Laura and Josie and Harry Truman too

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Moonmaid

Laura and Josie and Harry Truman too

Post by Moonmaid »

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. I reread Laura's secret diary, and found out that Laura had sex with Josie. Since Laura was so young, this seems a bit unethical and icky. I remember that the police found and read the secret diary, and that Harry was seeing Josie at the time. I think Josie had him convinced she was a sweet and innocent person. Did they ever say anything about Josie and Laura on the show? I would have thought finding out that his girldfriend had sex with minors would come as an unpleasant suprise for Harry.
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Laura and Josie and Harry Truman too

Post by Ross »

Moonmaid wrote:I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. I reread Laura's secret diary, and found out that Laura had sex with Josie. Since Laura was so young, this seems a bit unethical and icky. I remember that the police found and read the secret diary, and that Harry was seeing Josie at the time. I think Josie had him convinced she was a sweet and innocent person. Did they ever say anything about Josie and Laura on the show? I would have thought finding out that his girldfriend had sex with minors would come as an unpleasant suprise for Harry.
No- nothing was said on the show. I don't think we can consider everything in the diary "cannon".
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

date screw ups aside, I consider the diary "cannon" along with the cooper book. they were each written by a lynch and a frost :)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Same here.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I believe most of the secret diary was destroyed by Harold, wasn't it?
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

I was struggling to think of a littlepresenti wanted from some one for xmas so i've asked for the secret diary, really looking forward to it - I've heard so many good things. Just finished watchingthe show for the third time, always amazed how beautiful it is by the time i'm done. :D
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

As he was FBI, I suspect Cooper might have kept certain details classified from Truman, given the nature if the case. Cooper was extremely intelligent and a superb reader of people, so he'd know what to reveal.