Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by rewak »

The release is the same worldwide, same content everywhere.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Charles de Lauzirika talks about the set in this podcast - http://feedpress.me/firetalk
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Charles de Lauzirika talks about the set in this podcast - http://feedpress.me/firetalk
It's great!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

A few fans on FB are complaining the colors for the series in the boxset are over saturated and needed a cold autumnal palette so they could match the pilot. Here's the comparison they made.

Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mysterioso

Post by Mysterioso »

I am get box set here in Italy yesterday. It is beautiful for words. Color is OK and if you like more blue change on TV better make. After I see Deleted Scenes in Series and FWWM I can dream of more Twin Peaks to come. Any who complain on blu ray is crazy in head for complete. This is beautiful time to be Twin Peaks fan.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Mysterioso wrote:I am get box set here in Italy yesterday. It is beautiful for words. Color is OK and if you like more blue change on TV better make. After I see Deleted Scenes in Series and FWWM I can dream of more Twin Peaks to come. Any who complain on blu ray is crazy in head for complete. This is beautiful time to be Twin Peaks fan.
Lucky you Mysterioso.
Looks like fans outside the US are getting their box sets already.
I'm in Brazil but it's too damn expensive here, so I'm importing from Amazon UK. I'll probably be the last one to get it (estimate delivery date is between August 6 - August 11) but no biggie, it'll be here :)
Fernanda
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fernanda »

Stanley,

If you order with standard delivery speed, Amazon.uk won't collect an Import Fee Deposit, but will that be charged by customs instead? There's also AmazonGlobal Priority, when they collect £64.15 over the £41.46 plus £25.98 S&H, same total price as in Brazilian stores, almost three times more than in North America. It's maddening, but I'd like to know if you've used those two options before. It's either that or have an eBay or Amazon Marketplace seller post it as a gift, without an invoice and stating the value in the customs form lower than the listing price like I always ask them to do, but that is for single DVDs instead of a more expensive box set. You can ask the seller not to include an invoice but you can't ask Amazon to do that. Even if you don't pay the Import Fee at Amazon (depending on the delivery speed) you might have to do it locally because of the invoice and the Amazon logo on the package. So if you're in Brazil like I am you'll be paying triple or commiting customs fraud, unless you're lucky or bloody well-off. Some praying to your Special Customs Agent might be involved. It's more Kafka than Twin Peaks if you ask me.

http://compranoexterior.com.br/como-evitar-ser-taxado/
Last edited by Fernanda on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

You know, I've waited over 20 years to see these deleted scenes, so a few more days is not going to kill me, but yeah, I am getting mildly annoyed at seeing posts about this already being in hands across the ocean, meanwhile those in North America are left at the bottom of the list.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:A few fans on FB are complaining the colors for the series in the boxset are over saturated and needed a cold autumnal palette so they could match the pilot. Here's the comparison they made.
I'm confused. Are the second pics fan made (desaturated)? I mean, the bluray color matches the Gold Box color. So why complain now? Besides that, and more importantly, the original broadcast version was very brown/orange/pink. That's the saturation that Twin Peaks has always had.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote: I'm confused. Are the second pics fan made (desaturated)?
Yeah, they were showing the color the series should have, a colder autumnal color like the pilot.
I don't like it. If some people were complaining the MK2 transfer for FWWM looked green, this one looks completely blue. I mean, look at the owl :lol:

Ross wrote: I mean, the bluray color matches the Gold Box color. So why complain now? Besides that, and more importantly, the original broadcast version was very brown/orange/pink. That's the saturation that Twin Peaks has always had.
Exactly. CBS has to respect the colors of the original negative, maybe correct a few minor stuff but that's about it.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Fernanda wrote:Stanley,

If you order with standard delivery speed, Amazon.uk won't collect an Import Fee Deposit, but will that be charged by customs instead?
Fernanda, we can't know for sure. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
If the package gets charged, we have to pay 60% of the price (item + shipping costs) to the post office to collect the product.
In this case, the box set + shipping + IOF will be around R$170, so I have to add R$100 for customs (if they charge the package).
If that happen, it'll be around R$270 (item + shipping + IOF + customs fee). Still half the price we would be paying in local stores here, so I think it's worth it :)
Fernanda
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fernanda »

If the package gets charged, we have to pay 60% of the price (item + shipping costs) to the post office to collect the product.
I thought it was 90%.
£41.46 plus £25.98 with a £64.15 tax would be more like 100%. Sometimes there's the state tax as well.
We can't know for sure. It's like stabbing in the dark.
Let me know when you get yours then :twisted:

Cheers 8)
Last edited by Fernanda on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Fernanda wrote: Sometimes there's the state tax as well.
Yes. I live in São Paulo, here there's no state taxes, so it's just the 60%.
Fernanda wrote:Let me know when you get yours then. :twisted:

Cheers. 8)
:lol: no problem

Only thing is, just because my package wasn't charged doesn't mean yours won't be, and vice versa :wink:

If you're in a rush to get this set right away (like I am), Amazon UK is the cheapest choice.
But if you can wait a few months, maybe you can get it cheaper on Black Friday, or maybe the prices in local stores will drop eventually :)
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernanda
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fernanda »

I'm in Minas Gerais and they have a state tax here thanks to Aécio Neves.

What I did was, I wrote an email talking about the Brazilian tax system and sent it to every third party seller on Amazon and Amazon.ca who might list it eventually seeing if they would sympathise with my plight and got a response from six of them. One is a Canadian businessman who happens to be a town counsellor with connections with the local post office and he agreed not only to put it on sale after the release date but also to list it with a lower value in the customs form and check it as a gift.

I can give you the names of four of them. If you get that deal from one of them, I'll let you ask the other two.
Last edited by Fernanda on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Fernanda wrote:I'm in Minas Gerais and they have a state tax here thanks to Aécio Neves.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aécio sucks
Fernanda wrote: I can give you the names of four. If you get that deal from one of them, I'll let you ask the other two.
Thanks, but even if I get charged, I think R$270 is a good deal for a 10 disc Bluray set of my favorite show with thousands of extras, deleted scenes and FWWM. I seriously doubt we will find this set at this price around here anytime soon. Blurays are too expensive here in the jungle.