NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by baxter »

That Mark Frost quote is really intriguing me. I can't imagine that it would refer to simply one more trailer.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Reading Mark Frost's twitter feed, there is loads of interesting stuff actually. The Prisoner is in his top 5 TV shows of all time. He lists himself as a "fast-lane evacuee"- is that his way of saying semi-retired?
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Maybe Dugpa has done a deal with MF/DKL that allows already registered members of this board to view the first parts 1 day early!! :lol:
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

baxter wrote:Reading Mark Frost's twitter feed, there is loads of interesting stuff actually. The Prisoner is in his top 5 TV shows of all time. He lists himself as a "fast-lane evacuee"- is that his way of saying semi-retired?
He moved from Bel-Air and now lives in Ojai. I'm sure he has the luxury to pick and choose what he wants to do. Currently that means writing books and Twin Peaks.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Jerry Horne wrote:
baxter wrote:Reading Mark Frost's twitter feed, there is loads of interesting stuff actually. The Prisoner is in his top 5 TV shows of all time. He lists himself as a "fast-lane evacuee"- is that his way of saying semi-retired?
He moved from Bel-Air and now lives in Ojai. I'm sure he has the luxury to pick and choose what he wants to do. Currently that means writing books and Twin Peaks.
And arent we all glad about that! :)

Re Frost comment. There may be multiple trailers dropping this week. There is still a significant amount of cast members and big names, whom I would assume to have significant roles, who we havent seen featured yet.
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

I first saw Twin Peaks about 12 years ago, after watching an old VHS copy of Eraserhead and developing a desire to dive further into Lynch's work. The world that I then entered, courtesy of Lynch himself along with Mark Frost, had a profound impact on me across many aspects of my life and continues to do so. I haven't waited half as long as some have for what's coming in 6 days, yet even to me it feels surreal and exhilarating. Here's to (hopefully) the quickest week on record!
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
crossoverman

Post by crossoverman »

I was thinking, since Frost's tweet to someone about them missing something if they slept this next week away waiting for the premiere, if maybe they'd release a scene from the first episode. Perhaps the first scene. Rather than a trailer, the first scene really only gives away the first scene. And might be very enticing.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

crossoverman wrote:I was thinking, since Frost's tweet to someone about them missing something if they slept this next week away waiting for the premiere, if maybe they'd release a scene from the first episode. Perhaps the first scene. Rather than a trailer, the first scene really only gives away the first scene. And might be very enticing.
My thought is they might drop the first two parts to coincide with that screening in L.A. that is taking place (can't remember if it is Friday or Saturday). Which would work very well for most of us in the U.S.- not sure how well it would play abroad :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Why is everyone so sure it was a pointed comment - and not a throwaway remark?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Less than a week left! can't believe it. Only thing on the agenda now is to figure out what's going to be on the menu in my flat for the viewing party (I say party, it's going to be me, and my three flatmates at 2AM on Sunday). I'm thinking:

- Coffee
- Doughnuts
- Brie & Butter Baguettes
- Cherry Pie

Was thinking I'd try to make the pie myself but I have no clue where to find tart cherries here. Maybe have some Black Yukon Sucker Punches, I recall seeing a decent sounding recipe online. What treats are you guys scheming, if any?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Yeah, if anyone knows a good spot in LA to pick up TP-appropriate (or TP-themed!) snacks or food items, much appreciated.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

indyit wrote:Less than a week left! can't believe it. Only thing on the agenda now is to figure out what's going to be on the menu in my flat for the viewing party (I say party, it's going to be me, and my three flatmates at 2AM on Sunday). I'm thinking:

- Coffee
- Doughnuts
- Brie & Butter Baguettes
- Cherry Pie

Was thinking I'd try to make the pie myself but I have no clue where to find tart cherries here. Maybe have some Black Yukon Sucker Punches, I recall seeing a decent sounding recipe online. What treats are you guys scheming, if any?
This may be blasphemy here, but coffee and sweets at night is just not a good idea.

I will stick with the Brie & Butter Baguettes (and maybe a smoked cheese pigs).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:Why is everyone so sure it was a pointed comment - and not a throwaway remark?
I do not believe anyone is sure of anything- mostly wishful thinking.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

It's finally showing up on my Sky TV Guide (UK) for next week. AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG.

Haha, I can't believe it's almost here. It's totally surreal!

"Is this real Ben?....Or just some strange and twisted dream?"
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I'll just be having coffee and cherry pie!