NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by secretlettermkr »

Harry S. Truman wrote:I don`t know because people still wait some teaser o tráiler, when there won`t be anything!!
and you KNOW this or just think that is the case based on...?...
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

secretlettermkr wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:I don`t know because people still wait some teaser o tráiler, when there won`t be anything!!
No formal trailers = confirmed

There might be another teaser or two but anything else is wishful thinking. It's probably not gonna happen just as they say.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:

There might be another teaser or two but anything else is wishful thinking. It's probably not gonna happen just as they say.
Who could firmed it? Frost?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

mtwentz wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:

All I remember is Nevins saying there would be short teasers in May. No mention of a trailer. I believe he said that during that conference in January. But I could be wrong...maybe it was just someone on this board who said it, comparing it to teasers from the last season of American Horror Story. Now I've confused myself.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

There's a fine line between teaser and trailer.
up4dabah

Post by up4dabah »

Ya I think 3 and 4 mean two coopers but not quite the same

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Snailhead wrote:There's a fine line between teaser and trailer.
I always interpreted the kind of teasers we might be getting in May as more along the lines of what we've already gotten...brief teases with next to no info. Just a blitz of them to further tantalize viewers. So, in that regard, a far cry from a typical trailer. :)

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the teasers for the most recent American Horror Story showed any actual footage at all, and the subject of the season was never revealed until it aired.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

mtwentz wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:

Nevins did back when the release date was announced, which was February I think. If there's any further previews they're going to be in the vein of the Cooper one.

Personally, I find if there's little to nothing else until the airdate that's what they meant by "unprecedented airing method" cuz there's very little room for spoiling anything. Everybody knows what it is, it's going to be aired and you either submit yourself to it or don't. As much as I'd like to see more footage I've grown totally fine with the prospect of none at all and in a way...prefer it. All this doom & gloom "it's a mistake" is BS to me. Kick mainstream advertisement orthodoxies to the curb.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

*yawn*
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:

Nevins did back when the release date was announced, which was February I think. If there's any further previews they're going to be in the vein of the Cooper one.

Personally, I find if there's little to nothing else until the airdate that's what they meant by "unprecedented airing method" cuz there's very little room for spoiling anything. Everybody knows what it is, it's going to be aired and you either submit yourself to it or don't. As much as I'd like to see more footage I've grown totally fine with the prospect of none at all and in a way...prefer it. All this doom & gloom "it's a mistake" is BS to me. Kick mainstream advertisement orthodoxies to the curb.
Perfectly stated. I agree 100%. The wait has been tough and far longer than any show I've ever encountered, but it will be so worth it to not know a single thing before it airs. Especially in this Internet age. We'll be thanking Showtime for providing us with a rare element of surprise.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I'm very optimistic about the whole thing. I see it this way:

- All the fans know it's coming and will tune in on the first night. The numbers might not be huge, but they'll be enough.

- After the first "episodes" air, they'll be able to milk those 4 hours of footage in creating a lot of promo. We also live in an era where if you miss the initial screening, you can catch up quite easily in a number of ways.

So my prediction is that it's not gonna be an enormous viewer turnout on the premiere, but that by the second or third week it's gonna be huge. (Assuming it's as good as I assume it will be !!)
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Snailhead wrote:I'm very optimistic about the whole thing. I see it this way:

- All the fans know it's coming and will tune in on the first night. The numbers might not be huge, but they'll be enough.

- After the first "episodes" air, they'll be able to milk those 4 hours of footage in creating a lot of promo. We also live in an era where if you miss the initial screening, you can catch up quite easily in a number of ways.

So my prediction is that it's not gonna be an enormous viewer turnout on the premiere, but that by the second or third week it's gonna be huge. (Assuming it's as good as I assume it will be !!)
This is the other thing, I've been feeling it's gonna work out like this. It's similar to Stranger Things but over a longer period of time and not released all at once.

Speaking of Stranger Things, it goes with saying Netflix dropped that whole thing in one day for everybody to see and it advertised itself. LOOK HOW THAT WENT! (beautifully)
Oneeyedwaldo

Post by Oneeyedwaldo »

Hi first time poster but long time fan. I don't know if I'm imagining it but did showtime release a new trailer with Cooper and a reflection of fire on his face and then a shot of him stood in front of a load of burning wood.
As I'm writing this I've just seen it and I think it's a fan made trailer.
The showtime logo got me! I should know better!
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Oneeyedwaldo wrote:Hi first time poster but long time fan. I don't know if I'm imagining it but did showtime release a new trailer with Cooper and a reflection of fire on his face and then a shot of him stood in front of a load of burning wood.
As I'm writing this I've just seen it and I think it's a fan made trailer.
The showtime logo got me! I should know better!
Any official trailer would be found on the official youtube page here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJFCmr ... Mwzg3vGrsQ. And welcome!
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

mtwentz wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:

As a matter of fact, Frost said the direct opposite a while back (maybe on Twitter? I'm not sure), namely that the promo stuff is coming... So was he bullshitting us, do you think?