Who here is going to the festival?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Who here is going to the festival?

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

I just took the plunge and got tickets for my brother and me. It should be fun, and I think I'll make a vacation out of it, so I thought "what the hell?" Is anyone else going or at least thinking about it?
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Re: Who here is going to the festival?

Post by The giant »

I think I am. Anyone else going?
I'm gonna go out for a sandwich
human germ
Roadhouse Member

Post by human germ »

one of these years, i hope i can. but right now, it's more than i can comfortably afford; as well, it's too long of a plane trip for me. if i do move to tucson, it'll be a much shorter trip from that city to the TP festival.
because i don't drive, i wonder how much of a challange it'd be to get the festival from the nearest airport...
done bun; can't be undone
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i am about to buy tickets, last day for cheap tickets!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Word is only a couple of years left for the official festival.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

that is a sad thought. last year was awesome.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Annie wrote:Word is only a couple of years left for the official festival.
Oh yeah? Who told you that?

I run the festival with KahlanMnel, and we're already talking about the 2010 fest and beyond. We have never once talked about ending the festival. We've talked about how it would be cool to have a couple more people to help us out with certain things, but we've NEVER talked about just throwing in the towel and ending it.

Every couple years someone says "I hear this will be the last fest." It any of them were ever true the fest would have ended 10 years ago, then 8 years ago, then 5 years ago. ;)

So anyway, to be on topic, yeah, Amanda and I will be there. :P
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

jlyon1515 wrote:
Annie wrote:Word is only a couple of years left for the official festival.
Oh yeah? Who told you that?
They are probably referring to this thread.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Yes, that thread has sparked a lot of discussion; I first saw reference to it inside of LiveJournal. No offense or rumors intended.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I'll be there in 2012 for sure. No way would I miss the opportunity for a 20th Anniversary of the release of Fire Walk With Me. I have often thought that the Fest would be easier to manage and would have bigger turnouts if they were done every other year. Maybe even alternate to a California Festival on the off years where one could tour the California sites as well as the Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, and Wild at Heart filming sites as well. Hell, you could probably rent out a convention center and get a huge celebrity turnout.

Sure, it wouldn't be the same, but it would be damn freaking cool in my opinion.

-B
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

it is really weird to think how many cast members have dropped off the planet since the show aired. i mean, what in the hell could eric da re be doing now?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

are any of you folks going this year? i'll be there and i cant wait!
Last edited by Brad D on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

I'd definitely go to a festival in California. As much as I love Washington and enjoyed visiting the Twin Peaks filming locations, there's too many other places in the world I'd like to visit before I go back there. It's so isolated, it took me two flights and 24 hours of non-stop travel to get to Seattle from the UK (and the same again coming home). By the time you've paid for flights, a hotel and, lest we forget, a ticket to the fest, it's a major investment. And while there are some enchanting regulars who post on the Twin Peaks Gazette board, and attend the festival every year, others are absolutely loathsome (IMHO) and if anything I'd fly half way round the world to not be in the same room as them. For that reason I'd prefer something a bit more impersonal. I'm thinking disinfectant scented convention centre, I'm thinking people wandering around dressed as Cybermen, I'm thinking Twin Peaks celebs behind crash barriers...

I'm glad the festival is still going even though I don't go to it. I have more goodwill towards the celebrities who've attended, or done interviews with Wrapped In Plastic, than the ones who don't and the documentary about the festival in the Gold Box was one of my favourite special features.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i had a great time at the festival last year. 97% of the people were great, but the other 3% are quite dreadful folks.

i have some ideas for a CA festival, but wow that is intimidating. mucho respect for jared and amanda and all that they do. (and put up with)
BobbyPeru

Post by BobbyPeru »

I've been wanting to go to the fest for quite some time now. Unfortunatly, financialy, it's not forseeable for at least a year or two. Also, cosidering, no one I know would go with me to the fest anyways. Unfortunatly, the only Peaks fans i know are on message boards, lol. Do people go to the fests by themselves or do they usually bring a significant other?
"I'm a whole damn town" - Andy