Rare TP Clips!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

benjamin

Post by benjamin »

it took me a day and a half to download, but was worth it and fun to watch. a thank you to your friend!

on another note, is there any footage that is worthwhile to see from the emmy awards where there were 14 nominations?
Pierre Tremond

Post by Pierre Tremond »

Aww man....does this thing have those "Next Time on Twin Peaks..." ads that aired in the original broadcasts? I loved those things. They were so vague, just still shots from the next ep with dialogue that doesn't necessarily relate to the image on the screen directly. Those were awesome. I wish, wish, wish that they were on the DVDs, but I am guessing those were ABC created and thus are unavailable.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

Yes indeed...

Intros: aka "Previously on Twin Peaks"

Outros: aka "Next on Twin Peaks"

Bumpers: Those short clips of Lucy saying "Twin Peaks will be right back!" etc.

There are also some of those mini-ads from ABC: from 'Nominated for 14 Emmy Awards' to 'Twin Peaks is on a new night!'
ideasarelikefish

Post by ideasarelikefish »

Thanks for this. Looks like some nice extras.

Do they contain any spoilers? Im working my way through S2 for the first time.

I am downloading it now, its gonna take a few days on my connection. How do I use the files? looks like DVD VOB files. Do I just burn it straight to DVD?
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

The video is stored in DVD format in a ripped DVD folder. The .ifo and .bup files are information your DVD player needs but don't contain any movie information. (All the movie data is in the .vob files.)

If you have a DVD burner, you should be able to drop the top level folder ("Twin Peaks Archive") onto your DVD burning software and it will spit out a DVD that you can watch like a regular movie.

Alternatively, some software players like PowerDVD (and maybe BSPlayer) have a feature called 'Play DVD from Hard Drive' that lets you watch the movie, access the menus, etc right from the hard drive.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

The only chapters on the Twin Peaks Archive that have Season 2 Plot Spoilers are:

2- ABC Season 2 Intros, Outros, and Bumpers

and the last three clips:

13- CNN Showbiz Today - Ray Wise Interview
14- ET - Post Murderer Revelation
15- E! - The Future of Twin Peaks?
Parkamarka

Post by Parkamarka »

Greatest download ever.

Please thank your friend from me, this is awesome. I had to register and express my gratitude for this (I never realised Dugpa had a board....) as it's made my week. I saw this on the same day my Season 2 DVDs arrived so it really feels like I've got a proper bonus disc of extras out of this, almost all of which I've never seen before.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

this is an amazing piece of archival work. many thanks.

and my God, did 1990 have some terrible fashion choices
ideasarelikefish

Post by ideasarelikefish »

Hi

I'm about 60% done and had to stop for a while. I see there is no one sharing this anymore. Is anyone kind enough to start seeding again?

Thanks.

EDIT: sorry my mistake, after refreshing it there are seeders.

Thanks again to Wood for providing this.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

I'll be out of town so I have to stop seeding for a while. I'll be back on May 2 and I'll resume seeding then. It would be nice if others could seed while I'm gone!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Recently managed to download this.

Wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Wood and his friend.

Jonah

:D
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

Can anyone start seeding again soon please? I managed to get just under half of this in about 36 hours and now it's been stopped for ages... Would be much appreciated - I'm away to Paris early tomorrow and will leave mine seeding for anyone that needs it.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

biotron wrote:Can anyone start seeding again soon please?
Ditto. I too would be grateful... Thanks.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

I've been seeding since May 1, currently I see 6 peers. If you're still not seeing any seeds, send me a PM. (Anyone a bittorrent expert? What could block people from connecting to a seed? Firewalls?)

-Steve
The Other Bob

Post by The Other Bob »

Yeah, I installed Azureus specifically to download these files, saw it listed with a few seeds, disabled my firewall, pushed the download button, and when it just said "waiting" I left it overnight. Still waiting.... I realize this isn't a bittorrent troubleshooting board, but it is frustrating seeing this goldmine available and not having the tech sense to get it. I'll gladly mail someone a blank DVD and a SASE if they'll burn it for me!