Most frightening scenes in TP

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

gavriloP
RR Diner Member

Re: Most frightening scenes in TP

Post by gavriloP »

For me the scariest scene has always been that Ronette's dream in the end of season 2 pilot too. And of course lots of stuff in black lodge in final episode. Maddy's murder was horrible when I saw it for the first time in 91' (when it aired for the first time here). It was quite intense for TV (closer to the horror stuff I was watching at the time). But the nastiest part in that scene was the fact that I loved her character so much. Sheryl Lee was my number one TP girl at the time ;)

The Teresa's nail removal in FWWM is classic icky gore stuff. As a matter of fact every time there is blade and nail involved it gives me creeps. They are not graphic per se but they are effective because this is "normal" prime time TV and not some gore flick.

Masks are funny, some people seem really freak out when they see them. My wife told me a funny story the other day, very real-life-lynchian. She was at home with my two year old son and some stranger (electrician or plumber, and no this isn't what it sounds ;) ) came looking for direction. He searched one of our neighbors and he was lost. BTW we live in the semi-isolated countryside and doors are usually unlocked and we don't even have doorbell so he came right in. My wife were reading or something like that and she calmly answered the mans questions while my son was running around without pants (don't ask) and wearing very creepy mask that covered his face completely (my wife makes dolls and stuff like that from paper mache). It had beak like nose and grin and all. Guy went away fast. Only later we realised that it must've been pretty bizarre moment for him :)
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Guy went away fast. Only later we realised that it must've been pretty bizarre moment for him :)
Fell a victim?
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

I'm not to keen on that nail scene either I always look away when that part is on, the mask story is really intresting I wonder what was going through his mind at the time?
Damn fine coffee...and hot - Agent Cooper
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Mine was Maddy's murder. I was 11 years old and I didn't want to go sleep that night I watched that episode.... :cry:
Roomservice...
Albert Rosenfeld

Post by Albert Rosenfeld »

kim 13781 wrote:Looks like the train car scene is winning the votes as most frightening scene, I agree that scene used to give me nightmares :shock:
There are so many images in that scene that just stick in your mind, what with Bob's screaming and Laura's face. Television has never been as scary as it was then.

Plus, the first glimpse of Bob in the international version of the pilot always creeped me out, just the way David shot it, from a distance, with very dark lighting and the manner in which Bob is crouching behind the bed is just spine chilling.