NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Metamorphia »

If the Laura picture is indeed new footage (and something actually set to be featured in the series) then it's interesting how closely the colour grading evokes the classic Twin Peaks palette. For those worried about the Gordon Cole promo being very clean and bright.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Fashion Suicide wrote: I know it wouldn't make sense with laura's photo in it,
You're expecting things to make sense in the White Lodge? :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I think that Showtime may have released the two new teasers on February 17th in a specific order. Why release the teasers backwards?

The first teaser was of the last shot of the series (Dale/Bob), and the second teaser was of the opening of the series (Laura's body). Also, the second teaser first shows Laura's dead body, and then shows her Homecoming picture. Death, then life.

Also, since Laura's Homecoming picture is actually new footage (which only the hardcore fans would realize), we are truly seeing her in a new way. Since we know Sheryl Lee is returning to the show, possibly as a living Laura, it seems to me like this could all be some sort of clue.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

I've seen it mentioned before but I'll mention it again: what if Bad Laura was the one who died and good Laura got trapped in the Lodge along with Cooper? Her face morph in Fire Walk with Me is a bit of evidence to this. Cooper/the guardian angel saved Laura's soul and she was freed but couldn't just go back to town having been "dead" for so long, so she went on to lead another life elsewhere. Cooper gets out 25 years later and he meets Laura (who is compelled to accompany him) and they are called back to Twin Peaks cuz IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.

Laura Palmer, the girl who "died and came back to life."
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

LOL I don't think there are clues in these teasers, and certainly not decipherable ones

The showtime account (likely run by someone who hasn't even seen s3) told that one person to "look closer" because that person was saying that there was no new footage in the teasers, when there clearly is. People have inferred from this that the two new sequences relate to each other, and that it's possible to guess the plot of s3 from them? I don't see it.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:I've seen it mentioned before but I'll mention it again: what if Bad Laura was the one who died and good Laura got trapped in the Lodge along with Cooper? Her face morph in Fire Walk with Me is a bit of evidence to this. Cooper/the guardian angel saved Laura's soul and she was freed but couldn't just go back to town having been "dead" for so long, so she went on to lead another life elsewhere. Cooper gets out 25 years later and he meets Laura (who is compelled to accompany him) and they are called back to Twin Peaks cuz IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.

Laura Palmer, the girl who "died and came back to life."
I've thought something similar since October of 2015, but I think Laura fell into the lodge long ago and her doppelganger escaped, living a life of debauchery. I think the good Laura was trapped along with the good Dale. I think they escape together.

But, I'm positive I'm wrong. :lol:
We live inside a dream.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I just realized what a gift it is that Lynch/Showtime are releasing hours 3 and 4 right after 1 and 2 air: this will allow me to take a whole week's summer vacation anywhere I want (including a cruise) without having to miss the initial airing of any of the episodes.

There will basically be two weeks in between airings, plenty of time for a week plus a few days vacation. Furthermore, this is the time (at least where I live) between when school gets out and when the summer camps/summer school starts. Also, the prices are a little lower during this time of season.

2017 will be the year that 'David Lynch and Showtime Decided When I Take Vacation'.

Edit: My daughter's school year ends May 25. Basically, perfect timing for me. Anyone else planning vacation this way?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Personal readings:
- last time it was Friday 13th, now it's Friday 17th. Gotta carefully cultivate those bad omens...
- body and mirror. I am very invested in Laura and Dale as twin protagonists, so here's hoping these twin teasers are a hint in that direction.
- unlike many authors of TP think pieces, they did not forget how the old show ended.
- Laura's picture is the biggest new piece of info obviously, but I don't think we can infer what it means yet...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

laughingpinecone wrote: - body and mirror. I am very invested in Laura and Dale as twin protagonists, so here's hoping these twin teasers are a hint in that direction.
This please
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

Soolsma wrote:
Your question answers itself! Good point ;) I really hope we get to see it though. I'm sure we will (I realize it's moronic being sure of anything about this new season). I CAN'T FUDGING WAIT!

Wait.. Maybe we already saw it at the end of FWWM. I'm "not sure".
Last edited by Fashion Suicide on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote: - body and mirror. I am very invested in Laura and Dale as twin protagonists, so here's hoping these twin teasers are a hint in that direction.
This please
Amen
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

Fashion Suicide wrote:
Soolsma wrote:
Your question answers itself! Good point ;) I really hope we get to see it though. I'm sure we will (I realize it's moronic being sure of anything about this new season). I CAN'T FUDGING WAIT!

I always assumed the shot of Major Briggs sitting on the throne surrounded by plant life is some sort of residual image of the White Lodge still fresh in his mind :o
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

kitty666cats wrote:
Fashion Suicide wrote:
Soolsma wrote:

I always assumed the shot of Major Briggs sitting on the throne surrounded by plant life is some sort of residual image of the White Lodge still fresh in his mind :o
That's definitely a possibility. A very likely one. But i do think that the lodges are subjective to each persons psyche, and manifests themselves as whatever things may mean whatever in whoever's subconsciousness or something like that. As you suggest. So maybe we'll see a lot of different White & Black lodges. Maybe i'm reaching. I always find it interesting that the Venus de Milo statue, the babe without the arms, is in the lodge as seen though Coopers eyes since Gordon Cole speaks of it to Coop when talking about Shelly's beauty, kind of as it represents in Coopers mind the possibility of love conquering, if one can learn how to focus on it and avoid "possession" by ones own darkness. Maybe the ending-scene in FWWM is more in the vein of Laura confronting the Black Lodge with perfect courage; by watching a show about her death and it's impact on the people in Twin Peaks on a television screen, crying tears of laughter. Maybe all Coop had to do was to make out with that damn statue, look at Bob and say; "TAKE ANOTHER LOOK SONNY, IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!" And maybe it's time i hit the sack.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Could it possibly be the Palmer's house? I have this mental image of Sarah taping that photo back as a temporary fix after Leland broke the original frame, and 25 years later she still hasn't gotten around to getting a new one.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Would not surprise me.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.