(If this has been discussed in a diff thread, please point me to it!)
Let me emphasize this is NOT a substitute for watching the series but if you want to explore the origins and implications of the mythology I created several videos on the subject: The Twin Peaks Mythology, The Lost Detective & The Spirit World
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

I love those.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Quick question:

Anyone here seen Q2's "Northwest Passage" fan edit?
What's your opinion of that?

Found it on my computer but never cared much as I've seen TP the "normal" way multiple times already. :)

Would this come in handy for my gf to catch up until 5/21?
She's only seen the pilot so far (and liked it).

I'd love to have her dive into S3 by my side...
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Add those journalistic marvels at WIRED to the list of numbskulls who insist on calling The Return the Reboot.

Ugh.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Mordeen wrote:Add those journalistic marvels at WIRED to the list of numbskulls who insist on calling The Return the Reboot.

Ugh.

-Mordeen
Damn. This whole 'reboot' thing is getting really annoying.
-23-
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mordeen wrote:Add those journalistic marvels at WIRED to the list of numbskulls who insist on calling The Return the Reboot.

Ugh.

-Mordeen
My impression is that 'reboot' is just a catch-all term critics/journos use to describe a show that has come back after a long period of hiatus, cancellation.

I am not sure what other word they could use at this point that would be any better (at least for a wider audience).

Heck, we're not sure whether we should call it a 'series' or a 'movie' :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

mtwentz wrote:

Ugh.

-Mordeen
My impression is that 'reboot' is just a catch-all term critics/journos use to describe a show that has come back after a long period of hiatus, cancellation.

I am not sure what other word they could use at this point that would be any better (at least for a wider audience).

Heck, we're not sure whether we should call it a 'series' or a 'movie' :-).
Sequel, Continuation, Revival, or "Return" are probably all more fitting than Reboot. But its all semantics. Doesn't really matter.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/