Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by nonemoreblack »

Troubbble wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:
Haha, I lol'd.

For real though... we have to use the information we have, and based on what we've seen, Coop and Mike have clearly been in an alliance all season long. And the fact that Mike immediately accepts Coop's order to make a new tulpa suggests that they are aligned in a greater way just beyond Mike wanting to get back at Bob or Evil Coop, or steal back the corn, or whatever.
I can see Mike gaining respect for Cooper even if his intentions weren't initially that good.
Not opposed to the idea that Mike respects Cooper in some way... but he also NEEDS him. Under the circumstances, it would be pretty weird for him to refuse the request.
Oh yeah I agree. In terms of whether Mike is good or bad though, I wonder if Cooper has made him somewhat better, like he's done with everyone else.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

So o was just thinking in the scene where Richard was first introduced he was smoking in front of a No Smoking sign. Yet there's an entire sce of cigarette butts being swept up...I think this is the clue to which roadhouse scenes are real and which ones are fake maybe. I'll have to go back and watch but just thought of that. Also Audrey would remember Renault but after that one appearance he's never seen again
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I thought the guy was sweeping up peanut shells.

Was Audrey ever at the roadhouse any other time than for Miss TP? I can't remember any. She definitely doesn't seem they type to hang out there like James, Donna, or Bobby used to at the same age.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

Damn I was thinking they were butts. I'll have to watch again
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Normonaut wrote:OAnd if the other poster was correct about the name being shouted before the fight was the same as the name mentioned in E1 being "not in the normal hospital", can we assume the nuthouse isn't even in Twin Peaks? Seems like it's not a large enough town to support a facility like that. Then again it IS Twin Peaks :roll:
That name is "Monique" according to the closed caption. I don't recall the name in E1.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Ross wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I'm surprised more people aren't more annoyed with the Cooper age discrepancy. Gahhhhhhhhh. I'll stew in my own pain haha.
Is there a discrepancy, though? Maybe the doppelganger was created when Cooper entered the Red Room. That'd make him 25 years older than Richard.
No it wouldn't. That would make them the SAME age - both 25!!
Thank you Ross for being the voice of reason on this! Haha.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So assuming that's the last we've seen of Richard (not a safe assumption really, but definitely a possibility) how does everyone feel about that ending for his character arc? I was kind of expecting Richard trying to blame his lack of having good parents as the reason he turned out the way he did. But if that't the last we see of him, it is sure to be slightly controversial as some will say that we needed to at least hear the conversation between him and DoppelCoop on the way to the coordinates.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Alright so the coordinates Diane texted Mr. C last night are definitely the same as the ones on Ruth Davenport's arm. So where does that leave us? Mr. C said three people gave him coordinates, two matched and one didn't.

Are we to assume Diane previously game him coordinates that weren't fully listed out or were incorrect (despite her having the full coordinates that we saw on her phone)? Jeffries also gave him the same ones (despite the initial tea kettle numbers being the same as Ruth's)? Perhaps both were working together to kill Mr. C? And Ray gave him the correct Ruth coordinates to Twin Peaks? And then last night, after his "ALL" text, Diane gave all of the coordinates, which matched Ruth's? I also thought "ALL" might indicate all her memories were returned to her.

I have no idea how to make sense of the three people and the two sets of matching coordinates other than this scenario. I didn't think Diane gave Mr. C any coordinates before last night but I'm not sure how that's possible now. Any other ideas?
Last edited by vicksvapor77 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

It certainly seems like an incomplete arc at the moment. Like the Steven and Becky story, we'll need to see if we get anything else.
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

Definitely believe ALL was referring to kill all of the agents you're embedded with.

I think this was the last of Richard. The way his body vaporized like that, very similar to Earle, and I believe, a visual representation of complete erasure/annihilation.

I also think there is certainly something significant about Renault in the road house scenes...I think what revelations occur in the final 2 installments will answer our timeline/reality issues, but probably in an ambiguous enough way that we can still argue about it for years to come.
I'm back in style!
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

mtwentz wrote:So assuming that's the last we've seen of Richard (not a safe assumption really, but definitely a possibility) how does everyone feel about that ending for his character arc? I was kind of expecting Richard trying to blame his lack of having good parents as the reason he turned out the way he did. But if that't the last we see of him, it is sure to be slightly controversial as some will say that we needed to at least hear the conversation between him and DoppelCoop on the way to the coordinates.
Mr. C could have taken any person and placed them on that rock... My take is that whatever happened, it could've only been triggered by Mr. C or someone very genetically similar. Perhaps Richard was created just for this purpose?

Was Mr. C was merely using Richard to see if the rock was some sort of trap, or did Mr. C have to knowingly sacrifice his offspring as part of an offering to The Experiment? If it was the intent to bring Richard into this world only to turn him into cannon fodder, what is Mr. C gaining from this? So many questions.

As for Richard's arc ending here, I can't really see that happening. The way he perished (it looked like his body vanished and left just his head there for a moment) seems to indicate he'll pop up again. Maybe Richard will be another kind of BOB type monster. Given the way this episode ended though, there is no telling what is certain.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Has anyone brought up that it's weird that Cooper seems like Cooper pre-season 2 finale? I assumed the Black Lodge split his soul into two parts, good and evil? What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

MoondogJR wrote:
BigEd wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if some of the those scenes were real and some weren't, just to add to the dreamy feel of the Roadhouse.
Yes. Exactly this!
I haven't rewatched, but I was thinking: maybe the scenes in which the announcer (JR Starr) is, are the scenes that aren't 'real'?
Sorry if this idea was stated before!
I thought the same thing, but the announcer is also in the scene where "green glove" punches the two guys, and later he and James are arrested for that, so it must have been real, unless the jail scenes aren't real, either. The scenes with the announcer are:

- Part 8: Nine Inch Nails
- Part 13: James sings "Just You and I" (this scene seems very unreal)
- Part 14: Sophie and Megan (Tina's daughter) talk about Billy (characters mentioned by Audrey), and they mention the nuthouse.
- Part 15: James and his friend with the green glove are at the Roadhouse, "green glove" punches two guys.
- Part 16: Audrey at the Roadhouse.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Alright so the coordinates Diane texted Mr. C last night are definitely the same as the ones on Ruth Davenport's arm. So where does that leave us? Mr. C said three people gave him coordinates, two matched and one didn't.

Are we to assume Diane previously game him coordinates that weren't fully listed out or were incorrect (despite her having the full coordinates that we saw on her phone)? Jeffries also gave him the same ones (despite the initial tea kettle numbers being the same as Ruth's)? Perhaps both were working together to kill Mr. C? And Ray gave him the correct Ruth coordinates to Twin Peaks? And then last night, after his "ALL" text, Diane gave all of the coordinates, which matched Ruth's? I also thought "ALL" might indicate all her memories were returned to her.

I have no idea how to make sense of the three people and the two sets of matching coordinates other than this scenario. I didn't think Diane gave Mr. C any coordinates before last night but I'm not sure how that's possible now. Any other ideas?
Yeah I'm still confused by who had the real coordinates. Has anyone made screencaps of all the instances we have seen coordinates throughout the season?
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Ashok wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Alright so the coordinates Diane texted Mr. C last night are definitely the same as the ones on Ruth Davenport's arm. So where does that leave us? Mr. C said three people gave him coordinates, two matched and one didn't.

Yeah I'm still confused by who had the real coordinates. Has anyone made screencaps of all the instances we have seen coordinates throughout the season?
Not only that but who has mentioned them and in what context? Haha.