NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:He's recording new interludes between parts and they will be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLel0MOEdZc
Nahhhh. It's gonna be 9 hours of this, upping the episode count to 27. Spoiler: Barbie is the new Bob.
Y'all can call me a fanboy all you want but I'd go nuts for antics like these interspersed in the new series. :mrgreen:
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yeah that Barbie video is probably my favourite thing he's done post INLAND EMPIRE.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Snailhead wrote:Yeah that Barbie video is probably my favourite thing he's done post INLAND EMPIRE.
Same here, the comedic timing is great.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I wouldn't be completely shocked if Lynch is indeed still shooting stuff. It's possible that when the series start in May 21st, he could be still tinkering with the last 3-4 hours that are supposed to air in August/September. The most reasonable guess is pickup shots but who really knows with Lynch.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I'll try and not get all too giddy about him shooting stuff for use POST season 3.
Good things are to be enjoyed ONE AFTER ANOTHER. I see no reason to already think about season 4 when we still don't know jackshit (pardon my french!) about the third one. :)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

In my deepest fantasy he's secretly shooting with Kyle and Heather Graham in both the white and black lodge now. :roll:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

laughingpinecone wrote:2. Oh no, please tell me it's not 18 parts numbered 0 to 17. This can't be the pilot all over again...
This.. lol
I thought I had the numbering figured out but now I'm confused all over again
I'll see you in the trees
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

The wikipedia list of Twin Peaks episodes page has always been a great help with these confusing numbers :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Rainwater wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:2. Oh no, please tell me it's not 18 parts numbered 0 to 17. This can't be the pilot all over again...
This.. lol
I thought I had the numbering figured out but now I'm confused all over again
Maybe it just isn't Twin Peaks without the confusion about episode numbers, just like it isn't without self-contradiction in the lore?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

They really need to clarify what's going on. Is it 18 hours or 18 parts? Is the 2-hour premiere parts 1 & 2 together or only part 1? It's so confusing, lol.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Panapaok wrote:They really need to clarify what's going on. Is it 18 hours or 18 parts? Is the 2-hour premiere parts 1 & 2 together or only part 1? It's so confusing, lol.
If Lynch is still working on it, maybe Showtime isn't even 100% sure of the length yet?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Are we taking this rumour more seriously than Nevins' announcements that the show consists of 18 episodes/parts? I could believe pick-ups and stray additions (<s>...Ontkean please and thank you :oops: </s>) even though it's... really late, after one year from the end of filming and months and months after the reported end of editing. But surely it's nothing major enough to disrupt the way the material's already been divided?
Panapaok wrote:They really need to clarify what's going on. Is it 18 hours or 18 parts? Is the 2-hour premiere parts 1 & 2 together or only part 1? It's so confusing, lol.
They already did!
Nevins also said that immediately following the two-hour opener, Episodes 3 and 4 will be available On Demand and via Showtime’s streaming platform.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Speaking of near-baseless speculation (I can hear the sighing already), I listened to the first episode of the now peaking podcast and they mentioned "a rumoured $200 million" budget. This has to be BS right? I haven't seen that figure cited anywhere else.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Speaking of near-baseless speculation (I can hear the sighing already), I listened to the first episode of the now peaking podcast and they mentioned "a rumoured $200 million" budget. This has to be BS right? I haven't seen that figure cited anywhere else.
Yeah right.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I know, right? Seems like a bizarre thing to throw in, I wonder where they got that idea from. That first episode was free, with the rest accessible at a premium rate; I'm somehow not tempted to shell out if this is an indication of things.