'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Panapaok wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:Do you know anything about its distribution in Europe?
It'll probably be similar to TSHOTP.
I hope so. Thanks Panapaok!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Has anyone yet pointed out that in Episode 13, Ben says he has prepared a "dossier" on Josie and her late husband Andrew's boating accident? Hmm.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

N. Needleman wrote:I'l just say this: I have my doubts Lynch will be content letting the final word on Twin Peaks be in a book by someone else.

I like your thinking
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

Anyway, as Lynch has already said, it only would be HIS final word.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

The Jumping Man wrote:
Oct 31st comes well before any DVD/Blu ray shenanigans, which I hope will offer exclusive content...
"The Final Missing Pieces."
No no no, if you gotta be extra you gotta be extra, Twin Peaks 2.8 Missing Pieces Final Chapter Prologue or bust :lol:

(If anyone else noticed the accidental similarities between the structure of TP additional materials and Kingdom Hearts additional materials, please send help, I don't know what to do with this mental image)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

saygoodbyetojack wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I'l just say this: I have my doubts Lynch will be content letting the final word on Twin Peaks be in a book by someone else.

I like your thinking
I'm not so sure about this. Whether this new book is covering the 25-year gap or retconning s3, I don't necessarily see lynch getting territorial about it just because it has the word final in the title. I think to him these books are just this other thing, and most of the people paying attention follow his lead, so all it would take is one politely dismissive comment in an interview to achieve the aims I don't really buy lynch having
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Soolsma wrote:Got it :) Thank god I remembered he used the word detrimental.. Saved me from a long google search session..
Ryan W. Bradley: The initial announcement of the book said it was going to bridge the gap between the original series and the new one, but it doesn’t do that at all. Was that misreported or did the project evolve away from that?
Mark Frost: It was misreported. It was a generic press release that was put out before we really even knew what the book was. I quickly realized there was too much proprietary information that would have been contained in those gap years and might have been detrimental to the eventual series.
source
Thanks a lot, I was looking for this!
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

So, we need a real 'Complete Mystery' release that has the Secret Diary, MLMT, the Access Guide, the series, movie and Missing Pieces all in HD, the Secret History and Final Dossier.

Unfortunately, several pages of the Final Dossier will likely be out of sync! ;)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Who will read the audiobook? Can't wait!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

I don't think there's any great importance intended with the use of the word "final". I think Mark Frost would be the first to admit that the television episodes are the core of the franchise and his books are supplements.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

AgentEcho wrote:I don't think there's any great importance intended with the use of the word "final". I think Mark Frost would be the first to admit that the television episodes are the core of the franchise and his books are supplements.
I sense the word final is alluding to the idea that the dossier was tampered with, and this is the final (un-tampered-with) one. Anyone else?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

DirkG wrote:
AgentEcho wrote:I don't think there's any great importance intended with the use of the word "final". I think Mark Frost would be the first to admit that the television episodes are the core of the franchise and his books are supplements.
I sense the word final is alluding to the idea that the dossier was tampered with, and this is the final (un-tampered-with) one. Anyone else?
Yep, as in definitive.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

'Final' as in Friday 13th: the Final Chapter...

How many more films did they make after that one?

Nothing's ever 'final' for very long in Hollywood! ;)
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I'll be aghast if they remake "Twin Peaks" when I'm an old man.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

DirkG wrote:
I feverishly hope that's the case! It would shed a whole new (favorable) light on the first book.