The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: SPOILERS: The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Post by sneakydave »

http://www.falseprophet-hq.com/level2/

More imagery. Including a page that says:

September 21, 1808. The ring is sent forth from the lodge. The others come thence to retrieve it. This has a picture of the Giant holding Cooper's ring up with 'The World' written beneath it.

I've tried to access Level 3 but I get a message saying that to get to Level 3 I must find the book of the key and the lock.

I love stuff like this. But I'm too stupid to make any sense of it. :-)
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

My best guess is that the owner of the site, which used to be a(n unofficial?) Donnie Darko thing, noticed the traffic and is repurposing it as a TP thing for kicks. If it's been up for a while, and it has been proven that it's been up for a while, it can't be anything serious.
Still fun for people who have fun cracking these sites!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Yeah, i probably agree with that.

Cool imagery though. They are obviously talented.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

sneakydave wrote:http://www.falseprophet-hq.com/level2/

September 21, 1808. The ring is sent forth from the lodge. The others come thence to retrieve it. This has a picture of the Giant holding Cooper's ring up with 'The World' written beneath it.

I've tried to access Level 3 but I get a message saying that to get to Level 3 I must find the book of the key and the lock.

I think you have to press a certain key on the keyboard.I am currently investigating the code of the page now.It also says Buick Sedan document is a forgery
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Should there be a separate thread for this?

Feels like we are way off-topic with this stuff in this particular thread.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Oh, now that I'm not on mobile and can see the thing - guys, that's fanart. The tarot set is famously by Benjamin Mackey, that bluish Coop portrait keeps popping up all over the place (I think it's originally on deviantArt?), etc.
Not cool of them to use uncredited fanart, whoever they are.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Ah OK. That lessens my excitement a little then.

Definitely not cool if they are not crediting the folks who came up with the images.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

This thing is not legit and needs a separate thread.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
LurkerAtTheThreshold
RR Diner Member

Post by LurkerAtTheThreshold »

sneakydave wrote:http://www.falseprophet-hq.com/level2/

I agree that this is getting of topic...

So back to the actual mystery of 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks'
What I did find interesting in the 'clues' on that website, is the focus on dates in that level 1 page. It got me thinking...

And my mind came back to the central mystery of the series as we know it right now.
7/17/2016 - This is the date that the dossier was found at the crime scene, according to Agent Cole and TP

12:05 March 28, 1989 - This is the date that the 'archivist' writes the last page in his dossier, noting that Agent Cooper was acting strange.

The running theory on all of this is, as seems to be suggested by the document is that Major Briggs is the archivist, and that he is probably killed by evil Coop. The problem with this theory is fairly obvious, the crime scene that the dossier is found does not occur for 27 years after the archivists last entry. Therefore if Coop did kill him at this point and take the dossier with him. 1) What has he been doing with it for 27 years? and 2) Who is the dead body at the crime scene.... It can't be Major Briggs because his dossier would have continued longer. But then, the only reason why we believe Coop may have killed Briggs is the fact that it was found at a crime scene.

Here is a theory. We know that Mark Frost had originally intended to write the missing history of Peaks in the 25 years between the series. We also know that this section was cut for reasons of keeping the secrets of Season 3. Frost has also hinted that a second part of the book/dossier covering this missing portion will be released after the series.
Therefore it is reasonably to assume that Frost probably wrote a lot of the second part of the book already. What if this is key?

What if the archivist is actually hidden in lieu of the missing 25 years. What if the second half of the book will actually be part two of the dossier? Maybe Gordon Cole only released part of it to TP for unknown reasons, TP herself says something along these lines.

This would also explain why events covered in the dossier go past the ending (Hank in jail etcetera).

As the document was found in 2016 and not 1989, it is reasonable to assume it has been added to in the last 25 years.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

and 2) Who is the dead body at the crime scene....
From what I recall, there was no mention of a dead body...

