Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rhiannon

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by Rhiannon »

OMG,WOW,that scene with Bad Coop,Woodsmen and the Convenience store was one of the best, most suspenseful TP series footage i have seen.....absolutely brilliant David Lynch.
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Is it me, or does anyone else feel like Mr. C has gotten slightly less evil since Bob left him? He strikes me as more human and less cold than he was in the earlier parts. Even though he's of course still not our Cooper.

Fabulous episode. Nothing else on TV makes me feel the way Twin Peaks does, and I'm going to miss it so much. Something I loved about the Norma and Ed scene was that it was also closure for Nadine. Lovely.

I've been somewhat bothered with the way some fans are reacting to the Audrey scenes. It's obvious something isn't right with her mental state, whether what's happening to her is real or not, and Richard has been confirmed to be her son. Between that, the bank explosion, and her feelings for Cooper she must've suffered a great deal of trauma, yet I see many fans more annoyed she isn't the same cool Audrey they remember than concerned for her. :?
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

I've avoided talking about Audrey at all because I have no idea what to make of her scenes yet, other than being on board with the confusion and frustration being memetic/intentional.

Kind of sucks to have spent one of the more strongly characterized female characters of the original run on that kind of plot though, mostly for how it operates as part of a whole as covered in the gender thread.

If gold and wood can come together so poignantly, there's a chance everything with Audrey could as well, but I suspect it's always going to be a choice where I'm mixed at best on its strength.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

these last episodes have seen so good. twin peaks truly feels special again

also. is the girl who screams at the end named ruby?? and, does anyone think that naidos arrival to twin peaks is kinda healing the town, showed by norma and ed finally getting together and the sunny woods scenes
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
Josh

Post by Josh »

Rik Renault wrote:I think Dale is back, but knowing Lynch we won't end up seeing him for 2 whole episodes anyway Image

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
He'll be in a coma for two episodes only to wake up and ask "How's Annie?".

I'm only half joking.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

That last scene with Ruby crawling across the floor of the Roadhouse was incredibly powerful. For me, too powerful to be a random, unexplained moment of which we'll never know anything more.

What if all of these Roadhouse scenes introducing new characters are actually building towards something? Like, a second season? By now, it seems clear that there's not enough screen time left to even touch on all of these new characters we've met at the Roadhouse, let alone explain their stories. So why create all these characters, these loose ends, without any intention of examining them again?
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

madeleineferguson wrote:That last scene with Ruby crawling across the floor of the Roadhouse was incredibly powerful. For me, too powerful to be a random, unexplained moment of which we'll never know anything more.
Wow, I had the exact opposite reaction. I loved that whole bit too, but I think it stood fine on its own and I'd never want it sullied by any greater context.

That was pure film.
Last edited by Cipher on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

i love hutch and chantal
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Cipher wrote:I've avoided talking about Audrey at all because I have no idea what to make of her scenes yet, other than being on board with the confusion and frustration being memetic/intentional.

Kind of sucks to have spent one of the more strongly characterized female characters of the original run on that kind of plot though, mostly for how it operates as part of a whole as covered in the gender thread.

If gold and wood can come together so poignantly, there's a chance everything with Audrey could as well, but I suspect it's always going to be a choice where I'm mixed at best on its strength.
Could you link me to the gender thread? Sounds like something I'd be interested in.

I hear you on the mixed feelings. Although I'm enjoying the thematic connections between certain characters being stuck in time or experiencing something otherworldly. The pay off for various storylines has been great so far, so I have faith in Lynch and Frost. At the moment I'm confused because everything in those scenes suggest Audrey waking up being the climax, but there's evidence against that too.

If Mr. C has Cooper's memories, does that mean when the real Cooper comes back he'll remember everything Mr. C did? I'm sort of dreading the darker side of what Cooper returning will mean.
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

nonemoreblack wrote:Could you link me to the gender thread? Sounds like something I'd be interested in.
It's always on the front page; should just be a few topics down.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

After that scene with Richard and Mr C, I don't believe that Audrey has been in a coma since the bank blast. I cant see the Hornes leaving a photo of Cooper with Audrey if she was in a coma all this time. She must have been a mother to Richard for a while for Richard to see that photo and remember it like he did. Is it possible that Audrey recovered from the bank blast and sometime later something happened to her, such as an accident?

As brutal as they are Chantal and Hutch make me laugh, "there is always junk food in the air".... :)
Well Dressed Man

Post by Well Dressed Man »

During the convenience store's smokey fade out, I heard slowed down voices and what not, so I took the audio and sped it up a bit. Still pretty undecipherable, but there's a bit of music that becomes clear at the end. Does anyone recognize it? I don't.

The segment almost sounds like someone tuning a radio to different channels. Different layers, having different rates of playback, to make it unrecognizable. Anyway, I don't think there's any clues here, but here's a link to the file if you want to listen for yourselves.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mpal94uhi ... _store.mp3
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

firefly2193 wrote:It's insane that we have 3 parts to give conclusions to so much. I honestly have no idea how they're going to do it.
i kind of feel the opposite after tonights episode, with the speed we are going in now and as most of the plot strands are starting to come together i no longer have any doubts that the time left is perfectly sufficient to tell the rest of the story.. of course, i am sure a lot of stuff won't be answered, probably way more than in the original TP
I find it strange that, given Lynch recently described season 2 (likely meaning post ep14 season 2) as 'stupid', he would write a storyline as dumb and awful (so far) as a man with a super strength green glove. Nadine's superpower looks positively subtle and organic film making by comparison. I wonder if it's a comment on that story line somehow? But it really doesn't seem to. Only thing I've really disliked about the last two parts.
now this i completely agree with, i hate, hate, hate the Green Glove Boy, although i did laugh in joy at the bizareness of ep. 15's use of his strength.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

again i have to give it up to Lynch and the team for the sound work on this episode, it's constantly been excellent but this was one of the best yet. i strongly recommend anyone who haven't seen it with headphones yet to do so, there's truly layers upon layers of effects, music, diegetic and non-diegetic sounds that really enhances what's on the screen. the use of music was bullseye too, from the "Accident/Farewell Theme" being played during the Margaret Lanterman eulogy to the Otis Redding live performance, some new Badalamenti, and the track at the end was excellent.

has anyone here heard The Veils album that this was taken from? i see that its produced by El-P and Dean Hurley which is a very good sign.. definitely interested in seeking this one out.
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Cipher wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:Could you link me to the gender thread? Sounds like something I'd be interested in.
It's always on the front page; should just be a few topics down.
Ah, thanks.
Cooperscoffeecup wrote:After that scene with Richard and Mr C, I don't believe that Audrey has been in a coma since the bank blast. I cant see the Hornes leaving a photo of Cooper with Audrey if she was in a coma all this time. She must have been a mother to Richard for a while for Richard to see that photo and remember it like he did. Is it possible that Audrey recovered from the bank blast and sometime later something happened to her, such as an accident?

As brutal as they are Chantal and Hutch make me laugh, "there is always junk food in the air".... :)
Yeah that's what stumped me. It might be nothing, but I thought it was interesting how Richard said she "had it" instead of "has it".