'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Post by Soolsma »

Jerry Horne wrote:There looks to be a flyer for a memorial service at the Roadhouse on the 5th year anniversary of Laura's death.
Such a well placed tease.

I guess that chapter could serve to fill a gap we've all felt: all those characters reflections on Laura's life and death after it was put in such a different perspective through the reveal.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Jerry Horne wrote:There looks to be a flyer for a memorial service at the Roadhouse on the 5th year anniversary of Laura's death.
I Think the same.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

IF these are all from the new book (mixed signals, Pan MacMillan, mixed signals...), I am delighted to see a tangible mark of Coop's passage in town: the RR started advertising its coffee as "damn fine".

My friends and I like to joke that he charmed the socks off e v e r y o n e in town during that one month, so for example waiters at the Great Northern frequently give each other thumbs up, "Dale" is the most common name for men aged 20-25 etc :lol: this will do.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

laughingpinecone wrote:IF these are all from the new book (mixed signals, Pan MacMillan, mixed signals...), I am delighted to see a tangible mark of Coop's passage in town: the RR started advertising its coffee as "damn fine".
Good call!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

A wonderful detail.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

I've only finished the book when I come here to read everyone's thought about it and I read this amazing news.
oh yeah
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Jerry Horne wrote:Not 100% on this.
I'll be your 100%.

Positive.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Does anyone have any information on the Audio book in the UK? It is still not listed on Amazon.co.uk nor on the PanMacmillan website.

Also does anyone have any news if Mark Frost will finally do his book tour in support of this book in the UK?
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

musicaddict wrote:Does anyone have any information on the Audio book in the UK? It is still not listed on Amazon.co.uk nor on the PanMacmillan website.

Also does anyone have any news if Mark Frost will finally do his book tour in support of this book in the UK?
He was tweeting about that again a few weeks ago. He mentioned again that he plans to head to the UK at some stage in the year but there wasn't much more info than that
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

saygoodbyetojack wrote:
musicaddict wrote:Does anyone have any information on the Audio book in the UK? It is still not listed on Amazon.co.uk nor on the PanMacmillan website.

He was tweeting about that again a few weeks ago. He mentioned again that he plans to head to the UK at some stage in the year but there wasn't much more info than that
Cool, thanks for the information.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Audio CD finally listed on Amazon UK for pre-order https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Dos ... al+dossier
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

wow i can't wait for this!! what a time to be alive and kicking :)

i really liked the first "Secret History" book, despite some discrepancies and a few less than exciting chapters i read it from front to back with great interest. and on top of that the hardcover looks absolutely gorgeous, and this seems to be formatted just the same way with almost the same design. it's like a nighttime/daytime version of the cover, another twinning theme. imagine how fantastic these will look on your shelf or displayed.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I read the book again recently (after loving it the first time), and almost enjoyed it more second time round. It had a lot more stuff in it than I remembered.

I'm definitely with you in enjoying the whole look and feel of the book. I like to simply walk to the bookshelf and paw at it from time to time.
RR Diner Member

Post by 4815162342 »

Rewatching the 2nd half of season 2, I can see where it could have (and without Lynch's interference, maybe would have) gone in the direction of aliens. They certainly teased aliens, although the "correction" that the broadcast was coming from the woods was around ep 20 or so, deep into the Lynch-less period. It still seems like misdirection to me.

Hard to ignore the true story of Hank/Norma/Nadine/Hank, Annie existing, Norma's mother being a different character, Pete definitely playing chess, etc...

I guess in a week or so, we'll have some idea if it's all Frostian nonsense, or there's some grand conspiracy, or if they really decided to retcon most of season 2.
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

4815162342 wrote:Rewatching the 2nd half of season 2, I can see where it could have (and without Lynch's interference, maybe would have) gone in the direction of aliens. They certainly teased aliens, although the "correction" that the broadcast was coming from the woods was around ep 20 or so, deep into the Lynch-less period. It still seems like misdirection to me.

Hard to ignore the true story of Hank/Norma/Nadine/Hank, Annie existing, Norma's mother being a different character, Pete definitely playing chess, etc...

I guess in a week or so, we'll have some idea if it's all Frostian nonsense, or there's some grand conspiracy, or if they really decided to retcon most of season 2.
I kinda have a hunch it's just Mark Frost slipping up and not doing a really solid, proper rewatch/taking notes of the series before writing TSHOTP.

I hope I'm wrong, because the amount of errors would be astoundingly high if that's the case.