Nike to Release Twin Peaks Inspired Shoes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Nike to Release Twin Peaks Inspired Shoes

Post by Brad D »

without the pattern on the sole, i'm not nearly as hell bent on getting them.
Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mikeindustry »

So, being a David Lynch fan, I love a good mystery...

I followed some of the links and made it to a Nike site, where they noted that these shoes are sold at specific skate shops (er, this may've been common knowledge, but the SB in the title of the shoe? "Skate Board".) - and Nike provides a list of said shops.

Luckily, one was right up the road from where I live - I'm currently living in the middle of nowhere, so that was a shock.

I traveled to the shop and they said they didn't get that shoe, but that if it's due to be released in "Jan" they would have already gotten it in early December, so... keep that in mind.

I imagine these might be a real Blue Rose case - that, or shell out a few more bucks and get them on-line...
dl_fan
Roadhouse Member

Post by dl_fan »

I ordered a pair from http://www.flatspot.com on the 22nd, and they arrived today - I would recommend http://www.flatspot.com to anyone who's thinking about buying these shoes.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Ooh, so you got them already? Cool, and thanks for posting this. Welcome dl_fan!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Juan Franela

Post by Juan Franela »

Mine showed up today, and to confirm: the pattern is on the insole, not the sole. The actual sole is grey-ish. The fabric inside the shoe is dark red (yes, the curtains). Neither the words 'Twin Peaks' nor the letters 'TP' appear anywear on the shoe. All you get is the owl image on the side of the shoe. Still, a nice pair of sneakers, and something for collectors. New shoes!
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Did you order them from the UK, or would you please give us the US site to order from?
Thanks, and happy walking!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Juan Franela

Post by Juan Franela »

I ordered via the Flatspot.com site, which is UK-based.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

Interesting collectible item...the insert is cool, but I'm not a fan of the exterior.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I've ordered mine from secretspot.co.uk
Flatspot doesn't seem to have my size available :cry:
Rider

Post by Rider »

Shoes have showed up at places you can order online in the US here:
http://igbs.com/v2/shop/view_product.php?pid=1401 100 bucks free shipping
http://www.skateparkoftampa.com/spot/sh ... lorID=4063

Second link is same price, full size run.
Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mikeindustry »

Since I've been traveling, I haven't had time to update - but I found a skate shop near my home that was going to get them - they even had a sample pair in stock - they agreed to put a pair on hold for me when they came in, which should be this week.

The trick, if you don't want to order from the UK or online is to find an authorized Nike SB store - basically a skater store that has a deal with Nike, and they will be getting the shoes.

Good luck!
PatrickTheElder

Post by PatrickTheElder »

These are now avalible here in the USA.
Ebay has them all over the place
and www.pickyourshoes.com
has them, which I can vouch for, I buy from them all the time, Located in CA and usually arrives to me in NC in about 5 business days. These shoes are very nice, the quality is amazing!!!!
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

Oh joy. Now every time I put Twin Peaks into Ebay I get hundreds of pairs of those shoes. I'd rather go barefoot.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mikeindustry »

Ok, so... odd turn of events... the store that said they'd hold a pair for me sold out right away and couldn't, so I figured - "Eh, I saved $130 - no biggie".

Then, this evening, I was out on a date and we were walking in the downtown area of the city I live in and I saw a store with a display in the window that caught my eye - lots of red and birds and donuts and saws and...

As I was telling my date "Hey - that's a pretty cool Twin Peaksy displa-" I realized what exactly it was and before I could finish my sentence we were in the store checking out the shoes.

Turns out they have TONS of them, as the wife of the owner of the store (according to the staff) is the one who designed the shoe. (Interesting!)

I got a pair - first pair of Nike's I've owned since.. like... 1981, I think. They feel great, and they look awesome, and they do set you back a pretty penny (I usually wear Cons when I'm not working, so these were about a hundred more than I usually pay for shoes, but eh, I'm gainfully employed. What the heck.)

The guy at the store noted that there's some obscure trivia on the shoe, and ... you know, he got it wrong. I let it slide, but, here's what he told me - there's no "SB" logo on the shoe, as with other Nike SB shoes - instead, under one of the Owl flaps, you find, in a stylized font, "85", which, upside down, kind of looks like "SB". Kind of. Sort of. (if you really squint.) The kid claimed that it's because Twin Peaks was on the air in 1985. I said "Oh, uh, Twin Peaks was on the air in 1990." and he said "No, when it was originally on the air" and I just let it go, but... there's that.

It's a pretty damn cool shoe, and the store I got it at had a swingin' Twin Peaks display in the window.
John Soanes

Post by John Soanes »

Hello, newbie from the UK here, and just wanted to say that I've now got a pair of these shoes, and they're very nicely produced. Will be posting photos and full description on my blog in the next few days, so I'll be sure to post a link - as long as that's not contrary to board rules or anything like that!