TP: FWWM American R1 DVD

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

gazbar74

TP: FWWM American R1 DVD

Post by gazbar74 »

Hi guys

I am based in the UK and want to purchase the 2002 American region 1 DVD of FWWM...

I have a few questions however:

Is this currently the best version of FWWM to purchase? I have read online that this is the best transfer, is this true? Also is this version the best for bonus features?
I wanted to purchase this DVD from Amazon.com, does it come in a standard DVD case or the snap type of DVD case? I really hate the old-style snap DVD cases, does this movie now come in a standard DVD case or is it still being sold in the old style snap packaging?

Many thanks for your help
Gazbar
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Re: TP: FWWM American R1 DVD

Post by mixomatosis »

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1502

These guys reckon the Korean Region 3 release is the best... They also say that the volume of dialogue in the Pink Room scene on the R1 release is raised for clarity, which kind of misses the point.
gazbar74

Post by gazbar74 »

Thanks! That is a great help!

Can anyone answer my question about the R1 DVD coming in a snapper case?
Has anyone purchased the R1 DVD recently and can answer my question?

Thanks
Gazbar
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

The US Region 1 is a snapper case. Not sure if they changed it since the original release.
gazbar74

Post by gazbar74 »

Can anyone who has purchased the R1 FWWM DVD recently confirm if it was sold in a snapper case?

Many thanks
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

The US R1 DVD was originally issued in a snapper case but I've been to the US twice in the last couple of years and have only seen one in a snapper case. The rest were in standard plastic boxes. Presumably it's been reissued since its original release. Unless you buy it via a listing with a picture eBay, or ask beforehand, you still won't know for certain which you're getting until it arrives.

The Korean DVD is overrated. The highlight is the Reflections... documentary, which is taken from the US DVD anyway. You can live without the image gallery. The UK DVD uses the French MK2 print and it looks clean but is far too bright, particularly the scenes in the woods near the end. E4 have shown that print a few times recently.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"