'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

garethw
RR Diner Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:Got a shipping notice for the CD's last night and the book at two in the morning. Both due on Tuesday (Street date)

When I was a kid, I worked in a video store and enforcing the street date was very important. I guess times have changed?
FWIW, Amazon have done this for a while.

The first time I recall seeing it was when I ordered none other than "Mulholland Dr" on DVD (in 2002, I guess?). I was pleasantly surprised at the time that they shipped it several days before street date.
The_Trout

Post by The_Trout »

Amazon has a "street date" guarantee of sorts, so that you'll get your media when it's supposed to come out. Sometimes this gets us stuff early, which is always fun.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I do feel a bit guilty. I only preordered maybe 2-3 weeks ago - ended up getting it Saturday afternoon.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I have the hardcopy of the audiobook as of today. Fantastic listening to familiar voices read the book, but there's no replacing the tactile and visual presentation of the novel. It's a must-have.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Got mine yesterday :D
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Will be downloading the audiobook in the next ten minutes in work. Hardcover due on Thursday.

I'm getting zero work done today.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
herofix

Post by herofix »

Mine arrived Monday from a non-Amazon online UK bookseller. In about 2 hours I'll open it and read it from cover to cover in one go, I bet.
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Pre-ordered the book and audio CD from Amazon UK. The book seems to be getting released Thursday 20th October in the UK (instead of the 18th). However the audio CD has had an 18th October release up until now. Today it says on Amazon UK: "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item." On my order page it just states the following: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Anyone knows what is happening with the audio CD?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

My copy of the book just shipped from Amazon, but with a delivery estimate to Australia of November 2nd?! Are they sending it by lawnmower?!!!
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Mine just shipped! order tracking number on Barnes and Noble doesn't work though, so I don't know when it will arrive. Don't know if anyone else has the same problem.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

herofix wrote:Mine arrived Monday from a non-Amazon online UK bookseller. In about 2 hours I'll open it and read it from cover to cover in one go, I bet.
Do you mind sharing which bookseller you used?
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

a bit more information on the san francisco mark frost event next week:

"Mark is happy to sign all of his backlist and any number of The Secret History of Twin Peaks; he will sign and date, but not personalize. No photos please, especially posed. Mark is happy to sign one piece of TP memorabilia per person."
GoodMorningAmerica
Roadhouse Member

Post by GoodMorningAmerica »

The Texas Book Festival schedule is up: https://www.texasbookfestival.org/festi ... cted_day=3

Mark's reading and signing will be at 12:30, Sunday, November 7 in the Omni Hotel Ballroom.

Hope to see some of you in Austin!
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

beano wrote:a bit more information on the san francisco mark frost event next week:

"Mark is happy to sign all of his backlist and any number of The Secret History of Twin Peaks; he will sign and date, but not personalize. No photos please, especially posed. Mark is happy to sign one piece of TP memorabilia per person."
Thank you for the update.

I want to pick something to have him sign that I can hopefully get autographs on from others at the fest next year. I'll have to think about it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

GoodMorningAmerica wrote:The Texas Book Festival schedule is up: https://www.texasbookfestival.org/festi ... cted_day=3

Mark's reading and signing will be at 12:30, Sunday, November 7 in the Omni Hotel Ballroom.

Hope to see some of you in Austin!
November 6th, NOT the 7th.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM