NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by marchug »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:A 35 year old dating a 23 year old is considered inappropriate?
That's 12 years difference. Exactly the same difference between my wife and I. So no, not inappropriate at all.
:D
-23-
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Soolsma wrote:Hmmm, the Pink Room scene has always been my least favorite part of FWWM. Though I like the song and don't mind the scene being there. It's just overly long and the scene as a whole just doesn't appeal to me.

Dunno, I kinda like listening to Lynch's music, like The Big Dream for example, but scoring parts of the new series? I remain to be convinced.. Very curious to see what he'll pull off and what 'more confident with his instruments' means.
I expect the Pink Room scene may be mild compared to what we see in S3 :-). I'd be very surprised if Lynch doesn't push the envelope.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

I hope when he's done it's not recognizable as an envelope.
Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Post by Adolphus »

ForKeeps wrote:I hope when he's done it's not recognizable as an envelope.
it will appear as a swan- origami style. I love the pink room scene- never knew it had that name- it's really the red room scene- too bad that was already taken. Maybe ' the red and blue room '? It''s more accurate anyway.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

The Pink Room scene is a fantastic part of a fantastic movie. It hammers home even further the horrible situation Laura's in. It's the underbelly of Twin Peaks laid bare and I'd have it no other way.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

the owls are not what they seem :lol:

ImageImage
Last edited by Twink Peaks on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Almost down to two digits... Ha!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Twink Peaks wrote:the owls are not what they seem :lol:

ImageImage
Maybe this is how she caught Lynch's attention?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Who is that?!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Aerozhul wrote:Who is that?!
Sara Paxton. She's on the cast list.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

mtwentz wrote:
Twink Peaks wrote:the owls are not what they seem :lol:

ImageImage
Maybe this is how she caught Lynch's attention?
What is the other picture that doesn't load? I don't get the point of this post at all.
We live inside a dream.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I googled it and apparently Sara Paxton was wearing a temporary owl tattoo a few years back. Nothing to do with the show, just a curious coincidence I guess.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

She was great in an otherwise pretty forgettable ghost flick The Innkeepers. Practically all that's worth mentioning in that one's her performance.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Soolsma wrote: Dunno, I kinda like listening to Lynch's music, like The Big Dream for example, but scoring parts of the new series? I remain to be convinced.. Very curious to see what he'll pull off and what 'more confident with his instruments' means.
There are lots of similarities in Lynch's music to Badalamenti's, noticeably in the chord progressions, although Lynch's style seems to be 'rockier.' Badalamenti, though, can turn his hand to a huge number of styles and has done so in many films. I think theyve influenced each other to an extent.

If there are lots of different locations in the new show, then I guess that will leave things open for lots of different musical styles.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Gabriel wrote:
Soolsma wrote: Dunno, I kinda like listening to Lynch's music, like The Big Dream for example, but scoring parts of the new series? I remain to be convinced.. Very curious to see what he'll pull off and what 'more confident with his instruments' means.
There are lots of similarities in Lynch's music to Badalamenti's, noticeably in the chord progressions, although Lynch's style seems to be 'rockier.' Badalamenti, though, can turn his hand to a huge number of styles and has done so in many films. I think theyve influenced each other to an extent.

If there are lots of different locations in the new show, then I guess that will leave things open for lots of different musical styles.
Lynch often sticks to blues patterns, probably because it's an easy style and he hasn't read a lot of musical theory. But yeah Badalamenti is not unfamiliar with blues either plus his score can also be monotonous when a situation asks for it, like for example the Rabbits theme. But he's also capable of complexities that Lynch isn't. The Mulholland Dr. theme and Laura's theme are good examples.