'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by Jerry Horne »

So, to me, it looks like an envelope of paperwork included with the book.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Native American defo looks like Crazy Horse from what I can remember. Probably hinting at Hawks mythology with the woods and his people. Journal scraps likely to be Lewis and Clarks diary entries? Cannot wait for this book. Countdown is on!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Trying to extract clues but it's pretty damn hard. Wish that thing they do to enhance blurry images in movies and series was real....

Still really nice to get an impression of it visually!!!

Who's this US Air Force volunteer then?
Attachments
whosthis.png
whosthis.png (209.32 KiB) Viewed 10374 times
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

What was Windom's background again? Any chances it could be him?

Calhoun Memorial better be telling us that Annie is FINE.

And who's sending postcards from Hollywood? James?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

The symbol at the bottom of the Calhoun document looks familiar.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Wow! That's a really fantastic tease.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

The postcard is supposedly from the 50's.

The chief in the picture is Chief Joseph (or Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Joseph
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Seeing all of those red CLASSIFIED stamps makes me think the compiler really could be Major Briggs!! To quote Betty Briggs: "that's classified".

Also... the three triangles on the bottom of that page are the tattoo Briggs was left with after he disappeared in the woods.

Two clues that are very Briggsy!
Last edited by madeleineferguson on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

Maybe an autopsy report on someone who has that tattoo on their body?
Mordeen wrote:The symbol at the bottom of the Calhoun document looks familiar.

-Mordeen

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

laughingpinecone wrote:What was Windom's background again? Any chances it could be him?
Similar lopsided grin, & Blue Book was an Air Force operation... I'll put money on that horse too. :wink:
Vambeefco

Post by Vambeefco »

That sure looks like a young Major Briggs to me... compare the mouths, in particular.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

madeleineferguson wrote:Seeing all of those red CLASSIFIED stamps makes me think the compiler really could be Major Briggs!! To quote Betty Briggs: "that's classified".

Also... the three triangles on the bottom of that page are the tattoo Briggs was left with after he disappeared in the woods.

Two clues that are very Briggsy!
Briggsy is my new favourite word!
I was about to say that no, the symbol close to his tattoo but the triangles are spaced a little differently, but lo and behold
that's exactly Briggs' tattoo :o It's Coop drawing it on the blackboard and subsequent fans who got their tattoos (like this one!) who got it wrong... incredible.
Mark Frost on his way to righting his own rushed storytelling from '91 go go go!

PS if the Calhoun Memorial report is about him and the Air Force pic is also him, then who's writing this dossier :o
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Seeing the tattoo from Briggs' neck makes me really happy. That came from the latter second season section of the series. I was afraid Frost and Lynch would generally ignore most of that stuff, but seeing this gives me hope that some of that stuff will be addressed somehow at least in the book.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I can't take credit for Briggsy! That's Windom's nickname for the Major. Can't recall which exact episode, but he definitely calls him Briggsy.

The compiler is a man, a local involved with the community (who would have gone to the funeral at Pearl Lake) and apparently someone with access to classified FBI documents. It's gotta be Briggs. Right?
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

LonelySoul wrote:Seeing the tattoo from Briggs' neck makes me really happy. That came from the latter second season section of the series. I was afraid Frost and Lynch would generally ignore most of that stuff, but seeing this gives me hope that some of that stuff will be addressed somehow at least in the book.
One of my greatest hopes for the book is that it'll give Frost a second chance to make his ideas from back then shine! That whole subplot had plenty of potential imho, but it was carried out with less subtlety than you average D&D campaign and ended up having very little psychological relevance for all the characters involved. To me, it ended up looking more like standard YA novel fare than Peaks' brand of weird (which he is ofc very well capable of conveying, given how he co-created the entire thing). This was probably due in no small part to the short deadlines and lack of coordination that reportedly reigned back then. But now that he has all the time he needed to polish it and make it work, I'm cautiously optimistic about it all.
And hey, 'rework it until it shines' is TP's way, much more than 'conveniently forget about it all'. Fingers crossed!

(still: no Excalibur for Harry. Please. Give the good Sheriff his chickens if you wanna go the unfilmed script scenes route but absolutely no Excalibur)
madeleineferguson wrote:I can't take credit for Briggsy! That's Windom's nickname for the Major. Can't recall which exact episode, but he definitely calls him Briggsy.

The compiler is a man, a local involved with the community (who would have gone to the funeral at Pearl Lake) and apparently someone with access to classified FBI documents. It's gotta be Briggs. Right?
Hah, right! Well now it's an adjective too!
...and yeah, and not only involved enough to have gone at the funeral, but also the kind of person who'd write down a moving speech. That's also very very Briggsy. But who knows. Frost may be throwing us a curve ball - especially if some of the documents are about Garland himself...