Season 2 dvd, episode 8

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Twilight

Season 2 dvd, episode 8

Post by Twilight »

So I just got Season 2 on dvd and before watching that, watched all of my episode 1 tapes. Halfway through the first episode of season 2 (episode 8), I realize I'm missing something that I remember from my VHS boxed set (which was borrowed by someone and never returned. and then they moved out of state!)

So I look up the episodes on the web, and sure enough -- I am missing the first part of episode 8! According to the episode recap on tv.com, it should start with Cooper on the floor after being shot at the end of episode 7. If you read through the guide at the below URL, I am missing everything up to the Palmer house, where Leland comes in with white hair and Maddy sees the blood on the carpet.

Does anyone else have this issue??

http://www.tv.com/twin-peaks/episode-ei ... recap.html
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 2 dvd, episode 8

Post by Red Room »

Twilight wrote:According to the episode recap on tv.com, it should start with Cooper on the floor after being shot at the end of episode 7. If you read through the guide at the below URL, I am missing everything up to the Palmer house, where Leland comes in with white hair and Maddy sees the blood on the carpet.

Does anyone else have this issue??
No - Mine starts exactly where it should, with Cooper on the floor...

Do you have the Region 1 or 2 version? Mine is the US (Region 1) set. Mind you, either way; I'm sure this would have been noticed by now if it was widespread...

This may sound like a dumb question, but have you checked that your player hasn't simply skipped forward to a later chapter?
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Twilight wrote: it should start with Cooper on the floor after being shot at the end of episode 7.
I bought the German 2.1 before buying the US set and on that it started as you say it should? I can't explain it, unless it is a missed chapter.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Twilight

Post by Twilight »

Red Room wrote: No - Mine starts exactly where it should, with Cooper on the floor...

Do you have the Region 1 or 2 version? Mine is the US (Region 1) set. Mind you, either way; I'm sure this would have been noticed by now if it was widespread...

This may sound like a dumb question, but have you checked that your player hasn't simply skipped forward to a later chapter?
You know, I did get into the habit of skipping the intro. Maybe it skipped the intro AND the first few scenes! *slaps forehead*

Thanks muchly! :)