What was supposed to happen in Season 3? Anyone know?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

cat butt

Post by cat butt »

It is interesting that Lynch posted the short Flash animation of Laura ("What does she see?") on his website 2 or 3 years ago. I know it wasn't much, but it does go to show that he hasn't totally forgotten about TP and the fact that he was motivated to create new material (even if it's just a picture of Laura that we've all seen before with superimposed words and new sounds) is certainly encouraging.

I always have held out hope that once MacLachlan has gotten old enough to play Future Cooper without makeup, Lynch will decide that his final project (since he himself will be ancient by that point) will be to show us what happened to Cooper.
Viscera

Post by Viscera »

tj o'pootertoot wrote: I mean, firstly, did they know it was going to be Leland or was it a decision they had to make at some point?
According to the interview on Season 2 with Jennifer Lynch, she states that when she got the call to do Laura's diary, that she was told she was one of "Three breathing mammals" to know who the killer was... she was told to mention a handful of suspects but that the killer was Leland.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Although the biggest flaw in terms of cut scenes has to be the original introduction of Leland Palmer at a funny, happy ( but still dysfunctional ) family dinner. As it stands now, our first intro to Leland is under a BOB possesed moment, which has always seemed to me a big mistake.
i so fully agree with this statement. i was actually going to post something similar to this just now. i read the script and felt like this was one scene that would have changed the tone of the whole film. there was something so jarring about the first time i saw FWWM after watching all of twin peaks. i knew it was about the last days of laura palmer - so the focus would be different. i was not expecting twin peaks the series - but i figured that there would be some kind of continuity with the palmers...
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Post by grrlskout »

cat butt wrote:It is interesting that Lynch posted the short Flash animation of Laura ("What does she see?") on his website 2 or 3 years ago. I know it wasn't much, but it does go to show that he hasn't totally forgotten about TP and the fact that he was motivated to create new material (even if it's just a picture of Laura that we've all seen before with superimposed words and new sounds) is certainly encouraging.

I always have held out hope that once MacLachlan has gotten old enough to play Future Cooper without makeup, Lynch will decide that his final project (since he himself will be ancient by that point) will be to show us what happened to Cooper.
I was soooooo excited when David posted that on dl.com!!! I was thinking, and still do to a certain extent, that it meant that David wasn't completely done with Twin Peaks forever. I think (I have nothing to back this up) that he sorta had his heart broken by the whole experience with the show. Mostly since it went so sour so fast and then was canceled. So, he had a bad attitude about it for years. I think talking to people on dl.com, who LOOOOVE the show so much, helped ease that a bit. Only my humble opinion, of course....

But I've always held out hope that in 2014 (or 2015, depending on if you thought it took place in 89 or 90).... 25 years later..... we would see *something* new Twin Peaks related. But maybe that's a dream that will break MY heart. Yeah, probably.... *le sigh*
dotdotdot

Re: What was supposed to happen in Season 3? Anyone know?

Post by dotdotdot »

i can't find any info on that flash animation. where can i find it? what was the content exactly? details plz.
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Post by grrlskout »

dotdotdot wrote:i can't find any info on that flash animation. where can i find it? what was the content exactly? details plz.
It was on dl.com years ago. It had Laura Palmer sitting in the red room. She was sitting and.... waiting....
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Would also be very interested in seeing this flash video as missed it. Is it still anywhere on dl.com? Or available to view/download elsewhere?

Thanks...
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jonah wrote:Would also be very interested in seeing this flash video as missed it. Is it still anywhere on dl.com? Or available to view/download elsewhere?

Thanks...

http://rapidshare.com/files/165951723/lpalmer_300.mov

U welcome ;)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jonah wrote:Would also be very interested in seeing this flash video as missed it. Is it still anywhere on dl.com? Or available to view/download elsewhere?

Thanks...

http://rapidshare.com/files/165951723/lpalmer_300.mov

U welcome ;)
Thanks qbin2001!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thank you very much for this qbin2001.

It was great to watch it and makes me feel hope to think Lynch still thinks about Twin Peaks and Laura waiting in The Red Room...
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.