TWIN PEAKS "remix" project?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

dugpa wrote:I would be up for doing a cover song of some sort. It's been a while since I've done anything musically.

Here is a link to the music project I did several years back.

http://www.myspace.com/148384135
Whoa. I really love Devious.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Thanks silenttwn. I'm in the process of uploading some new ones. We did a song that was a tribute to Lynch and Badalamenti and called it "Julee". Funny thing is that the first two chords sound a bit like "Laurens Walking" from the Straight Story however we wrote it probably 2 years before the film came out.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Hey everyone! Update on the thing:

I have opened a gmail account to keep track of things. What I need from interested parties is to send me an e-mail, containing this information:

Artist name:

What are you interested in doing?
a) A cover or covers of Twin Peaks songs
b) Inspired by Twin Peaks song(s)
c) Both
d) Other (list what you want to do in this case)

Are you interested in collaborating with other persons involved in the project? Y/N

If you are interested in covering a song, what song or songs are you most interested in covering? Please prioritize the list, having what you most want to cover on the top, if there is more than one song.

Any ideas for a name, theme, etc.?

Please e-mail this information to: twin.peaks.remix@gmail.com

Thanks!
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

dugpa wrote:Thanks silenttwn. I'm in the process of uploading some new ones. We did a song that was a tribute to Lynch and Badalamenti and called it "Julee". Funny thing is that the first two chords sound a bit like "Laurens Walking" from the Straight Story however we wrote it probably 2 years before the film came out.
I'll keep an eye out for that one. You definitely have to do a cover! That'd be awesome.
zachary_mayo

Post by zachary_mayo »

silenttwn wrote:I have a question for those interested: would you be more interested in covers or remixes of Twin Peaks music, music inspired by Twin Peaks, or a mixture of both? I am thinking a mixture of both might be best.
A mixture would be intersting.

I think what Fantomas did in their "director's cut" album was really something : it's based on a sample of the theme from Fire Walk With Me, and it's something à la Lynch, not far from Lynch et Neff's BlueBob music.