Nike to Release Twin Peaks Inspired Shoes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LatelyDavidBass

Re: Nike to Release Twin Peaks Inspired Shoes

Post by LatelyDavidBass »

In addition to hating the Evelyn plot with James (like many here), one of the many qualities I've always enjoyed about TP was that it was timeless. There never seemed to be a definite time frame on the series. When I saw her husband wearing that Air Jordan suit, it immediately dated the series for me. It was style and design of that time period. Whoever made the decision to allow that made a terrible mistake. One other reason to hate the Evelyn stuff...

TB
"Where's that hammer you keep talking about?"
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

I think the whole style of the series is very 90's, the storylines timeless but its undeniably different in looks to todays world.
garland

Post by garland »

mark84 wrote:I think the whole style of the series is very 90's, the storylines timeless but its undeniably different in looks to todays world.
Well there are some outfits that really jump out as 80s/90s, the odd gigantic sweater or giant shoulder-padded suit. And when Cooper is getting investigated, the FBI guys have an awesome chunky unit that I assume is a WORD PROCESSOR!

But on the other hand I agree the series is more timeless than not.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

It's so sad that kid in the video on Page 3 doesn't even know what the show is, just "some TV show." He only cares that they're Nike SB's, I guess.

Jerry posted about these on MySpace awhile back and I like 'em. I don't like Nike or their business practices, but even I have to admit these are very cool shoes. Wish I had the extra money. Maybe if that place in the UK can't unload them due to a sagging economy, they'll put them on sale. $50 I could probably do.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.