The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

windomearle99

Re: SPOILERS: The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Post by windomearle99 »

wpc77 wrote:I really hope that S3 doesn't turn into Quantum Peaks:

"Good Coop awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own time was made through brainwave transmissions, with Briggs, the Project Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Good Coop could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Good Coop finds himself leaping from [plot point to plot point], putting things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next leap will be the leap home..."
Personally, I'd watch the hell out of that show.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

dkenny78 wrote:. . .and Major Briggs more than likely not appearing in the new series
Nothing is certain, for sure. Maybe we'll even see LMFAP, Agent Desmond and Agent Jeffries. Movies and television are magic these days, and I wouldn't underestimate DL & MF's drive to make their vision complete, despite death or other complications.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mordeen wrote:
dkenny78 wrote:. . .and Major Briggs more than likely not appearing in the new series
Nothing is certain, for sure. Maybe we'll even see LMFAP, Agent Desmond and Agent Jeffries. Movies and television are magic these days, and I wouldn't underestimate DL & MF's drive to make their vision complete, despite death or other complications.

-Mordeen
Agreed. Nothing is certain and no list is complete.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Mordeen wrote:

-Mordeen
'specially after the lead actor casually mentions that there are "more than 200 speaking roles", emphasis mine.

That being said, recasting the dead would feel weird to me, potentially in bad taste, but should it be the case, I'll wait to see how it all works in the show before passing judgement.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

laughingpinecone wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Mordeen wrote: Nothing is certain, for sure. Maybe we'll even see LMFAP, Agent Desmond and Agent Jeffries. Movies and television are magic these days, and I wouldn't underestimate DL & MF's drive to make their vision complete, despite death or other complications.

-Mordeen
'specially after the lead actor casually mentions that there are "more than 200 speaking roles", emphasis mine.

That being said, recasting the dead would feel weird to me, potentially in bad taste, but should it be the case, I'll wait to see how it all works in the show before passing judgement.
I'll go on the record, at risk of being scoffed at, that there will be absolutely ZERO recasts of characters in the modern timeline, even if those actors have passed. Younger versions? Of course, if we go back in time like the book does, but in Twin Peaks Season 3 if we see familiar characters I'll wager they'll be familiar actors, by trick or by treat.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

For you detail-hackers out there:
Andrews passportnumber is symetrical...just like " wow, BOB, wow"...

And: about the moon-stamp:
Didn't Jacoby have som reference to the moonlanding on one of his umbrellas?
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

crossoverman wrote:
ForKeeps wrote:What error? FittenTrims just said he spelled it wrong, not Frost.
It was Ponds in the original series and Pons in the book. It's another deliberate discrepancy between book and show.

It's always been Pons to Frost: https://mobile.twitter.com/mfrost11/sta ... 2233426944
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mordeen wrote:

-Mordeen
No doubt Hollywood can do amazing things technologically (see a babyface pre-Elephant Man Tony Hopkins appearing in last week's Westworld flashback). There are still legal realities, however. While it's possible that they could construct a convincing Agent Jeffries for a scene or two, if given the blessing of the Bowie Estate, there is absolutely no way the MFAP will appear in anything other than flashbacks to prior episodes (or as a recast). Using an actor's likeness without permission and "creating" a performance is misappropriation and would give MJA a slam-dunk lawsuit against the production. Even if Lynch/Frost were inclined to attempt something like this (which I very much doubt), Showtime's lawyers would never let them.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Did Frost go three for three on the Lana Miss Twin Peaks of '89 during last night's B&N appearance? Mordeen? Anyone?
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Audrey Horne wrote:Did Frost go three for three on the Lana Miss Twin Peaks of '89 during last night's B&N appearance? Mordeen? Anyone?
I was at L.A., not Frisco, but he definitely made a point of "reminding" us that Doug married Miss Twin Peaks '89. At this point he's just messing with the continuity harpies.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

That's right, sorry. It seems he used the exact same "causal" wording at your event as my NYC one. Just checking to see if he's sticking to a script.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Mordeen wrote:

-Mordeen
There are still legal realities, however.
Absolutely.

There are additional realities too. I'm just urging folks not to deal in absolutes at this stage.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Audrey Horne wrote:That's right, sorry. It seems he used the exact same "causal" wording at your event as my NYC one. Just checking to see if he's sticking to a script.
Oh he most definitely is. He was reading from one, that included cues to excerpts from the audiobook as well. This is all very well thought out and orchestrated.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
BJohnny

Post by BJohnny »

LonelySoul wrote:I'd post this in the inconsistencies thread, but there are more people reading this one I suspect.

Can anyone identify what the stamp says in the upper right of Norma's postcard to her parents? This is version of the postcard shown in the July trailer, not the moon landing version we actually see in the book.

Image here - http://www.imagebam.com/image/b08abc497090463
Haven't seen anyone answer this one yet. That stamp is by artist Peter Max for the 1974 World's Fair! 1

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... tamp_2.jpg
http://petermaxmania.com/max/stamps.html

The text reads, "EXPO'74 - US10¢ PRESERVE THE ENVIRONMENT". Issue Date: April 18, 1974

If I had to guess... sloppy graphic designer grabbed a stamp image they liked without realizing the issue date. Fixed it before publication without realizing the "FIRST MAN ON THE MOON" stamp was also problematic in a timeline sense. Issue Date: September 9, 1969

1 I was at the '74 Worlds Fair in Spokane. Didn't see any UFOs, but I did lose my balloon... Lot's of invisible-dogs though. --BJ
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

Audrey Horne wrote:Did Frost go three for three on the Lana Miss Twin Peaks of '89 during last night's B&N appearance? Mordeen? Anyone?
at the sf event last night he said, and i quote, "douglas, who we met you'll remember in season 2, was at that point the publisher of the gazette and later in that season married lana budding. i believe she was miss twin peaks 1989 as a result of her contortionist jazz display which wowed the judges."

i thought it was interesting that he said "i believe she was.." personally, i dont know what i believe anymore..