Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TvinPiks

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by TvinPiks »

ForKeeps wrote:that promo image makes the Great Northern seem like The Overlook but I don't even care! I'm so happy!
There could be worse associations. No doubt about it.
crossoverman

Post by crossoverman »

Australian fans should be aware that the new series is streaming here on Stan - and they will also be debuting hours 3 and 4 after the first two hours air.

https://twitter.com/StanAustralia/statu ... 2726482944
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

hopesfall wrote:One for the UK fans...

https://twitter.com/skyatlantic/status/ ... 9224727552
That is NOT ideal. Due to having 2 kids and getting up for work at 6am, watching it live at 2am was never really going to be an option for me. However, the fact they aren't re-airing it until the Tuesday night is pretty annoying. I was sure they'd give it the Monday night slot that they give GoT after it is aired live. Having to stay off the internet for pretty much 2 days after everyone has seen it is not what I was hoping for.

Can only hope they make the episodes available on demand after the live airing.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

So the best news was.. 4 hours on one day. That's like... 2 movies. Incredible.

That sure is unconventional as promised.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I wonder what Sky Atlantic will do about episodes 3 and 4?
frankenhooker

Post by frankenhooker »

I'd be surprised if Sky Atlantic didn't put them up 'on demand', the question is when ? Will it be after the initial simulcast or after the repeat on Tuesday ? Personally I think it'll be the latter, UK viewers may have to avoid the internet for perhaps 36 hours.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

frankenhooker wrote:
I'd be surprised if Sky Atlantic didn't put them up 'on demand', the question is when ? Will it be after the initial simulcast or after the repeat on Tuesday ? Personally I think it'll be the latter, UK viewers may have to avoid the internet for perhaps 36 hours.
Or two weeks, as I'll have to do, seeing as a Sky subscription is too expensive, and I'm having to go through Now TV.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

If Showtime told us you need to pay 400 dollars per month to watch Twin Peaks live for four months this year, I would be happy to pay them! :P

My brain is constantly processing how I'm going to watch those first four hours now, the best possible way... I guess I'll get one fo those VPN things so my IP adress seems to be US and then I could watch directly from Showtime:s streaming service. Or else Sky, off course. But if it's just a matter of choice and not money, I prefer to watch through Showtime:s online stream.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:
frankenhooker wrote: I'd be surprised if Sky Atlantic didn't put them up 'on demand', the question is when ? Will it be after the initial simulcast or after the repeat on Tuesday ? Personally I think it'll be the latter, UK viewers may have to avoid the internet for perhaps 36 hours.
Or two weeks, as I'll have to do, seeing as a Sky subscription is too expensive, and I'm having to go through Now TV.
Yo-ho, yo-ho..
I'll see you in the trees
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:
TimG wrote:
Here Comes That Bob wrote:Euro TP'ers who won't be able to watch the show on cable TV... how will you handle this? Showtime subscription, online streaming, torrents???
Not a clue... I'm from The Netherlands and I can't find a showtime app on my Apple TV or my IPhone.
If the show will be aired only on Showtime and Sky, I don't think I'll be able to watch it on TV. I think I'll have to roll with one of these 3 options.
I don't think it's possible to take a Showtime-subscription in Europe.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

MoondogJR wrote:
TimG wrote:
Not a clue... I'm from The Netherlands and I can't find a showtime app on my Apple TV or my IPhone.
If the show will be aired only on Showtime and Sky, I don't think I'll be able to watch it on TV. I think I'll have to roll with one of these 3 options.
Yeah, I figured that.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

MoondogJR wrote:
TimG wrote:
Yeah, I figured that.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Variety wrote:The long-awaited revival will debut on Sunday, May 21 at 9 p.m. with a two-hour premiere episode. The limited event series will consist of 18 hours total.
. .
Following the TV premiere, Showtime subscribers can watch the third and fourth hours of “Twin Peaks”
. .
One-hour episodes will air in subsequent weeks.
If I understand it correctly - we're getting 2 episodes on May 21st, each 2 hours long. Most reporters seem to have misinterpreted "hours" as "episodes", hence the confusion about "the 3rd and 4th episodes" being aired after the first. This also means there are 13 more episodes airing from June 4th onwards - assuming the finale is also 2 hours, which is unconfirmed as of yet - adding up to a total of 15 episodes. This would place the finale on August 27th, if there are no holes in their schedule.

This is all, of course, assuming Variety has their information right.
I'll see you in the trees
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Did Showtime or Nevins ever used the word "episode" when describing the distribution and length of the new show?

I wish we had a video of the event.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series