NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

There are always Showtime streams...
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

laughingpinecone wrote:
Mordeen wrote:Has it even been made clear whether there truly will be a simultaneous worldwide debut?

4/9/17

-Mordeen
Sky's track record makes it abundantly clear that major releases get simultaneous premieres. Same time as the original broadcast, even, regardless of time zones. Meaning that as far as I'm concerned, s3 will premiere around 4 in the morning, meaning... do I go to sleep very late or get up very early that day? Hard to imagine managing to sleep afterwards.
I hope it will be around 4 in the morning. That way you can go to sleep earlier and still have a relatively healthy dose of sleep. If it's around 1-2 am, than it will be messed up.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

dronerstone wrote:Showtime app is not available in Europe I believe (at least not in my country), therefore I guess half of this board can only go the "shady" way to watch. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd gladly pay to see new TP - only problem is that probably ALL of us will want to see the episodes ASAP after release.

This is something that is still not worked out the right way on the internet. International screening rights and such...
If there won't be any channels that will screen S3, I'll likely watch it live through streams. By the next day fresh torrents will be up , so I'll be able to rewatch episodes on my TV. That's at least how I'll manage it...
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I just wouldn't trust anything that isn't official from Showtime.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Mordeen wrote:Has it even been made clear whether there truly will be a simultaneous worldwide debut?

4/9/17

-Mordeen

Mordeen, where did that date come from, just something you made up, or do we have to set our calendars...? I'd be more than happy with an April release, whatever it takes. :)
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

dronerstone wrote:

4/9/17

-Mordeen

Mordeen, where did that date come from, just something you made up, or do we have to set our calendars...? I'd be more than happy with an April release, whatever it takes. :)
Just betting on it. Makes too much sense when looking at all the statements from Showtime, their release schedule, the production schedule, and most of all the proximity to the date of the pilot.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

dronerstone wrote:

4/9/17

-Mordeen

Pretty sure it's guesswork for the moment. The upcoming season of Homeland will air its finale on 4/2/17 (assuming it takes no weeks off), and the upcoming season of Billions will finish up on 5/7/17. So the Sundays after those two finales (4/9 and 5/14) are the two dates most commonly being bandied about.

The April date seems more likely of those two choices since a mid-May premiere would make things very awkward from an Emmy eligibility perspective.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

adl345 wrote:
dronerstone wrote:

4/9/17

-Mordeen

Pretty sure it's guesswork for the moment. The upcoming season of Homeland will air its finale on 4/2/17 (assuming it takes no weeks off), and the upcoming season of Billions will finish up on 5/7/17. So the Sundays after those two finales (4/9 and 5/14) are the two dates most commonly being bandied about.

The April date seems more likely of those two choices since a mid-May premiere would make things very awkward from an Emmy eligibility perspective.
Put that money on 4/9/17.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I've said it a few times but I think Emmy eligibility is key and I bet on the April date too. Showtime wants awards and they struck gold with GOT missing this year's window.
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

Si78 wrote:I've said it a few times but I think Emmy eligibility is key and I bet on the April date too. Showtime wants awards and they struck gold with GOT missing this year's window.
TWIN PEAKS: PAYDIRT!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.26.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.26.29 PM.png (407.42 KiB) Viewed 7675 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Looking like you nailed it with your TCA release date announcement prediction.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mordeen wrote:Looking like you nailed it with your TCA release date announcement prediction.

-Mordeen
Hard to imagine all those folks there and not getting a release date and/or new trailer. Who knows though.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

So a potential announcement on 1/9 of a potential air date of 4/9.

Gotta love the 9 vibe.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

It's not hard for me to imagine, but I hope you're right.