Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

N. Needleman wrote:TP writers (Engels, etc.) have been hinting at portals to the Lodges all over the world since the FWWM days. I think this is finally coming to fruition.

Also, as to the portal, let us not forget: "Infuse the machine with gold."
I'm just glad there's one in olde London towne. :-)

Twin Peaks seems to be especially important though. And clearly it's preferable that a person gets there under their own steam, rather than chewed up by the Lodges and spat out of a plug socket somewhere.
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Love loved LOVED how Andy undressed Chad just like he did Albert.

Half joking, wouldn't be surprised if the final scene is Hawk coming out of a sweat lodge after tripping balls on some bad Peyote...
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

ThumbsUp wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
sycamore wrote:
Or a flash-forward? This being the only scene from his vision that we (the viewers) haven't seen yet.
Possibly. It seemed like Lucy was white as a sheet, so I'm wondering if it's tied into her condition or even into Wally etc.
Sorry if this has already been said, but I was wondering if Andy was leading a shocked Lucy to a newly returned Coop in the lobby after 25 years.
Or was she looking at two Sheriff Truman and had to make a choice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

I think Diane was supposed to direct Gordon and the team to Jane-E and Dougie and i have a feeling it's part of a bigger ploy. Remember when Mr. C asked Diane via text messsage if there were news about Vegas? yeah, this confirms to me that Diane and Mr. C have all well planned out and i don't believe that Jane-E is her half sister at all. It acually reinforces the idea that Jane-E and her son are manufactured as Dougie.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:
thunderclap82 wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:I've just rewatched the episode. David Bowies accent is slightly different than the version in FWWM/Missing pieces. It sounds less Americanised so I wonder whether he re-recorded his dialogue to get more of a twang to it?
I don't think it was re-recorded, just an alternate take from the original shoot. See the Missing Pieces scene here: https://youtu.be/rHl_8WK8w3Y?t=31s

Compare it to how it was originally in the film: https://youtu.be/3nSqDMqCJQw?t=1m32s
The recording of Jeffries' line in Part 14 was neither the one from FWWM nor the Missing Pieces. It sounded like a different voice, was it even Bowie?
There's something definitely different.

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:The recording of Jeffries' line in Part 14 was neither the one from FWWM nor the Missing Pieces. It sounded like a different voice, was it even Bowie?
I hadn't noticed it sounded odd but there was an actor named Nathan Frizzell credited as 'Voice.' I initially thought it was a voiceover artist doing the squeaky window squeegee but you're right, it could've been a Jeffries dub. Is the dialogue different in any meaningful way?
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Also, I saw someone posted that Laura flanked by angels. I think that's the shot from the end of FWWM, duplicated and flipped.

Also, in terms of the fireman, remember what Margaret said to Laura in FWWM...

When this kind of fire starts, it is very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy

FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Rik Renault wrote:Just thought of another connection between Naido and Laura: the leaning in to whisper something the audience can't hear into a character's ear. There must be something to this.

Also re: Diane: it seems lots of people are having a very hard time opening up to the possibility that this Diane is evil, though maybe I'm being unfair. I would be very surprised if Doppelcoop was blackmailing her or even if she was playing both sides, because she has only ever seemed to obstruct the path of the good guys. Her answers to Gordon and Albert seemed very cagey and I don't trust her one bit. What is really in question for me is the motives of Janey E as she has never seemed like an entirely 'real' person to me; and this all seems like it's been set up for a purpose.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I'm open to the possibility - it just doesn't seem like there's any motivation for it. How is she benefiting from this arrangement?
thefifthlizard
Roadhouse Member

Post by thefifthlizard »

Esselgee wrote:Also, he should have mentioned that the GN just received a key to Cooper's old room.
That's what I was expecting him to mention
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Great episode.

But feeling less confident that we will get suprise cameo's (Michael Ontkean, David Bowie). Weren't there insides on this forum who claimed that there were several important cameo's from people who were NOT on the castlist?

Moreover, is there a chance that the final broadcast of part 17/18 will be three (rather than two) hours? Or does the promised 18 hours simply means 18 parts?
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

absolute masterpiece.

so leading the way from Jack Rabbits to Naido was Hawk followed by Truman, Andy and Bobby... until angle switches and Bobby is the one leading followed by Andy, Truman and Hawk.

LOVING this time. watching episode at night, and then reading you lots while re watching.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

crazyscottishguy wrote:I think Diane was supposed to direct Gordon and the team to Jane-E and Dougie and i have a feeling it's part of a bigger ploy. Remember when Mr. C asked Diane via text messsage if there were news about Vegas? yeah, this confirms to me that Diane and Mr. C have all well planned out and i don't believe that Jane-E is her half sister at all. It acually reinforces the idea that Jane-E and her son are manufactured as Dougie.
When the Doppelganger texted "Vegas?" he was trying to assess how much the FBI knew at that point, with the expectation that recent events and discoveries could already have pointed them in that direction.

Pretty sure he's determined to take care of Dougie/Dale and conclude his business in Las Vegas before the FBI can intervene and complicate things. If he wanted Diane to lead them there, she would have done so already.
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by Rik Renault »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
Rik Renault wrote:Just thought of another connection between Naido and Laura: the leaning in to whisper something the audience can't hear into a character's ear. There must be something to this.

Also re: Diane: it seems lots of people are having a very hard time opening up to the possibility that this Diane is evil, though maybe I'm being unfair. I would be very surprised if Doppelcoop was blackmailing her or even if she was playing both sides, because she has only ever seemed to obstruct the path of the good guys. Her answers to Gordon and Albert seemed very cagey and I don't trust her one bit. What is really in question for me is the motives of Janey E as she has never seemed like an entirely 'real' person to me; and this all seems like it's been set up for a purpose.

I'm open to the possibility - it just doesn't seem like there's any motivation for it. How is she benefiting from this arrangement?
Diane? I've been convinced Diane is a lodge spirit/doppelganger since "Let's rock" because of all the visual and sonic clues we received at the start of that episode.

Manwith
RR Diner Member

Post by Manwith »

crazyscottishguy wrote:I think Diane was supposed to direct Gordon and the team to Jane-E and Dougie and i have a feeling it's part of a bigger ploy. Remember when Mr. C asked Diane via text messsage if there were news about Vegas? yeah, this confirms to me that Diane and Mr. C have all well planned out and i don't believe that Jane-E is her half sister at all. It acually reinforces the idea that Jane-E and her son are manufactured as Dougie.
This doesn't make sense to me because Mr. C. wanted Dougie dead by now, things have not been going as planned...
thunderclap82
Roadhouse Member

Post by thunderclap82 »

I don't remember seeing this being mentioned before, but during Andy's sequence and the electric poll being shown three times, did anyone notice how it went from black and white, to a similar shot with a hint of color, to the final shot with more color?