NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mistertom »

Had a dream lastnight the new series debuted ... and it was terrible I couldn't even finish the first episode ! What is that all about ?! I woke up and was so upset I could barely sleep the rest of the night lol!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote:She was great in an otherwise pretty forgettable ghost flick The Innkeepers. Practically all that's worth mentioning in that one's her performance.
I had the same initial reaction to the Innkeepers...but then I watched it again and again and again and I think it's wonderful. A real nice, witty slow burn that seems too innocent at first, but once I latched on to its specific tone and subtleties (there's some very subtle stuff, the last shot being a prime example) I actually found it to be more consistently scary than Ti West's previous film, The House of the Devil. Not better, but scarier. And yes, Paxton is great in Innkeepers, and also an off the wall comedy thriller called Cheap Thrills. I can't wait to see her in Twin Peaks.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Mistertom wrote:Had a dream lastnight the new series debuted ... and it was terrible I couldn't even finish the first episode ! What is that all about ?! I woke up and was so upset I could barely sleep the rest of the night lol!
Many on this forum have reported the've experienced the same, myself included. I guess that the fear of disapointment is a huge issue amongst Peak geeks.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

I think there may be all kinds of disappointed fans. And it will have more to do with years and years of daydreaming and personal expectations than it will the quality of season three. But I also think many of the disappointed fans will come around once they get their bearings and accept whatever it is we're going to get. Personally, and I feel like I'm in the minority here, I expect it to be very nostalgic and a true companion piece to the original. I know some are expecting something more akin to Lost Highway or Inland Empire, which I just can't see. We'll find out soon.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

i dreamed twice of the new season. The first one was back in the day when they first announced it. It was one of those dreams that you get almost no recolection, the only thing i remember is that it felt amazing, the atmosphere, the feeling, very twin peaks vibe, wherever that means
The second one was a few weeks ago. It was odd, the episode was long, not one single old character, not even coop. I think the action was at LA streets, during daytime. A crime story, noiresque. But it wasnt lynchean or twinpeaks like. so.... we have to wait and see,.. 99 days
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Dead Dog wrote: I expect it to be very nostalgic and a true companion piece to the original. I know some are expecting something more akin to Lost Highway or Inland Empire, which I just can't see. We'll find out soon.
NOSTALGIC? God NO, that will be the death of the thing. I dont expect INLAND EMPIRE or Lost Highway, but i expect, and i cant see it any other way, MOVING FORWARD(maybe backwards in time too ;) )
its not only the new season of an old beloved show, its also the new work from a true Cinema Auteur, and it needs to add up to his filmography, and, 25 years have passed, in the real world, in the TwinPeaks world, and in the Creators Life... so....
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

DirkG wrote: But yeah Badalamenti is not unfamiliar with blues either plus his score can also be monotonous when a situation asks for it, like for example the Rabbits theme..
David Lynch Rabbits Theme
Composed By, Performer – David Lynch
Recorded By, Mixed By – David Lynch, John Neff
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Hello everyone, new to the forum. While lurking I came across a couple of posts mentioning that there's already been hype around Kyle MacLachlan's performance. Where exactly did that come from? If it's too spoiler-y could someone PM me?

ETA: Oh and I wanted to add, I've loved reading the discussions in this thread and the forum in general. It's made me appreciate appreciate TP on a whole other level.
Last edited by nonemoreblack on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Agent Earle wrote:She was great in an otherwise pretty forgettable ghost flick The Innkeepers. Practically all that's worth mentioning in that one's her performance.
Haven't seen The Innkeepers yet but she was pretty good in the remake of The Last House on The Left. I'm usually not a fan of remakes but this one is actually better than the original.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

LateReg wrote:
I had the same initial reaction to the Innkeepers...but then I watched it again and again and again and I think it's wonderful. A real nice, witty slow burn that seems too innocent at first, but once I latched on to its specific tone and subtleties (there's some very subtle stuff, the last shot being a prime example) I actually found it to be more consistently scary than Ti West's previous film, The House of the Devil. Not better, but scarier. And yes, Paxton is great in Innkeepers, and also an off the wall comedy thriller called Cheap Thrills. I can't wait to see her in Twin Peaks.
Excited to see her too. Big fan of Ti West and especially The Innkeepers. A great wee ghost story.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

secretlettermkr wrote:
DirkG wrote: But yeah Badalamenti is not unfamiliar with blues either plus his score can also be monotonous when a situation asks for it, like for example the Rabbits theme..
David Lynch Rabbits Theme
Composed By, Performer – David Lynch
Recorded By, Mixed By – David Lynch, John Neff
Alright. I always assumed it was Angelo. Imdb lists Angelo and I even had a false memory of seeing his credits in the opening credits. But I saw the post here from John Neff so that settles it.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Haven't seen The Innkeepers yet but she was pretty good in the remake of The Last House on The Left. I'm usually not a fan of remakes but this one is actually better than the original.
Oh, was she in that one as well? Darn, I saw it quite a few years ago and remember liking it A LOT (never saw the original, got nothing against remakes in general, especially horror ones; love new version of Texas Chainsaw, Dawn of the Dead, Hills Have Eyes, House of Wax, Evil Dead, per example), but don't recall Paxton's contribution. I guess it's time I check it out again!
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I wonder what the chances are of a new teaser trailer on February 24th?
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

It's pretty insane that we're less than 100 days away from new Twin Peaks!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Good call. Good performance and good remake.