NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by N. Needleman »

I don't care about GG but I haven't seen too many bad reviews. Most seem to say it is messy but enjoyable.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I can't wait for all the reactions, I never got to experience it in real-time back in the day so I'm keen to get the internet version of the watercooler effect - and yeah, that will include "whining". Everyone seems to have a different idea of what the new series should be like (and what made the original series good in the first place tbh - most people's opinions on twin peaks are crazypants to me), negative responses to various storytelling decisions are inevitable. Plus it might actually straight-up suck, although I find this unlikely.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Being unhappy and disappointed is actually an easier task than mixing enjoyment and surprise. Therefore we should enter this expecting NOTHING and slowly make up our opinion AS WE WATCH.

Anything is possible, after all this is still DKL.
Ghoul

Post by Ghoul »

At this point, though, it feels like we'll never "enter this".... God, this wait is epic.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I am expecting something really terrific, but I am also expecting it might not catch on with me right away- I can't imagine it will be 'bad' since Lynch has never really directed anything bad when he has had creative control. However, it might go so far from my expectations that it will take a while to warm up to it.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I have a feeling that its gonna be the best Tv series ever and this site will explode upon release.People who hate Twin peaks will also be out here.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

dronerstone wrote:Hence the releasing our beloved new TP episode by episode and not everything at once to end in a single one nighter binge watch.

That's why I don't like Netflix and similar sized, seriously am old school on this topic. :)
If True Detective season 1 would had been released all at once it would have been considered a mediocre show because of it's lackluster finale. Now it became a modern classic instead and a great experience, all while in the end still getting criticized for it's lackluster finale.
yogamble

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thread

Post by yogamble »

Any news on when we can expect the first trailer?
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

This is something I posted in the season 3 actors thread. But applies to the trend going on in this thread for the moment.

I wonder others opinion on this. But Lynch, being the man. Makes me totally open to any recasting to keep existing characters going. I completely trust Lynch to deliver greatness, and wouldn't be worried with new actors portraying the old characters. And wouldn't be surprised to see Donna, jefferies, Bob, or annie being played by new cast members. Kyle is back as cooper. And besides cooper, I think all the other actors could be replaced. Just so thrilled that peaks is really coming back and the entire thing will be directed by Lynch. That even if there were no cooper. I would still expect the show to be great. Possibly the greatest television event of all time. Make the moon landing look like a bad episode of Alf
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

yogamble wrote:Any news on when we can expect the first trailer?
Definitely before this year ends or 1st Jan
yogamble

Post by yogamble »

krishnanspace wrote:
Definitely before this year ends or 1st Jan
There are really just two things entertainment I'm excited for the rest of this year. One is the new Star Wars flick and the other is this trailer. I can honestly say I'm more excited for the TP trailer though :D .
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

So within three next month? That's be fine.

Reasoning? How come???
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

We have no way of knowing when a trailer will come.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

I have no inside info, but February seems most likely for a trailer in the traditional sense: one that gives us a glimpse of the shape of the story. That's my best guess assuming that Twin Peaks is more or less taking Penny Dreadful's spot in the rotation. But when it comes down to it....
N. Needleman wrote:We have no way of knowing when a trailer will come.
...pretty much this. Yes.
Last edited by Robot Butler on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghoul

Post by Ghoul »

For all we know, it could be in October, November or December of 2017. 2017 is 12 months long, you know. No way of telling if TP will maybe air in the last month of the year, so releasing the trailer that early on might be killin' it.