I mean, it's highly likely that the "crime scene" refers to a murder, but still, as far as I can remember, no actual information as to what the crime was. I keep picturing a fire or something.
LurkerAtTheThreshold
RR Diner Member

Post by LurkerAtTheThreshold »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:
and 2) Who is the dead body at the crime scene....
From what I recall, there was no mention of a dead body...

I mean, it's highly likely that the "crime scene" refers to a murder, but still, as far as I can remember, no actual information as to what the crime was. I keep picturing a fire or something.

True. I hadn't thought of that. That's a possibility.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Given all we know so far, 1) the large number of cast members, 2) the multiple locations, 3) the short screen time at least Sherilyn Fenn is getting and maybe others in the old case, and 4) the fact that Mark Frost said he and Lynch worked a year on the script for the first two hours

Has it occurred to anyone else that the first two hours of the new Series will actually wrap up most of the loose ends and plotlines from Season 2, and the rest of the series will just be all completely new stuff, more like the 'Adventures of Agent Cooper Worldwide' than 'Twin Peaks'?

In other words, the first two hours might be fan servicing, the rest of the series will be the new ideas that Lynch and Frost want to explore, with all the old plotlines basically resolved.

I have not idea if this is true, but it is a thought I've been having lately.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Has it occurred to anyone else that the first two hours of the new Series will actually wrap up most of the loose ends and plotlines from Season 2, and the rest of the series will just be all completely new stuff, more like the 'Adventures of Agent Cooper Worldwide' than 'Twin Peaks'?
After seeing a lot of Cooper in his FBI suit, I think something along these lines is a distinct possibility. I find it kind of heartbreaking to think that it could wrap things up that quickly and perhaps painlessly. I've always imagined S3 serving as both a new season of Twin Peaks, with new stories, characters and places, and a coming to terms with it's past, with the Twin Peaks mythology as a whole, Laura's death, the Black Lodge, Cooper's doppelganger, everything. I've said it before, and it wasn't all that popular from what I recall, but I stand it by my hope; I really want this season (and perhaps S4) to be the true ending of Twin Peaks. A really powerful, all-encompassing final statement.

I'm still convinced it will deliver one hell of a gut punch.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

mtwentz wrote:Given all we know so far, 1) the large number of cast members, 2) the multiple locations, 3) the short screen time at least Sherilyn Fenn is getting and maybe others in the old case, and 4) the fact that Mark Frost said he and Lynch worked a year on the script for the first two hours

In other words, the first two hours might be fan servicing, the rest of the series will be the new ideas that Lynch and Frost want to explore, with all the old plotlines basically resolved.

I don't think so. Frost also said "We're calling it Twin Peaks for a reason"... Lots of old characters are getting large roles (or at least relatively large, considering the sheer size of the cast!) - just looking at the teasers, we're getting Hawk, Lucy, James and Bobby as major players. Audrey having a small role isn't indicative of anyone else.
I do, however, think that most of the old storylines won't really factor in the new series. It's been 25 years! Coop is still a cliffhanger, but I'm guessing that for the most part, the old characters' dominant themes will be explored through new storylines.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

laughingpinecone wrote:
mtwentz wrote:Given all we know so far, 1) the large number of cast members, 2) the multiple locations, 3) the short screen time at least Sherilyn Fenn is getting and maybe others in the old case, and 4) the fact that Mark Frost said he and Lynch worked a year on the script for the first two hours

I don't think so. Frost also said "We're calling it Twin Peaks for a reason"... Lots of old characters are getting large roles (or at least relatively large, considering the sheer size of the cast!) - just looking at the teasers, we're getting Hawk, Lucy, James and Bobby as major players. Audrey having a small role isn't indicative of anyone else.
I do, however, think that most of the old storylines won't really factor in the new series. It's been 25 years! Coop is still a cliffhanger, but I'm guessing that for the most part, the old characters' dominant themes will be explored through new storylines.
It's been already implied from an insider here that Twin Peaks is basically a starting point for major events that take place outside of the town. I don't think the town will be completely marginalized and it is very possible that some important subplots involving characters you mention will occur once Cooper goes to Vegas and the desert, but it is very likely that Twin Peaks will have a much smaller role than what most people expect.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series