'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by Ross »

Panapaok wrote:Holy shit! The inclusion of new cast members like Knepper, Shiels and Morrison sounds amazing and the plot thickens even more! Where can we find a full list of the people that will lend their voices? Also, I wonder if Forster or Ontkean will be featured. Probably Forster, I guess.
Well- if they have Forster reading for Truman in the audiobook, that "secret" will be out of the bag!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Len Cariou! He's great on Blue Bloods!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

So, since new cast members will be featured in the book, it's pretty clear that it will actually reveal a few things about the series. I mean, Knepper is supposed to have a substantial role in the series.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The article doesn't say if the people mentioned are the OLNY ones involved, or if there will be others...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

So apparently I may end up buying this thing twice - once in print, once on audio.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Whoa! Chris Mulkey! Len Cariou was the original Sweeney Todd on Broadway... he's got an amazing, scary voice.

I'm incredibly curious about Amy Shiels. Seems like she might be playing a local!
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

I don't believe that people like Knepper and Shiels being involved necessarily means they will be voicing their characters in the book.

I mean we know Mulkey is not in the new series (although I suppose Hank could very well be in the book.)
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

ForKeeps wrote:I don't believe that people like Knepper and Shiels being involved necessarily means they will be voicing their characters in the book.

I mean we know Mulkey is not in the new series (although I suppose Hank could very well be in the book.)
It would be silly if they were not voicing their own characters
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

So Len Cariou and Annie Wersching are only in for the audiobook?
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:So Len Cariou and Annie Wersching are only in for the audiobook?
I hope they're both in the new season too, but perhaps they'll be voicing important characters from the past?
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Sigh.

It looks like I also have to buy the book *and* the CD. Haha, an annoying thing to be bummed about.

It does make me wonder though .. from what we've seen of the the novel, it's very mixed media. How exactly does that translate to audio CD? Like, for instance, that one invoice for a truck. It seems like an odd thing to read out, y'know? Are the mixed media pages sort of, inserts within a larger form narrative (as in, not every single page is some kind of fiction historical document). I'm just scratching my head a bit.
DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

I have been wondering if there is going to be an overall narrative accompanying the dossier or just the pieces of evidence themselves, like we saw in the trailer? Maybe the audio version will just cover the accompanying narrative? So many possibilities with this news (and book)...
Rudagger wrote:Sigh.

It looks like I also have to buy the book *and* the CD. Haha, an annoying thing to be bummed about.

It does make me wonder though .. from what we've seen of the the novel, it's very mixed media. How exactly does that translate to audio CD? Like, for instance, that one invoice for a truck. It seems like an odd thing to read out, y'know? Are the mixed media pages sort of, inserts within a larger form narrative (as in, not every single page is some kind of fiction historical document). I'm just scratching my head a bit.

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

DeerMeadowRadio wrote:I have been wondering if there is going to be an overall narrative accompanying the dossier or just the pieces of evidence themselves, like we saw in the trailer? Maybe the audio version will just cover the accompanying narrative? So many possibilities with this news (and book)...
Could be. They could just print out smaller versions of the print-outs to include with the CD.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

musicaddict wrote:
ForKeeps wrote:I don't believe that people like Knepper and Shiels being involved necessarily means they will be voicing their characters in the book.

It would be silly if they were not voicing their own characters
I'm saying we shouldn't assume their characters are in the book just because the actors are part of the audio version. There is plenty of stuff in this novel that is not dialogue and it will all be read by somebody.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Well holy shit. What fantastic news! It's really feeling like we're going to get something beyond our terribly lofty expectations. It takes one's breath away sometimes.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .